Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

jalapeno_dude posted:

So do you people actually find Yoko Taro games fun or is it just some weird death cult thing?

Yes? I don't know why you even have to ask. Even in the older ones where the gameplay is a bit tedious they're still very unique and memorable. I've played them all and had a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Yoko Taro doesn't make fun games, he makes games with weird and evocative stories that occasionally also happen to be fun as a result of someone else's work. So he's perfect for making some FFXIV raids, since they've already got people that know how to make rad boss fights for him.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Literally every world under the Primal data center is full. I can't create a character on any of them!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

CuddlyZombie posted:

PBC photo session was fun and it's a fun FC, have fun with us in Shadowbringers!

I'm the ginger lalafell photobombing you

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

The Berzerker posted:

Literally every world under the Primal data center is full. I can't create a character on any of them!

Try late at night or in the early AM. Yes I know this sucks, sorry.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

jalapeno_dude posted:

So do you people actually find Yoko Taro games fun or is it just some weird death cult thing?

I found both Nier and Nier Automata to be fun. They had their faults, but in general I had fun with both (though route B really tried my patience in automata). Drakengard 1 and 3 are the 2nd and 3rd worst games I've ever played though, behind ff14 1.0.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yikes, really? Glad to see my first experience with an MMO in over a decade is to sit around hitting refresh every three minutes until something maybe happens. :v:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Berzerker posted:

Friday is going to be such a clusterfuck :allears:

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

The Berzerker posted:

Yikes, really? Glad to see my first experience with an MMO in over a decade is to sit around hitting refresh every three minutes until something maybe happens. :v:

The game is currently seeing the highest amount of players in its lifetime due to the expansion release on Friday, so it's kinda congested RN.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

The Berzerker posted:

The servers have been pretty congested lately, due to the surge before the expansion. It also feels like they're pushing people to the new datacentre so the caps are artificially low on the big 2.

A friend of mine managed to make a character a few days back, so if you try off peak hours you should have something open up.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

On the one hand I'd like to play with goons, on the other hand sitting here clicking refresh every three minutes is making me feel like an idiot for buying this at all. The idea that I should stay up until the middle of the night to finish character creation is pretty funny though.

What are the peak hours?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

The Berzerker posted:

On the one hand I'd like to play with goons, on the other hand sitting here clicking refresh every three minutes is making me feel like an idiot for buying this at all. The idea that I should stay up until the middle of the night to finish character creation is pretty funny though.

What are the peak hours?

There are goons on the Crystal data center as well, just not nearly as many.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

The Berzerker posted:

There's no point doing this, the server availability refreshes at set times. I believe the server status refreshes every 6 hours and I think those times are 8 pm, 2 am, 8 am, and 2 pm. May be wrong on this, but I'm not having any luck digging up the actual times.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Eimi posted:

Hmm...should I bother doing my custom deliveries this week for exp or yellow scrip? I have the yellow scrip tools for all my 70 crafters, but not my soon to be 70 ltw. But on the other hand just getting more of a push for a class would be nice.

I'd say save them for exp, personally.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Failboattootoot posted:

There's no point doing this, the server availability refreshes at set times. I believe the server status refreshes every 6 hours and I think those times are 8 pm, 2 am, 8 am, and 2 pm. May be wrong on this, but I'm not having any luck digging up the actual times.

unless this has changed in the past few months this isn't the case. SE posts server availability on a set schedule, but that's just what it happens to be at that moment, not the entire time window.

The Berzerker posted:

What are the peak hours?

you can save your character and try every few minutes tomorrow morning during whatever your routine is. it's what I did. granted, that's not much better, and when I did it, it wasn't two days before expansion release. but you know.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Verranicus posted:

There are goons on the Crystal data center as well, just not nearly as many.

Yeah I am just going to do this and go over there I guess. With the expansion coming out on Friday, I can't imagine I am going to sit at my computer all day every day for the rest of the week hoping something opens up.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I probably wouldn’t be trying that hard to make a new character right this instant given that the game is going to be down for all of Thursday and the servers are almost certainly going to be hosed on Friday and probably a few days after that. Especially if it’s a brand new character starting at level one. I thought they changed which worlds were congested/preferred with new patches, so maybe there’s a chance Excal won’t be congested after 5.0.

I’m glad the game’s getting so many new players, although I’m sure it’s annoying having to deal with all these restrictions when you’re just trying to get started.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The Berzerker posted:

Yeah I am just going to do this and go over there I guess. With the expansion coming out on Friday, I can't imagine I am going to sit at my computer all day every day for the rest of the week hoping something opens up.

If you're east coast US it might be worth joining the eurogoons in Omega. I hear the ping is pretty similar to the NA servers which are west coast.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

If I want to play the HW jobs this weekend and I'm level 46 now, should I just buy the ARR skip once I hit 50? I'm sure some of the 100 quests in the Astral Era are cool and all, but DRK and MCH seem cooler.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

If I want to play the HW jobs this weekend and I'm level 46 now, should I just buy the ARR skip once I hit 50? I'm sure some of the 100 quests in the Astral Era are cool and all, but DRK and MCH seem cooler.

I mean if you want to play one of them, it'd be smarter to just buy the level skip potion for one of them it seems and then do the other once you've gotten further in the story.

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.

Flavahbeast posted:

the final final end boss of Drakengard 1 and Drakengard 3 is an extremely difficult rhythm game

Here's a youtube of Drakengard 3's final boss (nsfw kinda): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49gLC9yiGOg if you miss any of the pulses, including the ones that play after the screen darkens and the final cutscene starts, you die and have to start the rhythm game over

I have absolutely no idea what I just watched here, but that seemed pretty hard.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Failboattootoot posted:

Even that is no longer true. The new server status page they put up (found here) updates in relatively close-to realtime now.

It's just that they lowered the "we're full!" cutoffs to try and shape traffic towards the less-populated Crystal.

It sucks, but keep trying, the goon support network WANTS TO HELP.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
The Nier raids are definitely 100% guaranteed to be pure bullet hell where touching any of the bullets results in instant death

However, only one person will need to survive so everyone else can eat dirt while one player survives the dance of death :yokotaro:

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Hi hello just cleared UWU at like the last possible opportunity before ShB hit and bragging about it everywhere I can think of okay thanks bye

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Ibblebibble posted:

If you're east coast US it might be worth joining the eurogoons in Omega. I hear the ping is pretty similar to the NA servers which are west coast.

I can confirm that if you are near the NE you'll probably not notice much difference between the European data centers and the US

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

The Berzerker posted:

If you happen to be watching, Famfrit is open right now.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

jalapeno_dude posted:

Bit of both really

I legitimately think Nier Automata is the best Square Enix game of the last like, 15 years though (Maybe more I haven't been keeping track)

Is the Nier stuff gonna be an event that goes away or part of the game going forward?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Bit of both really

I legitimately think Nier Automata is the best Square Enix game of the last like, 15 years though (Maybe more I haven't been keeping track)

Is the Nier stuff gonna be an event that goes away or part of the game going forward?

The Nier stuff is the new 24-man raid series, so it won't be going away.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

It's going to permanently be the 24-man series for Shadowbringers, like Crystal Tower for ARR, Void Ark for HW, and Return to Ivalice for SB.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I’ve never played automata so I don’t have much hype for it. I just hope it’s better integrated than the Ivalice raids. Usually when 14 takes something from a previous FF game it manages to integrate it into the game and it’s lore pretty dang good, but for some reason the Ivalice/FFT stuff felt really clunky in how it was done.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I loving hate Nier Automata.

There. I said it. Route B's combat singlehandedly ruins the game for me, though it got better once I begrudgingly started using a controller and tapped into all those accumulated hours of Geometry Wars.

But I eventually pushed through and am almost done beating the drat thing not because I'm having fun, but because I'm engaged in the story on its own merits before seeing how they link it to FFXIV.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I really liked Automata. The combat outside of B route mechanics was good but man did I have to just sit down and think after some points.

Thank you for the flowers.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I loving hate Nier Automata.

There. I said it. Route B's combat singlehandedly ruins the game for me, though it got better once I begrudgingly started using a controller and tapped into all those accumulated hours of Geometry Wars.

But I eventually pushed through and am almost done beating the drat thing not because I'm having fun, but because I'm engaged in the story on its own merits before seeing how they link it to FFXIV.

I mean, that’s really how you should play every Yoko Taro game. Not having fun but doing it anyway. Automata having good gameplay was kind of a fluke and not in line with pretty much any of the other games he’s done.

They’re also all worth playing just on the strength of the unique experience alone.

Yoko Taro doing the 24 man and the DRK quest writer leading the writing on SHB has me more hype than any game mechanic could ever get me. It’s going to be a wild ride.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
obligatory
https://twitter.com/thejadedguy/status/844352570470645760

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

FZeroRacer posted:

The Nier raids are definitely 100% guaranteed to be pure bullet hell where touching any of the bullets results in instant death

However, only one person will need to survive so everyone else can eat dirt while one player survives the dance of death :yokotaro:

If the raid wipes, a random player is asked to delete their entire SE account and blacklist their email in order to weaken the bullets. :kheldragar:

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I mean, that’s really how you should play every Yoko Taro game. Not having fun but doing it anyway. Automata having good gameplay was kind of a fluke and not in line with pretty much any of the other games he’s done.

They’re also all worth playing just on the strength of the unique experience alone.

Yoko Taro doing the 24 man and the DRK quest writer leading the writing on SHB has me more hype than any game mechanic could ever get me. It’s going to be a wild ride.

Automata having good gameplay is also because Platinum made it, compared to Cavia for D1/2 and Nier or Access Games for D3.

When you have the guys behind Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising making an action game, you get a very good action game.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Preliminary patch notes site: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/d65aa2c282957d3d0fde9e8979c62bcebe5aa9f5

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"Wake me up on Friday."

Yes I sleep in my belt boots. :colbert:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Can you sit on a name change like you can sit on a Fantasia?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

drat, can't wait to get home so I can unlock Gunbreaker.
Too bad I don't get home until mid-july :negative:

Is there any sort of Discord or anything for the Brynhildr server? I've tried looking, at the very least there used to be one, but, the most recent information I've been able to find about any sort of forum community is over a year old.