Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Been looking forward to this for a while, big FATE fan. Two questions:

How generous are the devs when it comes to IAP currency? Is it similar to Puzzle and Dragon where there is a small-but-steady drip of currency that lets you roll a few times per event, or is it far more stingy?

How much of the story content can be cleared by a non-IAP player if the answer to the first question is 'stingy as gently caress'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
got past the gacha (Carmilla, gently caress it, not pushing my luck going for Berserker) and yooooo there's the good old VN magical technobabble I remember.

Edit: Okay so with the free Quartz is there any reason not to do a 10-roll again? If what we have right now is the 'default' gacha is it worth hanging onto quartz for banners?

Pierson fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jun 26, 2017

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Bakanogami posted:

The usual FGO gacha tactic is to miserly save all your quartz until there's a rate up gacha with someone you're aiming for, dump all of it, and then cry over your pile of 4 star CEs.
this is my kinda game

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

cheetah7071 posted:

the quality of the translation can't be helped
:golfclap:

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

My only 4*+ character from my tutorial and first rolls was Berserker. I guess that is grounds for rerolling? Also, I thought we were supposed to be able to pick a 4* tutorial roll character, but I did not see where to do that.
No he's numerically the best, you lucked out.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
How stingy is the game with experience cards? I've not really levelled anyone yet and have been letting a support Vlad carry me through Orleans, not sure who I want to bulk up first.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

SpaceDrake posted:

No, it's definitely 1% in the current gacha. I've gotten, if anything, a somewhat above-par rate for them but the rates are definitely what they are in JP.

Yes. Rate disclosure is a legal requirement after certain Granblue shenanigans.
What did they do to cause drama? Puzzle and Dragon got slammed by requiring some gacha monsters to require other gacha monsters as evolution materials and the uproar made them back off, and I know some Japanese gambling machine got slapped down real hard for needing a whole 'set' of gacha monsters to access a second gacha monster.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

EzEight posted:

So how are you guys liking the translations, went on reddit and saw that Marie is apparently a Meme Queen.
It's definitely got that Fate/Nasu feel of complete assholes trying to communicate extremely dense concepts or ideas to a total dumbass.

Checks out!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yo aesthetic question do later servants look and move better than some earlier ones? Because I'm like halfway through Orleans and every Buster animation is the same.

Also the meme about Kojirou is fuckin' legit, this guy is carrying me all the way across the country.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
How did you all take down Jeanne at the end of Orleans? I've not rolled the gacha at all so I have access to my starting Carmilla, the friend gacha, and whatever supports I can get.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I totally forgot Mash was outside the normal triangles. I guess third slot I'll pump up someone to support NP gain.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
In the end I just kinda semi-cheesed Jeanne by leaving the two dragons alive so she only got one turn, and the dragons wasted their effort on my assassins. Good poo poo, I think I'm getting into this game, it's a lot deeper than it first appears.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jul 3, 2017

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is there any gimmick setup for running the 30/40AP dailies besides "level more idiot" or "find a god-tier support"? I tried a couple of times and got lucky once but they're tough with my current terrible team.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Thuryl posted:

My standard frontline setup for 40 AP is Tamamo Cat and Mash with a support Jeanne. Mash and Jeanne keep Tamamo alive while she blows everything up. 40 AP could be dicey without a decent backline and the right craft essences (especially Imaginary Element or Kaleidoscope for starting NP gauge up on Tamamo), but a decent Berserker with Mash and Jeanne should at least be able to blitz through any day's 30 AP without too many problems. You get Kiyohime for free after Orleans, so she'll do if you don't have anything better.
Cheers man. My servants aren't that great but playing to type advantage and finding an amazing Emiya has let me spam a bunch for levels.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Pureauthor posted:

There is no rule that says an imitation cannot surpass the original.
:golfclap:

I spotted like a level 90 Ruler in the wild and when I tried adding them their friend list was already full, some people go at this game hard god drat.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Endorph posted:

also she isnt an alter but we got tamamo cat before tamamo proper
This is fine because Tamamo Cat's aprilfool sprite rules, when do get those.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Vengarr posted:

At least you can say this is the worst it can possibly get--

:shepface:
Whales on that level have basically got to be bored 1%-ers right?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Kyte posted:

There's the story of that guy who used up all his money, used up his parents' money and then borrowed from the yakuza...
yeah but did he get the drop

Question about Evade skills: The skill saying 'Times' rather than 'Turn' means (like for Caster Cu Chulainn) it'll only evade individual strikes, right? So an enemy that has a multi-hit attack can burn through the whole thing in like one Quick card animation?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Tarezax posted:

It's actions, rather than attacks. A multi hit attack will still only count as a single action for the purposes of the dodge.
So he can tank three actions before the skill fades? That's baller as hell, thanks dude.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Which the King of Kings has now arrived to end, bringing with him a ton of gifts for his loyal subjects.

They seem to have forgotten his banner though. I used my summon tickets on it because NO FEAR and actually got a CE with no image, so maybe they weren't quite as done with maintenance as they thought.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
If anyone finds a reliable-updated place for the APK can they post it? Dumb EU plebs can't update automatically as usual. Just got kicked out of a mission and told to update. :(

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Didn't know about either of those things, will do, thanks guys. :)

Edit: Three False Attendant's Writings in a row, gently caress off Shinji

Pierson fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jul 6, 2017

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
50 free rolls and while no golden rear end in a top hat I did get a lot of the servants I wanted (Medea, Medusa, Cu Chulainn, Alexander) and a Kaleidoscope, Prism Cosmos and Heavens Feel for CEs, so pretty good for a launch I feel. Boudica might be the worst, laziest design I've seen yet though.

Also can anyone throw out some general CE advice? What to keep multiple copies of, what we can safely fuse etc? It looks like levelling CEs not only increase their attributes but sometimes also raises their skills?

Pierson fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jul 6, 2017

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm torn between Emiya and Herc. Like I know Herc is technically the better character but I already have a poo poo-ton of Berserkers and I'm a mark for UBW so I dunno!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Marogareh posted:

Is the game making GBS threads the bed for anyone else or is my phone dying? The frame rate is really loving bad and now I'm stuck on a white screen after doing Nero's NP in an exp quest.
Did you originally download all the data? Acording to either this thread or the other Type-Moon thread you need to re-download all of it after a patch.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The half-off dailies are fantastic if you can consistently clear the Expert one. I'm sitting at something like 60 extra AP.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Lovin it.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Gologle posted:

God, F/GO runs like absolute garbage on my phone, but it's the only way I can buy quartz, so I'll have to hope it can not burst into flames. Spent $140 so far, no Gil, but I did get Artoria and Jeanne, and I'm prepared to spend another 140. Please stop me, the abyss is sucking me in.
Between now and the next Gil banner you can probably save hundred or so quartz from levels, quests, logins, rewards and maintenance.

Stop rolling.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Anyone got opinions on the three-star Berserkers (Kiyohime, Darius, Lu Bu)? Think poor Spartacus has reached the end of his usefulness for now.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah so while we're on the subject of the gacha; the one in this game is an endless trap right? It isn't like PAD godfests where if you want an average pantheon god and save for it there is an actual reasonable chance you can pull your desired* card? It's total crap and always will be and banners are a total illusion to get you to throw down real money?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I turned like 70 exp cards into prisms and then those into summon cards. Was trolled to gently caress with a gold Archer which turned out to be Atalante, then the second one got me Heracles. I guess the moral of the story is strip your account to the bone for summon cards and you will be rewarded. I'm not going to get Gil this time around but whatever I guess.

JP players how manyquartz do you think is in the game right now? Between storylines, quests, intervals etc? Must be a couple of hundred at least right?

Pierson fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jul 7, 2017

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So since the big launch event is pretty much over by now is this currently about the rate of quartz we can expect? A slow trickle from login chains and maybe a few from maintenances if we're lucky?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Hes' got those big strong arms (to carry us through content).

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Even the low-level ascension mat dropchances are brutal, god drat.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Bad Seafood posted:

Try rolling.
I'm nine quests away from another 10-roll and I just know this time the dumb gold fucker is gonna be there for me.

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

Filthy lies. Fate/Accel Zero Order is Waver reading his 4th Holy Grail War fanfic to you :v:
Waver is a big nerd gamer who fills in those player feedback surveys and sends them to the devs, he absolutely writes fanfiction.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jul 9, 2017

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
5000? God drat, what for?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Captain Baal posted:

guaranteed gachas where you use 30 paid quartz to roll for one 5* and only one 5*
I noticed this distinction between free/paid quartz existed when I did my ten-pulls. God drat that's cheap.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Thuryl posted:

Enuma Elish does bonus damage to all Servants, except for Servants with the Star attribute, except for some Star attribute Servants that take extra damage from it anyway. That's not a very satisfying answer, I guess.
Even in the mechanics Gil is just that annoying.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Somebody online said "FGO Lancelot sounds like Pyro from TF2" and now I can't take him seriously at all.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
She's good:

quote:

PROS
+Insanely good NP gain, like better than Andersen
+Self heal has a pretty low cooldown on it making it somewhat consistent sustain
+Decent attack for what is a support caster
+Single-Target NP from a Caster-Class Servant is genuinely pretty rare and clearing debuffs is also very strong as a side effect
+Overcharge is very easy for her to obtain

CONS
-HP is a bit on the low side
-Goes in so hard on her gimmick that NP is her most reliable source of damage
-Third skill is only really good for the cleanse, the np gain is kinda mediocre and only lasts the 1 turn
-Doesn't do much for a party with her skills excluding the cleanse

Overall Opinion: Medea's a pretty solid caster. While she doesn't have the team capabilities that someone like Andersen or Mozart do, she still has her own niche as being a caster with a surprising amount of damage. Her NP gain is so ridiculously good that it's honestly more reliable than it seems especially when dumped onto an arts team. She's still not as splashable as Andersen, but she does her own thing pretty drat well.
Score: 8/10
Also much respect for these write-ups, they have been insanely useful.

Are the 1/2/3* servants in the FP gacha the same as the paid gacha? Just cleared Orleans and figured I'd try for Caster Gilles if they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The subreddit r/grandorder is very good for that when they aren't memeing over their servant-wives:

quote:

Thanks to /u/Bobnotk and /u/dbull620 we have our Citrus for the week!

Fuyuki D x2 (4 Archer)

France Julia x1 (5 Werewolfs, 2 Wyvers=2 Rider), 1 Rider Enemy)

France Thiers x3 (6 Wyvern, 1 Zerker)

Rome Gaul x4 (3 Golem=3 Zerker, 2 Archer)

For a grand total of 74AP.