Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I think the two most common things you'll see with the 10th assistant are going to be a dedicated special teams coach and splitting up secondary coaching between corners and safeties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Dan Enos' contract at Arkansas included a non compete clause that prevented him from moving to an SEC school

Dan Enos instead left and signed a contract with Michigan

two weeks later he left Michigan and signed a contract with Alabama

what a piece of poo poo lol

That loving rules

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Yeah he'd have been the obvious move under normal circumstances but hiring a long time Dantonio assistant is probably not the best look.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KKKLIP ART posted:

Doesn't he actually have a pretty drat good record as interim coach? Like way better percentwise than as a head coach?

Yeah. His USC stint was great, all the stories were about how he had saved the team by like taking them out to movies and pizza, like he was a new step dad trying to bond or something.

I think LSU and USC lend themselves well to an interim too, because they're free from all the tension of the old coach possibly getting fired and by necessity the interim has to keep things super simple, so the talent can just go out and win without the coach getting in the way too much

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KKKLIP ART posted:

Doesn't he actually have a pretty drat good record as interim coach? Like way better percentwise than as a head coach?

Yeah. His USC stint was great, all the stories were about how he had saved the team by like taking them out to movies and pizza, like he was a new step dad trying to bond or something.

I think LSU and USC lend themselves well to an interim too, because they're free from all the tension of the old coach possibly getting fired and by necessity the interim has to keep things super simple, so the talent can just go out and win without the coach getting in the way too much

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
E: double post

MourningView fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jan 30, 2018

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
E: triple post what the gently caress

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

vyst posted:

Nice quad post Gramps

I am blaming the poorly coded forum and not me being a fat fingered doofus who used to regularly accidentally lock threads while phone posting

Crotch Bat posted:

This is as bad a hire as Beamer ever made. Abysmal and disappointing in every way possible and proof positive Fuente is not going to be the guy going forward.

Lol

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Makes the Grinch thing slightly less depressing for Wazzu I guess.

Pats can rest easy knowing that no one in the NFL runs Iowa's offense anymore, at least until Jeff Fisher gets another job

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

vyst posted:

Hahhaha please happen. New England needs some Schiano men

Hilarious Iowa game aside he's a pretty good DC and it's not like the assistants really matter that much with a Belichick team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Every coach does that, even if they know they're leaving

• Locked thread