Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

staplegun posted:

Really? They turned FA into a pure knockback spell? Well, throw another button into the WHM graveyard, I guess.

That's good. No one should of been using a knockback in their damage rotation and now they can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
The real sin of Stormblood is that it's gonna be really hard to make fitting RDM glamours because 90% of caster gear is black robes.

(give us cross class glamours already, yoshi :arghfist:)

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Foxcon is trying to read the patch notes but BRRRRRT

https://www.twitch.tv/finalfantasyxiv

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Magil Zeal posted:

Why is PvP Tri-Bind so much better than PvE Tri-Bind? If they're going to keep Tri-Bind they should really just go with the PvP version that has the same potency as Ruin.

You can get the new classes without an expansion but otherwise you have to pay real money for jump potions to skip right to Stormblood.

Also Summoners get Demi-Bahamut.

holy poo poo.

Also I looked at the changes and rip Bane. I....guess SMN isn't a trash class with the new stuff though?

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Saigyouji posted:

The real sin of Stormblood is that it's gonna be really hard to make fitting RDM glamours because 90% of caster gear is black robes.

Be Maelstrom.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

CuddlyZombie posted:

The PvP actions for black mage look fukkin sick. Foul turning into Flare or Freeze is both really cool flavor-wise, and alliterative.

I really wish that was how Flare, Freeze, and a hypothetical Burst actually worked.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
I am Maelstrom, I just like having more choice in my glamours than 5 coats. :(

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

A big flaming stink posted:

holy poo poo.

Also I looked at the changes and rip Bane. I....guess SMN isn't a trash class with the new stuff though?

I don't know what to think of summoner now, a lot of potency was lost in the dot/Ruin3 changes but the new stuff is mostly nice and Bahamut does a ton of damage when he's out (for 20s every 2 minutes, roughly). I think BLM is once again go-to AoE caster now though.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Tekne posted:

Foxcon is trying to read the patch notes but BRRRRRT

https://www.twitch.tv/finalfantasyxiv

wonder if that BRRRRT is part of the OST

also, hi Yoshi-P

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Gumball Gumption posted:

That's good. No one should of been using a knockback in their damage rotation and now they can't.

:v:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So thanks to the OP for convincing me that i need to go buy Stormblood tommorow even though i'm nowhere near done with Heavensward yet, didn't realize you just to be level 50 and own Stormblood to get the classes as opposed to Heavensward where you needed to actually get to Ishgard before you could even look at them.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Brainamp posted:

a raid buff that pales compared to the other melee classes

Everything sounds bad if you just arbitrarily declare that it's worse without having any idea what the gently caress you're talking about.

Brotherhood isn't as good as Trick Attack, but it's at most a little bit worse than Battle Litany, depending on how much other jobs will value crit, and how much base crit damage dropped by. Either way, it's sure as poo poo better than absolute gently caress all, which is what Samurai has.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Trip report from Stormblood: Roegadyn women still ugliest race/sex combo

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Verranicus posted:

:staredog:

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

And Verranicus is still the worst poster, what else is new

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Verranicus posted:

Well, yeah.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Wait, no. The dragon people still exist and the dwarves too

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Magil Zeal posted:

I don't know what to think of summoner now, a lot of potency was lost in the dot/Ruin3 changes but the new stuff is mostly nice and Bahamut does a ton of damage when he's out (for 20s every 2 minutes, roughly). I think BLM is once again go-to AoE caster now though.

Yeah, it seems like SMN is shitloads of dmg every 2 minutes and kinda filler for the rest of it.

God smn is gonna be boring as poo poo on 1-59 DF isn't it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Verranicus posted:

strong bird
May 12, 2009

I didnt play summoner that much but wasn't that always their gimmick since they added dreadworm. You just hit ruin over and over until you have aetherflow and then do the combo and then hit ruin until you can use the beamu

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
so if you're playing whm, do you thin air stone 4s instead of holies during bosses?

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I am... unreasonably upset about the changes to Warrior.

GIVE ME BACK MY LEECH TANKING.

(Still gonna play it as my Tank class.)

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Actual sound effect from Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Heavensward: Stormblood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D1KmDkXhfY

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

If MCH didn't seem so dependent still on getting good Wildfires (and now more of them per encounter!!) I'd probably be staring at them too, but alas
Yeah. I really really want to play MCH this expansion, especially now that there's no cast times, but it somehow wound up more complex after the big skill simplification revamp. And it was already one of the most obnoxious DPS classes to play. :smith:

Honestly it's really kind of baffling overall, since the heat mechanic isn't a bad idea but it seems like the sort of thing they'd use to replace wildfire. Not... have both at the same time. Ah well.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

so if you're playing whm, do you thin air stone 4s instead of holies during bosses?

Stone 4 is more potency and faster to cast than Holy, so yeah.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

OWLS! posted:

I am... unreasonably upset about the changes to Warrior.

GIVE ME BACK MY LEECH TANKING.

Oh wait I'm dumb, it's still there. Just no more bloodbath.

Bloodbath, no!

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
I cannot for the life of me tell if the Blizzard 4 and Improved Umbral Heart tooltips are in accidental contradiction or if BLMs get to cast one free Flare per astral cycle as of level 68.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

I'm sad about Virus, even though I wasn't planning on playing SCH. Virus was always the most scholarly of spells to me

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Poor Yoshi-P looks like he's about to collapse in his chair :v:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm going to miss popping Stoneskin on my PLD in phase changes, but I've got an actual skill to guard the party with and I've got an actual attack to spend MP on.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

strong bird posted:

I didnt play summoner that much but wasn't that always their gimmick since they added dreadworm. You just hit ruin over and over until you have aetherflow and then do the combo and then hit ruin until you can use the beamu

Well SMN used to have 1 more real dot (Bio II AND Bio) and Shadowflare was changed so it's only up about 25% of the time rather than 100% of the time which is like losing 75% of a dot, so there's going to be even more Ruinspam than before (also Shadowflare is an oGCD now?). And expending MP on out-of-DWT Ruin 3s isn't as good as it was now since the potency was reduced by 50.

Also you can't benefit from DWT's 10% damage buff with Painflare/Fester anymore if I'm understanding things correctly. At least Ruin and Ruin 2 got a potency increase.

Magil Zeal fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jun 16, 2017

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Verranicus posted:

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

super sweet best pal posted:

I'm going to miss popping Stoneskin on my PLD in phase changes, but I've got an actual skill to guard the party with and I've got an actual attack to spend MP on.

I'm going to miss running by sprouts and casting Stoneskin on them too. I'm looking forward to Holy Fel Cleaves though.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

brainwrinkle posted:

I started playing 3 weeks ago and just got my Scholar to 49. Kinda disappointed with these changes.

I also want to pick up Dark Knight as my secondary, and that's bad now too :(?

Same but 0-60. Fuuck that's annoying I just started up again like you said 3 weeks ago.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i might just main dragoon this expansion. rip warrior :(

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

vOv posted:

IIRC they've said there are quests every 2 levels, but only the 60/70 ones give you abilities.

That'd be a-okay

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I don't know what you guys are saying with all this rip warrior stuff, Warrior still owns

Wrath stacks to 10 instead of 5 like before, and yeah we're losing bloodbath but that just means it's a bit tougher to tank an entire dungeon full of adds, we'll adjust

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Wonder what zero hour is gonna be like in terms of connections. ARR was a shitshow but I recall Heavensward launch was really smooth.

At this rate I'm probably gonna be awake at 2am for launch so I guess I'll see :shrug:

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

rip my class. other class got buffed but my class got nothing. loving SE doesn't know how to balance their own game. my class players are hosed yet again. Great JOb!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Klewer posted:

rip my class. other class got buffed but my class got nothing. loving SE doesn't know how to balance their own game. my class players are hosed yet again. Great JOb!!!

savage