Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Who wants to look at what other popular forums are doing? Are they very different? Are they doing something SA does, but better/worse? I didn't know and if you care to find out or know of a forum to visit you should mention it in here.

here's an example:

BODYBUILDING.COM

a hackneyed post on forum.bodybuilding.com

here's their forums
https://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19&s=9171e2e8b063ff8547f3c960a86ccd22

I don't know a drat thing about bodybuilding.com other than that it was featured on the front page maybe a decade ago. I looked them up and this is what their gbs looks like

Fairly normal. Nothing funny, for sure. Doesn't seem worth clicking on anything here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

jeff smisek posted:

This is not a safari idiot. I want animals and poo poo, driving in a land rover looking @ antelops

There is a whole cottage industry centered around selling candid cell phone quality photos of animals to people who couldn't line up a good picture with their phones in time. You go home and show the photos to people and either clarify or don't every time someone asks how you got lucky with the photo. This could be applied to visiting forums? I or someone else could throw down twenty bucks for a thumbdrive with ten jpegs of funny posts from other forums.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Cubone posted:

somebody please scout out the "What are your thoughts on women your with Peeing?" thread

I need to know

here you can see a prime specimen of the north american post irony meme. the subsequent post said merely "red" so i'm guessing the red bar is for making up stories or being an ironic/sincere elliot rodger type

Lawrence Gilchrist fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jun 16, 2017

• Locked thread