Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Who wants to look at what other popular forums are doing? Are they very different? Are they doing something SA does, but better/worse? I didn't know and if you care to find out or know of a forum to visit you should mention it in here.

here's an example:

BODYBUILDING.COM

a hackneyed post on forum.bodybuilding.com

here's their forums
https://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19&s=9171e2e8b063ff8547f3c960a86ccd22

I don't know a drat thing about bodybuilding.com other than that it was featured on the front page maybe a decade ago. I looked them up and this is what their gbs looks like

Fairly normal. Nothing funny, for sure. Doesn't seem worth clicking on anything here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
somebody please scout out the "What are your thoughts on women your with Peeing?" thread

I need to know

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

This is not a safari idiot. I want animals and poo poo, driving in a land rover looking @ antelops

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

wait why is there a relationship advice forum in the bodybuilding forum? idgi

client
Aug 19, 2010

i dont know anything about other internet forums cause im not some kind of mongoloid but im still amazed that theres a thread on this site for complaining about commercials that has had regular posts for 6 years

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3417078

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

jeff smisek posted:

wait why is there a relationship advice forum in the bodybuilding forum? idgi

back in the day you joined a forum with a specific interest (like uh "The Jade Coccoon Fan Forum") and got to know the other people there, then you wanted to talk to them about other stuff, so they'd add forums for other topics that became popular. so the X-Men MUD BBS would also have a sports or medicine forum because that's just the way things played out

this that.

for some reason body building forums and clown forums are the two besides something awful that continue to survive in the age of social media

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
yeah

i knew a guy a few years ago who read bodybuilding.com but he didnt even work out he just went there for the roasting and funny pictures

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
http://www.poopreport.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=3011483b7367917ad570a90df83e58f8

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

jeff smisek posted:

This is not a safari idiot. I want animals and poo poo, driving in a land rover looking @ antelops

There is a whole cottage industry centered around selling candid cell phone quality photos of animals to people who couldn't line up a good picture with their phones in time. You go home and show the photos to people and either clarify or don't every time someone asks how you got lucky with the photo. This could be applied to visiting forums? I or someone else could throw down twenty bucks for a thumbdrive with ten jpegs of funny posts from other forums.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Can we do a forum invasion

It's been so long

:(

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

this is the famous thread they argue about there being 7 or 8 days in a week
https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107926751

quote:

In case you forgot, ONE WEEK is Sunday-Sat, NOT Sun-sun, that's 8 days moron.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Now do stormfront

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Cubone posted:

somebody please scout out the "What are your thoughts on women your with Peeing?" thread

I need to know

here you can see a prime specimen of the north american post irony meme. the subsequent post said merely "red" so i'm guessing the red bar is for making up stories or being an ironic/sincere elliot rodger type

Lawrence Gilchrist fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jun 16, 2017

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

I say if were going to do safaris, we go all in and do them the traditional way which leads to the extinction of their biome and most of the species within.

Let's start with Reddit...

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
when forums start to go explore other forums thats a sign that the forum is dying fyi.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

numberoneposter posted:

this is the famous thread they argue about there being 7 or 8 days in a week
https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107926751
this one is such a rollercoaster because justin-27 is obviously right but he just can't let it go and it gradually turns him into a monster

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
the facepunch forums are the forums for the studio that made Garry's Mod and Rust and it has been around forever but its basically a low rent knockoff of something awful. the average poster age is probably like 16

its just a forum. none of the posts i found are worth posting here they are just boring and not even weird.

ok well lets check out their resident FYAD+BYOB knockoff OIFY

okay maybe that last thread will be good. lets check it out folks

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

this owns

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

hmmm wish there was a forum around here where i could post gross pics and flamewars without getting probated

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
there isn't

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

croikey, now that's a beauuuty

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

Who wants to look at what other popular forums are doing? Are they very different? Are they doing something SA does, but better/worse? I didn't know and if you care to find out or know of a forum to visit you should mention it in here.

here's an example:

BODYBUILDING.COM

a hackneyed post on forum.bodybuilding.com

here's their forums
https://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19&s=9171e2e8b063ff8547f3c960a86ccd22

I don't know a drat thing about bodybuilding.com other than that it was featured on the front page maybe a decade ago. I looked them up and this is what their gbs looks like

Fairly normal. Nothing funny, for sure. Doesn't seem worth clicking on anything here.

all I know is that there's another Last Chance on bodybuilding.com and apparently hes a stud. a lady PM'd me on another forum (a music forum? cant remember where exactly) where I used this name and asked me "are you last chance from the bodybuilding.com forums? hi :)"

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eECjjLNAOd4

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
lol the smug look at the screen when he says to not say retard because it hurts people

uh, why else are you calling someone a retard?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

nigga crab pollock posted:

lol the smug look at the screen when he says to not say retard because it hurts people

uh, why else are you calling someone a retard?

it hurts other people, retard.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

prairie doggin is the off-topic superstar

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
This is what posts should look like from now on.

editing this post hence-forth with nuggets (or turds!!) from the poopforum

quote:

You may recall I wrote to you a while back regarding my pussy and her unwillingness to bury her feces in her litterbox. This has continued to be an intermittent problem, and I have learned to live with it, but now the problem has escalated.

Well this morning it happened AGAIN: I awoke to another steaming pile of cat poo poo on the bathroom mat!!! WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH MY PUSSY??! Did she learn from the blanket incident that it's ok to use any loose fabric as a toilet? If so, how do I discourage her from repeating this behavior? HELP ME, POONURSE!!!

unpleasantly turgid fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 16, 2017

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

here you can see a prime specimen of the north american post irony meme. the subsequent post said merely "red" so i'm guessing the red bar is for making up stories or being an ironic/sincere elliot rodger type

I like how dude throws in a pointlessly awkward anal sex reference at the end for literally no reason. Good stuff.

drans
Sep 1, 2016
Ramrod XTreme

canpakes posted:

when forums start to go explore other forums thats a sign that the forum is dying fyi.

You're over a decade late. What did you think the weekend web was?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

:piaa:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

im going to reg at bodybuilding dot com and just post the same threads i do here but there word for word

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

how much do they charge to register and get an avatar and access the search and private message functions?????

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I was gonna find some screencaps of the somalinet forums but they hid the dating section

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Last time i looked at it it was all men with looking specifically for an attractive woman who has been married before but her husband has died. They need to confirm that they have a dead husband or its a deal breaker.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://www.forums.satanicritualmurders.com

quote:

Hi guys, I just got a new puppy, a border collie mix and wondered what the best name for him would be. I like the following names:
Frumpy
Freddy
Fido
What do you think?

• Locked thread