Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
we can take kovalchuk right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'd offer to run this in EHM but I don't think there's a database with Vegas yet :(

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
two spots left then?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
hmmm 10 hmmmm

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I think I would have taken Karlsson over Sid

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Tough choice between 4 or 5 guys and I kinda wish I picked later so I didn't have to make the choice but I'll go with Tyler Seguin

e: oh gently caress Seguin in Vegas

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
for me it was between Tavares/Seguin/Schiefele/Tarasenko.

Scheifele's 20% shooting percentage scared me a little, even if he's younger than Seguin. Tarasenko is nasty but he's on the wing, and I think Tavares might be the best of the four but he's a bit older. I wouldn't have been unhappy with any of them but I think Seguin was the right choice.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
what the hell time zone are you in?

night shift?

new chat thread?

I'd like to add that we do a draft in our Summer beer league and took a goalie and we're in first but we also give up like 40+ shots every game, we're pretty much Montreal and will lose in the first round

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Pastrnak/Barkov is nice I like it

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
do we wanna pick for/replace Arabian Jesus soon?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Hmmm I've gotta go with Filip Forsberg here I think although again it was a tough choice.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

He went in the first last year, kinda weird that he dropped like 30 spots.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Johansen/Monahan were the other two I was thinking about.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Kris Letang seems good here.

With the massive caveat of "when healthy" he is insanely good.

anyway Seguin/Forsberg/Letang seems like a pretty good core if they can all manage to get on the ice together for 70+ games

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jul 17, 2017

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Every year I pick the Jets to be good and every year they disappoint me but I think maybe this is their year.

Then again Dallas looks good too, who comes out? Minnesota?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Looks like I can pick in about a minute? I'll edit this post.

Anyway editing this to homer it up and take Cory Schneider.

My team is more or less win now (although it's not really that old) and Schneider should rebound and do well with a real team in front of him. I was probably going to go Gibson if he was available but this is fine.

Seguin
Forsberg
Letang
Schneider

thus far

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 19, 2017

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I like that team, almost as much as I like my team of strong young boys

We'll see, Letang and Schneider are kinda risky I guess but I think they're capable of three or so more potentially really good seasons.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Phone pick of Tyson Barrie.

drat was hoping he'd come back to me

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
noooo Jared

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'll take Anton Stralman.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

lazerwolf posted:

Wild select Dmitry Orlov

good pick...jerk

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Carlson was still on the board? I guess I just assumed he was taken. Definitely good value at this stage.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Rask definitely should have went ahead of Andersen. Talbot too. There's a case to be made ahead of Schneider even, I debated for a while but I had Rask last draft.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Technetium posted:

Rask was average last year, is 30 and has 4 years at 7 million. Andersen's posted better numbers this year and last and is cheaper and younger. No clue why people are down on Andersen but Rask is not better.

e: i should say Rask was a much better goalie than Andersen but he seems to be past his prime now.

I think it's debatable that Rask is past his prime and we're also talking about the goalie with the all-time highest regular season save percentage. I may be underrating Andersen a bit based on his 5v5 numbers though.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Yaya posted:

It might be too early for prospects but I'm extremely high on the greatest Clayton K. in professional sports, Clayton Keller.

Dude scored 1.45 points a game in the NCAA as an 18 year old. Those numbers are better than what Gaudreau did.

I'm not sure I'd really call him a prospect anyway, he was great at the WC and he'll be in Arizona's lineup 100% this year, probably on their #1 PP.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Yaya posted:

Guentzel was who I was thinking before I decided it was the time for Keller. Guentzel has super impressive numbers but his shooting % was very high. 19% in the regular season and like, 25% in the playoffs.

His AHL numbers were killer too though, I think he's probably for real. Maybe not at that pace, but a good top 6 guy.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
62 points in 54 AHL games is great. Better than Toffoli at the same age for instance.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
also gently caress off for taking Mantha

I like your team although I wonder if it has an elite dude who can carry (maybe Murray as he progresses) a team to the Cup, it's going to look good but it's giving me young St. Louis Blues syndrome

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
goddamn my list being annihilated, another good pick

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Niklas Hjalmarsson

-Seguin-Forsberg

Stralman-Letang
Hjalmarsson-

Schneider

must suppress all shots for my ptsd boy cory

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jul 23, 2017

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Dubois is worth taking in this draft but probably not yet and probably not with the other prospects available.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

corn on the cop posted:

The first pick of the 7th round is a supreme shithead but a very talented defenseman. He'll play next to Hampus on the first pairing.

The Man

Radko Gudas

Pearson - McDavid - X
X - Staal - Wheeler

Lindholm - Gudas
X - Niskanen

I was thinkin about Gudas and Hjalalalalalaamarsson but oh well

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I feel like I need a dude who can carry my second line and despite his contract I'm going Alexander Radulov because I think this team is ready to win now.

?-Seguin-Forsberg
?-?-Radulov

Stralman-Letang
Hjalmarsson-?

Schneider

Getting a little older and more expensive than I would like, but I think there are still good ELCs to be had, we'll see.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
drat you for loving my KHL second line

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I think at least the first year he does well unless he completely tanks because they don't have a lot at center, he's gonna get a ton of chances as the #1 PP C.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
disgraceful rear end bottom drafters

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
It's weird not drafting precious young boys but I imagine I'll have to start doing that soon.

I think I took Schneider too early and shoulda taken Manson or Carlson over one of my Swedes.

e: I like a lot of the same teams everyone is mentioning and also I think stab's team is very good outside of the Seabrook pick.

thufir and laderhan have good interesting teams too, and Ginette potentially might be better than Real Canadiens. Honestly there aren't a lot of teams that don't look pretty good for either right now or for the future I think the draft has gone well if a bit younger than usual.

I like Good Soldier's team. I think Kopitar rebounds and Tavares/Kopitar + that surrounding core will be really nice. Rantanen and Landeskog I *think* would progress well in that situation but maybe I just like them irrationally.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 25, 2017

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Yaya posted:

I feel like we might be overvaluing youth and budget a bit much in this draft.

Proof of which is I just got Joe Thornton, still an extremely good player, in the 8th round.

Ovechkin - Thornton - Pavelski
? - Hertl - ?
? - Keller - ?

Rielly - Muzzin

Allen

noooo I was gonna take him and gently caress my budget anyway

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Oh it's me.

Hmmm let's go with Julius Honka a guy who is ready to step right into Dallas's top 4 and looked really good in his limited time last year.

?-Seguin-Forsberg
?-?-Radulov

Stralman-Letang
Hjalmarsson-Honka

Schneider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I want to say I took Honka like two or three drafts ago. I'm surprised they didn't bring him up sooner but I guess with Klingberg coming in like he did (and also being a RHS) they could be a little more patient.

Man I hope St. Louis and Chicago just flame out this year. Winnipeg, Dallas, and Nashville have such cool teams and interesting young players.

e: Would have liked to have gotten Dadonov too, but I figured he would go pretty soon after Shipper.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jul 26, 2017

• Locked thread