Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I don't really care about this but since you need people I guess give me the Oilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

It's okay, the draft order has already been set. I saw it in my dreams. I picked 8th. Who cares where the other teams were picking.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Top pick is easy because you just say "Connor McDavid"

No, you're required to go off the board with the 1st overall pick. No McDavid, no Crosby. Have to select somebody who's great, but not amazing.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

My plan was to draft Connor McDavid then Kris Russell. I think I'll have to throw that plan out the window now.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Yaya posted:

The Jets (and by extension picks 13 and 50 & onwards) would like to swap spots with somebody near the end of the first round, if they're interested.

I said this in the Discord, but I'll swap picks (25/38 onward) with you. Just posting so everybody else knows.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

corn on the cop posted:

although it's kinda lame when you don't get a choice in your first pick

Yeah, Kris Russell is too good to pass up.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Is cap consideration still a factor? Laine at peanuts > OV at his hit for sure

Yeah, all teams have to be cap compliant.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

welp, I have too many choices and don't know who to pick.

I might as well just pick the guy who I think is the second best D in the league, and turn the Oilers into a defensive juggernaut. Welcome to Edmonton Victor Hedman.

Kilza fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 13, 2017

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Technetium has until 6:55 PM EST.

Also Boomer, Animal and Jesus can all pick whenever that's cool too.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

stab posted:

the last two picks make me realllly regret getting pick #31. I hate myself and will hate my two picks and I want to die

In true Bergevin fashion your picks will be Alexei Emelin and Andrew Shaw, right?

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

So we're still waiting on Arabian Jesus and Habibi (x2) to pick. Fun.

Also lazerwolf has until 11:38 AM EST tomorrow. Maybe he'll steal Yaya's pick too. :v:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

ThinkTank has until 9:08 PM EST.

Jamwad Hilder and Vincent Van Goat up right after.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Technetium posted:

you know Adam Larsson is still available right?

shh, don't give away my next pick

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I have my top pairing LHD in Hedman, so I'm going to complete my top pairing by selecting my first RHD, John Klingberg. He's only 24 with a good contract and even though he had a bit of a rough year last season, he still managed to produce 49 points, and I'm sure he'll bounce back and do very well this upcoming season.

Kilza fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jul 16, 2017

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Boomer the Cannon has until 4:07 PM EST.

Following him is Thufir and Laderhan. Maybe if we're lucky we'll finish Round 2 (minus any Arabian Jesus picks) today!

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Calgary takes Ryan Johansen.

Already picked, try again.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

FBS has until 10:19 AM EST tomorrow.

mentholmoose and Laderhan are up afterwards.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I think we need to do something about Arabian Jesus before the next round gets too deep. My suggestion - highest scoring forward and defenseman available under 30.

Kessel and Jultz, then, if everybody else agrees?

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Technetium posted:

For here on out I'd just do some back and forth of highest scoring available Forward or Defenseman still available until he shows up or doesn't unless we find a taker.

That seems fine to me.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

take me you ANIMAL posted:

What's gonna happen when he has ten picks and hits the cap hit already?

We'll bend the guidelines (highest point F/D) as necessary to make sure to try and avoid that from happening.

e: Also I just added Phil Kessel as LA's first pick since that seems to be agreed upon. I do agree with Svejk and think Keith would be better than Jultz, so if anybody else can chime in on this that'd be great.

Kilza fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jul 17, 2017

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Sounds good to me. Want to give him one more day or the end of this round to make it even?

It's best just to do it as soon as possible. I'll preemptively put his picks into the spreadsheet and if he somehow comes on today then he can make his own selections. Else he gets Kessel and Keith for sure.

Also Boomer the Cannon is up, he has until 10:58 AM EST. Followed by Aye Doc and T-Bone. Make sure to PM your picks (preferably to corn) if you know you won't be around tomorrow morning/afternoon so we can keep this thing rolling.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Ginette Reno posted:

He seemed as dominant as ever last year when he was actually playing. And his skating is so good that even losing some of it would still have him being a great dman.

But yeah the whole made of glass thing is a bit of a concern.

If I thought Letang was going to stay healthy, I would have gone for him over Klingberg. Then again, if I thought Letang was going to stay healthy, somebody else would've thought that too and picked him way earlier (late 1st/early 2nd).

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Just got home from work. To break from the D train, I'll go with Nikolaj Ehlers.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Just two picks away from me. :(

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Well, I had three players in mind coming into this pick. The main one (Ehlers) is gone but I still have two other players to pick from.

Y'all probably think I'm crazy, selecting yet another defenseman, but I love this guy and he's just going to keep getting better. The Oilers, completing the Swedish trio, select Oscar Klefbom.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Arabian Jesus is still being consensus-ed so Vincent Van Goat is up followed by Jamwad Hilder

Consensus pick for Jesus right now would be James van Riemsdyk, if we want to pick for him right away.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Give me Sebastian Aho please. Apparently I am actually the Carolina Hurricanes.

Now is that Sebastian Aho, the Finnish player who's good or Sebastian Aho, the Swedish player who's not good?

I'm going to assume you meant the Swedish one and make a note of it. :v:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Jordan7hm posted:

It's maybe a tiny bit early for him, but Ginette has two picks before I go again and took him in the fourth round last year. I'm taking Matt Murray.

I know Yaya was also looking at taking him this round so I think it's about the right time. A 23 year old goalie who's won the Cup twice and is on a very cheap contract (relative to performance) is a good pick at this stage.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Ginette Reno is up until 9:35 PM EST, followed by Jonathan Fisk and JoelJoel.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

lazerwolf is up and has until 11:49 AM EST tomorrow. Wow!

Habibi and eXXon follow him. PM your picks to somebody if necessary.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

JoelJoel posted:

He's better than hank and probably better than Murray as a known quantity. I'm not trying to knock Murray but he's still young enough to go either way.

Fight me.

E- price is better (when not broken). Murray is close. Holtby as good maybe a bit better, but sucks in the playoffs. If I had to I'd rank em: Price, Holtby/Bob, then Murray. There's another in there I'd be tempted to take after Bob and before Murray but rules and all.

Braden Holtby, career playoffs: 29-30, 2.01 GAA, 0.930 Sv%, 4 SO
Sergei Bobrovsky, career playoffs: 3-10, 3.63 GAA, 0.887 Sv%, 0 SO

:thunk:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Verviticus has until 1:42 PM EST.

Iodized QQ and stab conclude round 3 and start round 4. Everybody remaining sucks at this point so you don't have to worry about making good selections with your picks any more.

Kilza fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jul 18, 2017

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Vervictus is up again until 4:54 PM EST to make not one but two selections.

eXXon and Habibi follow him.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

No one has picked Luca Sbisa either!

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

T-Bone posted:

Every year I pick the Jets to be good and every year they disappoint me but I think maybe this is their year.

Then again Dallas looks good too, who comes out? Minnesota?

I think Minnesota will be fine, Boudreau's always good at getting his teams to perform well in the regular season. However, I could see St. Louis missing out and maybe Chicago too.

e: Not to mention San Jose, which could give the Central another wild card team.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Verviticus posted:

alright, i'll take jaccob slavin and edit: changed this matt tkachuk

i can fill out the spreadsheet in a bit. kinda surprised the hockey hipsters in this thing let slavin fall this far

well thats a lot of cap flexibility moving forward

Slavin is a very good pick, and if I couldn't get Klefbom I would've gotten Slavin instead.

e: Habibi has until 6:53 PM EST. Following up is lazerwolf and Yaya.

Kilza fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jul 18, 2017

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

So for goalies we have to pick a starter right? Because everyone left is pretty meh.

I mean, you don't have to. You just have to select guys who are NHL property (as per rule 1). So if you want to pick back-ups or even prospects on NHL contracts, go nuts.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

lazerwolf has until 8:53 PM EST to pick. Yaya and JoelJoel up afterwards as we trudge along.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

JoelJoel posted:

Anyway, since some prick took Klingberg already, I'll go with the other Klingberg and select the ghost bear.

You're welcome!

Ginette Reno is up until 12 PM EST, followed by Furnaceface and Jordan7hm. So I guess Jordan will make both of those picks, then.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Ginette Reno posted:

The other guy I was gonna take is pretty good too hopefully nobody else saw it and you can take him :colbert:

Rakell is significantly better than who you originally had, though.

I get that there isn't really a rule against it, but personally I dislike people changing their picks after posting and updating the spreadsheet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Technetium has until 12 PM EST to pick, followed by ThinkTank and Jamwad Hilder.

• Locked thread