Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
I guess I'll take Col, can't make a team worse than what they have now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Sorry for the late pick, but I'll take Kuznetsov as my first round pick. Looked like he was still open on the spreadsheet. Started inventory at work yesterday so was drained.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
I'll take Shattenkirk.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Kilza posted:

That seems fine to me.

What's gonna happen when he has ten picks and hits the cap hit already?

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Kilza posted:

We'll bend the guidelines (highest point F/D) as necessary to make sure to try and avoid that from happening.

Sounds good to me. Want to give him one more day or the end of this round to make it even?

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Thufir posted:

Detroit gonna pick Ryan Ellis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10zQ23C_Q9Q

Always loved this.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Just got home from work. To break from the D train, I'll go with Nikolaj Ehlers.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Kilza posted:

Well, I had three players in mind coming into this pick. The main one (Ehlers) is gone but I still have two other players to pick from.

Y'all probably think I'm crazy, selecting yet another defenseman, but I love this guy and he's just going to keep getting better. The Oilers, completing the Swedish trio, select Oscar Klefbom.

Hey, that was going to my next pick! I knew I had to get at least one D in the first two so went with Shat22 because I know he'll get a ton of offence time in New York, but I had been eyeing Ehlers for that pick too since his two linemates went so fast.

My other two for the next round are still open so hope they make it till my next pick because inventory is finally over, and although it was terrible, it was doable thanks to our new GM not making GBS threads all over us on man hours.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Kilza posted:

Now is that Sebastian Aho, the Finnish player who's good or Sebastian Aho, the Swedish player who's not good?

I'm going to assume you meant the Swedish one and make a note of it. :v:

That was my choice if Ehlers before him. Aho is amazing, but look at who each of them play with.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Thufir posted:

Unless I forgot who someone plays for in real life, through 94 picked players:

Predators 6
Jets 6
Leafs 5
Penguins 5
Blue Jackets 5
Hurricanes 4
Capitals 4
Panthers 4
Sharks 4
Blackhawks 4
Bruins 4
Lightning 4
Kings 4
Stars 3
Senators 3
Rangers 3
Blues 3
Canadiens 3
Oilers 3
Ducks 3
Flames 3
Islanders 2
Wild 2
Sabres 2
Devils 1
Flyers 1
Red Wings 1
Avalanche 1
Coyotes 1
Canucks 0
Knights 0

Who from My Team got picked? (Avs) I also don't follow them, but would like to know because the spreadsheet doesn't know teams... oh wait, Duchence is still with that garbage team. At least he is getting six mil for it.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Only thing I got to rub in my father in laws face when he buys us tickets to baby stars games. Cause he always rubs the cups in mine for being a Caps fan.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
So for goalies we have to pick a starter right? Because everyone left is pretty meh.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Just got home from work, guess I'll take Dubnyk.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

glynnenstein posted:

The Capitals select Nate Schmidt, obviously.

A pick that shouldn't have been needed to be made!

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Why can't I find Kuzy's kayak on youtube anymore.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

mentholmoose posted:

phone posting, :toot:

Jared Spurgeon's still available, right? He's mine now!

Ahh gently caress,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIAvaw0TFBQ

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Kilza posted:

Laderhan has until 11:15 AM EST, followed by Thufir and Boomer The Cannon.

nobody steal any more of my picks alright thanks

If you told us your picks first, then we would know who not to steal.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

T-Bone posted:

good pick...jerk

Not an empty quote.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Jordan7hm posted:

Risto is hard to gauge. Dude is a monster baby playing crazy heavy minutes he absolutely is not ready to play, but if he were playing sheltered minutes like most other guys his age he would probably be lauded as a future superstar.

I had him as my backup in my phone in pick last round. Guy is good, but goes too often for the big hit which causes problems. Guy is only 22 though so has time to settle down some.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Jamwad Hilder posted:

i think that would be a reasonable pick for Consensus team, if everyone else agrees.

Highest ranking goalie still available. Good for me.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

eXXon posted:

Good morning!

I'm going to reach slightly and take Andre Burakovsky. He hasn't cracked 40 points yet, but he had the 9th most TOI/GP of forwards on the Caps last season and still managed 35P in 64 GP, plus 6 in 13 in the playoffs. He's signed to a reasonable 3Mx2 year bridge contract and since the Caps lost a bunch of forwards he's due for a breakout season next year. Plus, I might actually be near the cap this time.

That leaves me with:

Huberdeau-Malkin
Burakovsky-Duchene

OEL-Carlson

Crosses one off my list of players to get in the next round.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

JoelJoel posted:

Also, Kreider is a good pick. Crazy you fools let him slide so far.

He was on my list for next pick. Guy is almost as good at scoring as injuring top tier goalies.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Lets go teemu, I want to pick tonight, I got a 6-230 shift tomorrow.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Avs will take Brayden Schenn.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

FBS posted:

There are a lot of reasons to pick this player, from his fancy stats to his contract to his flexibility, but the only reason that matters is the huge man-crush I have on him.

Mathieu Perreault

Did not know matty P was still available.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Ahh, for fucks sake... give me 10.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Guess I'll take Jason Zucker, doesn't seem too bad. Don't watch the wild much because who does.

take me you ANIMAL fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jul 24, 2017

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I'm doin the fuckin thing and picking Daniel Sedin

Sedin-Sedin-Tarasenko
Pacioretty-Larkin-Miller
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Chychrun-XXXX
XXXX-XXXX
XXXX-XXXX

XXXX
XXXX

rad top 6 is rad defense is for nerds

You know we all left that for you, because without Sedin, where would be Sedin?

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

FBS posted:

I was worried about losing him after picking Raanta but this is almost exactly where he went last year.

Imagine if he ever plays a full season at some point!

Loved the guy since he was in Washington and still think he could be a really good 2nd line stud.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Kilza posted:

take me you ANIMAL has until 10:54 AM EST, T-Bone and Aye Doc follow.

At work so can't search the doc. If dadonov is still available, I'll take him.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
I'll take Esa Lindell.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
This is about to the point where I'm combing rosters just looking for names I've heard before or to see if old bums are still playing.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
What site will let me search for player on twilight contracts so I can fill out the rest of my roster with old asses that are clinging on.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Well the list I brought with me last night is all taken. Guess old man Patrick Eaves.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
I'll take Kris versteeg if no one else has. Still seems to be good for 30 points even if he's old.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
I have like four, two are prospects, two are over 30 journeymen. I have no idea how to do drafts with this many teams this deep. Prepare for me searching for "hockey players with NHL contracts." and drafting from that.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

players who you thought had retired five years ago.

I've already seen a couple of them.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Holy poo poo, we are already 120 dman deep. I only have three, guess I better draft a loving dman. I'll take average rear end Kyle Quincy to average out my team.

E: also, the letgo app is as bad as if craigslist could dm you to haggle and then just ignore you once you set up a transaction. gently caress, I just want to get rid of my loving washer/dryer, why is this poo poo so difficult.

take me you ANIMAL fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 2, 2017

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I don't give a poo poo about defense

That would have been a better strategy.

Edit: I'm also having to try and explain FIP to my new landlords since they want to charge me 400 pet fee for my cat that probably wont last the first month we move in. poo poo sucks and I have to call when my wife is gone even though she works in an vet emergency clinic since she cant deal with it (Cat is only 5). So if I miss picks or make poo poo homer picks over the next few rounds that is my reason.

take me you ANIMAL fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Aug 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
I'll take veteran forward Mike Cammalleri for one million dollars. Need someone that can play center if needed, holy poo poo I only had one center.

take me you ANIMAL fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Aug 3, 2017

• Locked thread