Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/comic_page.php?chapter=00#nav

Comes out tomorrow.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

CmtBnZBEPB (PW: Fate)
Tamamo Cat, Carmilla, Heaven's Feel

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It skips dupes completely as far as I can tell, and I can't blame them for not designing it with rerolls in mind.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

I rerolled maybe 6-7 times before I hit Jeanne. I might've done more if I wasn't stupid and hadn't noticed that I had been gifted those quartz several quests in (I didn't start my rerollin' until Cu Caster showed up).

Next dumb question is, how do I access the Daily Quests? It says I can get some Quartz fragments if I do 5 of them. Just another thing that's not up yet or I am missing an option in this crazy maze of menus.

Go to the terminal menu (top left), then pick chaldea.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

As an addendum to "set up your supports", please don't leave Mash in your main slot there. There's no reason to pick her as a support and you blend in with everyone who hasn't set up at all.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

There's a daily for exp and a daily for mats, though apparently our version is missing some of them that'd be better for some mats and gems.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Hope they announce what they're doing with the 4* pick soon; with Herc plus maybe another 10-roll I'll probably be okay with sitting on quartz until a rate up or event.

Motto fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jun 29, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

if you mean ember, then it's because more exp is always good and farming silver cards will get you prisms too

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

e: fug
e2: but yeah, for example emiya's second interlude here
http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/servant_profile.php?servant=011#interlude
has the icon that indicates an NP buff

Motto fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 1, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Alard posted:

Ended up starting this after hearing a lot of people talk about this. I rerolled for a while before I got tired of rerolling, so I ended up sticking with an Emiya and Kaleidoscope pull I got. Something I'm wondering is if I should prioritize the dailies or the plot stuff.

I'd recommend dailies starting out since it's pretty easy to kickstart your servants to first ascension and boost your master level with those.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Apparently resetting the app works? Dunno if people were just joking on that count.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

uh

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

DrManiac posted:

After getting to play with gil from people on my friends list I'm cool with not having him. I finally got a account with waver so I'm saving up for Jeanne alter (because she's good???) or Tamamo (because she's my waifu from extra and also good)

Do they really change all the graphics in-game to be like the comic for aprilfools? that owns and seems like a massive waste of effort

They also turned the game into a Pokemon GO parody.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Pierson posted:

I noticed this distinction between free/paid quartz existed when I did my ten-pulls. God drat that's cheap.

even better, the "free" bonus quartz that come with purchases are considered as such when it comes to the paid gacha; you have to either buy the 42 or 30 singles if you want to roll it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

And all the welfares are free, with event exchanges just being for boosting NP level? That's even better than I expected.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

I guess I do have to use Kiyohime now. :(

Also this has nothing to do with anything but why was everyone so confused when they first met Spartacus in Septum? Like... he's saying normal words.

I saw this brought up elsewhere and I think it's that he spoke in an archaic and unusual way in Japanese.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

sorry i only play vns that let me date boys

The Prototype characters are from an AU where FSN is this.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Between my last three tickets I've gotten Liz and Artoria. :toot: If I really wanted Gil I guess I'd be salty about hitting a 5* but missing the rateup but I haven't actually tossed any quartz at this so I'm happy with that.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Depends on what you're trying to do. Some comps are about using Arts cards to constantly fire NPs, some depend on crit stars, others just raw damage with busters.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

skimming reddit current consensus seems to be clear every mission once for the completion reward, then rerun AP20 if you want medals or whichever is most appropriate if you want mat drops

e:

you can check the details of each mission and what they can (not necessarily will; you won't be getting, say, 15 bronze medals each time you run AP5) drop here
http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/quest_event_20150916.php#nav

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Since granblue does it differently, I'll note for anyone who isn't aware: you have to exchange your medals during the event period. Any unused medals will disappear along with the shop at event's end.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

A high level AOE NP support plus backup makes pretty short work of 30AP.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Guys, don't farm for Silvers. You will get more than enough via random extras simply through farming for Bronzes and Golds.

Yeah, I haven't even thought about silvers and I already have half the amount I want.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Just to make sure if I'm reading the JP schedule right, do Nerofest and Dango run back to back?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Hah, this round is even easier than prelims.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Wow, really? Hercules needs 6 of those octuplet things from the final event map, but he needs 6 to ascend. Well where am I supposed to get the other one then??

Drop from running it more.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

5* CE cost for 500hp guts isn't a great deal anyway.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah prob

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

mash owns and is really funny, they just didnt know how to wrote for the first few singularities. she gets hilarious later on

rip

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I've probably been too loose with tickets, but they got me another 4* and my only 5* while keeping ahold of my quartz stock so that's something.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Pierson posted:

Outside of events are drop-rates always going to be like this or will new storylines and dailies later on provide some better sources? Some of these percentages are very frustrating.

Comparing the JP and NA tabs on the gathering guide, yeah, there are way better story and daily missions for farming in the future. Between those and events you probably shouldn't tear your hair out going for super-rare mats unless there's just one servant you really want to ascend right this moment.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_SlTjrVRTgHgfS7sRqx4CeJMqlz687HdSlYqiW-JvQA/htmlview

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

It remains to be seen when it will be, but one of the things you can buy with event currency in the Moon Goddess event is Rider monuments (along with Assassin and Archer). Something to keep in mind as you throw AP at something with such abysmal drop rates that is the Duel dailies.

And the event after that will carry the other class pieces and monuments.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

A little more damage/survivability counts for more on a lower-tier servant, I assume, esp since they get more levels from grails.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Later Septem free quests are probably best for Golems, for Sabers just do the ember and mat dailies like usual.

Motto fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Aug 7, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

God, I loving hate mondays. They have the shittiest quests.

Fate/Garf Order

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

If they did moon goddess right now there wouldn't be another event until the end of October so

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Soylentbits posted:

Man. That makes that gacha far more tempting. Hmm.

Edit: Also we better be given something for that ap fiasco. People have lost apples over this. Not me but it could have happened that way.

We got an additional quartz on top of the three for maintainence

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I feel like it's just leaving money on the table at this point. Considering the market for PC VNs right now is pretty strong internationally, the work would be rewarded if they put out a professional release. I mean, Clannad had really impressive sales that cracked the top 5 sellers on Steam, which is even more impressive considering its high price point for a decade-plus old game that looks like a terrifying parody of anime art these days.

But, you know. You're right. It'd be hard. It's obviously better to exploit gacha addicts instead.

The biggest hurdle is likely whatever license fee TM is asking, though I wouldn't be surprised if it happens at some point considering how much stuff comes over these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

Hell yeah I won't have to worry about missing this during my vacation.

Only goal I have in mind are the Archer and Rider monuments, unless there is something else I'm missing that I should care about. What are the optimal dango grinding strats?

The Very Hard free mission has hearts as a drop if you want to try your luck at that (it also drops 3 as a first-clear reward).