Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
guess he was innocent. justice is working

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Do it ironically posted:

lmao how tf do you deadlock that poo poo there's like 70 woman who said theyve been raped by him and all the stoires are the same

you'd do well in soviet russia

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
SOL doesn't usually start until you are 18 anyway.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

i like that posted:

Oh yeah and the so-called 'civil rights' police negligence lawyers whose website story says they went into law school after being victim of biased police conduct for themselves as a poor college student, yet ask for $600/hr even though they have less than 10 years experience and this isn't NYC. Chalk them up as being scum as well.

maybe if your username wasn't "i like that" less bad things would happen and you'd have a stronger case

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
i bet you believed that rollingstone girls story lmao

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

basic hitler posted:

it probably has a really noble origin story like some motherfucker got a long stupid sentence for something old and relatively trivial like a really old minor theft being prosecuted towards the end of an offenders life for the maximum sentence, and some other dude with some darker poo poo going on managed to make it a normal legal thing.

been used in most legal institutions since roman times

quote:

Such statutes are enacted to protect persons against claims made after disputes have become stale, evidence has been lost, memories have faded, or witnesses have disappeared. Statutes of limitations appeared early in Roman law and form the basis of the limitations provided in the codes of civil-law countries.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Do it ironically posted:

Aha is that your lovely argument? Maybe your podunk yokel cops can't properly keep DNA evidence but it lasts for years if handled properly

Not surprised some US guy would guffaw and go well shucks all that EV EE DENCE can't be kept that long!

why would they take dna samples if no crime is reported.

do you just mail your poop in a bag to the police station every few weeks so they have fresh dna.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

i like that posted:

I think the poster is referring to the backlog of 'rape kits' that are taken yet going untested, despite the statute of limitations thing

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2015/07/16/untested-rape-kits-evidence-across-usa/29902199/

Hundreds of thousands

I do similar things for a living.

theyre mostly untested because theres nothing to compare it with. Theres nothing to test. But it makes a sick headline

CaptainBtaksDad fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jun 16, 2017

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

i like that posted:

That isn't the reason at all according to studies. Lol at doing 'similar things' though

DNA evidence helps identify a subject.

what suspect

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

The onus being insanely skewed on the victim to prove their assault is the most messed up thing.
thats every law you idiot. You have to go in court and prove that someone wronged you. They are innocent until proven guilty. The accused also has the right to face their accuser.

Rape has hosed your brain up

CaptainBtaksDad fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 16, 2017

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Except it's like 1000x tougher to convince a judge and jury of rape than basically every other felony in existence, let alone getting a day in court with how cops, detectives, prosecutors, and the whole law enforcement system fails sexual assault victims at all points along the way. Lol.

lol good lord

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Trunko posted:

Yikes that's why everyone should thank they're lucky stars they live in a country like America rather than in whatever nightmare hell hole this paragraph is true in

Yea maybe Its just because I'm in America but here cops REALLY don't like sex offenders. Like they hate them. Most people do really.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Trunko posted:

Yeah I know villans talk like that on movies and stuff but do you really think this additude is institutionalize and accepted by our law enforcement professionals?

hes got a terminal case of college politics

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

i like that posted:

there are so many more rapists that get away with it than innocent men found guilty for a rape that never happened.

Thats literally every single crime and pretty much every society has decided its better this way to prevent governmental abuse.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Trunko posted:

Is she the one with the story about them body slaming her through a glass coffee table and then gang raping her on the shards of broken glass

it was all part of a frat initiation ritual too lol

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I think we should have a charity where all it does is run rape kits for police departments.

Theres nothing to 'run'. There is no reason to run a dna karyotype if you have no one to compare it too. It is a waste of time. It gives you 0 information if you have no suspect. The only reason you'd blindly "run" a preserved rape kit with no suspects is if it fit the profile of a serial rapist or there was one active in the area. The kits are collected and they are stored for years and years if a suspect ever gets named. Thats why rape kits exist. They don't exist to be "run". That is only one thing you can do with them if you have a suspect. Again, there is nothing to 'run'.

You are falling for jezebel level propaganda. While they try to score identity politics points it discourages women from reporting and collecting rape kits if they feel it won't be "run".

CaptainBtaksDad fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jun 17, 2017

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Trunko posted:

What exactly is a rape kit

Its a bunch of things. It usually is a collection of pictures and other physical evidence collected at a hospital. Things like photos of bruises, doctors opinions of swellings things like that. Part of the kit is swabbings and any fluid they can get out of it that might have foreign DNA. It is then placed in a preservative and stored frozen where it is good for many years.

To some people a rape kit is duct tape and chloroform different cultures different views I suppose.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Cnut the Great posted:

Is there anything you can link to that can show that this is really the situation with the rape kit backlog everyone's always talking about? You'd think at least one news organization would have realized this and seen fit to mention it.

Roofies, chloroform rag, rope, ski-mask...you know, basically anything you might need.

the media doesn't know jack about poo poo about science and most of those articles are huffpost and jezebel.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

And honey is bee vomit, and lobsters are water-cockroaches, and many dyes and waxes for food products are made from ground up insects, and vegetables are fertilized with animal turds, etc etc.

The world is gross, get used to it.

Chicken periods are a staple part of the diet of most people.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Tiny Deer posted:

Like you knew whores existed before now don't be loving dense

this page is about gross animal foods and vaginal swabbings please keep on topic.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Every drop of water you drink was distilled from a dark brown diarrhea slurry at a waste treatment plant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Tallgeese posted:

I am confused.

Didn't Cosby straight up admit to using qualuudes and then feeling up women in his original plea deal? How do you mistrial after that?

Because they have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt he did it to that specific woman and that he used them with intent to rape her (Quaaludes are abused as a recreational drug). He's only being charged for one of them because all the others theoretically happened 20-30 goddamn years ago.

CaptainBtaksDad fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 17, 2017

• Locked thread