Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Good bye my current clothes. Hello new future clothes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Choyi posted:

Even single target of SCH was nerfed, remember that they lost a whole 40 potency dot and only gained 20 potency on ruin/broil to compensate. There is never a reason to bring a SCH over WHM or AST for anything now, its the 3.x PLD of the healers.

Chain Strategem is stupid good.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Choyi posted:

Even single target of SCH was nerfed, remember that they lost a whole 40 potency dot and only gained 20 potency on ruin/broil to compensate. There is never a reason to bring a SCH over WHM or AST for anything now, its the 3.x PLD of the healers.

There's honestly no reason to play anything other than an Ast on pure effectiveness. They heal more than white mages, shield more than scholars, use less mana while doing it, and have balance and bole.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
Stone 4: 250 potency. Broil 2: 230 potency. Malefic 3: 220 potency, and malefic 2 ate a 20 potency loss. AST worst healer confirmed.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Choyi posted:

Counterpoint: so did WHM and AST. WHM actually wins in this case because they lose a 30 potency dot instead of SCH/AST's 40 potency one.

It's really Bane being hit that badly that's hurt them so much.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
I know this is an unpopular opinion but before we say anything is unmitigated poo poo, why not wait until the servers are up to, you know, actually see how the changes play? This is coming from a SMN/SCH main too.

We have a whole ten more levels too, it's possible if that things are poo poo they'll be adjusted before the small differences between tanks and healers are relevant in savage or whatever. FFXIV has never been a game where minor imbalances make jobs completely unusable for anything.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't remember having issues with ARR Early Access but one of the closed beta's 3102... wew lad

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

LegionAreI posted:

I know this is an unpopular opinion but before we say anything is unmitigated poo poo, why not wait until the servers are up to, you know, actually see how the changes play? This is coming from a SMN/SCH main too.

We have a whole ten more levels too, it's possible if that things are poo poo they'll be adjusted before the small differences between tanks and healers are relevant in savage or whatever. FFXIV has never been a game where minor imbalances make jobs completely unusable for anything.

I mean, in general I agree with "wait and see" but your second point is also a strawman. No one is saying the changes make SCH or SMN unusable, and obviously how they do in ~challenging content~ is different, but you will still spend a lot of time in 4-man dungeons and being synced without your level 70 toolkit is still a thing, so one can still draw some conclusions from numbers without having played.

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

Verranicus posted:

Trip report from Stormblood: Verranicus still ugliest race/sex combo

Don't even care that this was a couple pages ago, FTFY.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

There's a new dungeon trailer, might have some dungeon spoilers though. I haven't watched it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na-cExYo5_g

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I am required by law to post this image in every MMO release thread:

http://i.imgur.com/xLMAXhm.gifv

Choyi posted:

Except that SCH is trash now.

Which would be a reason to complain? What do you mean 'except'. That's the point.
So then it was SCH. :v:

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Sacro posted:

Stone 4: 250 potency. Broil 2: 230 potency. Malefic 3: 220 potency, and malefic 2 ate a 20 potency loss. AST worst healer confirmed.

Combust got buffed, although I cbf comparing it to other Healer Dots. I'm pretty excited for Minor Arcana personally.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

omg my download speed is like 300kb/s lmao

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

I am required by law to post this image in every MMO release thread:

http://i.imgur.com/xLMAXhm.gifv

You're doing god's work.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Bane change is probably the worst for SCH (or maybe Aetherflow MP being cut in half), but I think I'm most offended by the Bio change. Just a dick move, Squenix.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Hommando posted:

This does not describe SB WHM at all. Lost stoneskin, fluid aura does no damage, lilies are mostly useless, lost divine seal, lost protect, lost shroud, cleric stance is useless, lost esuna, cure II doesn't proc a cheaper cure III.

At least we kept repose :shrug:

I don't understand why you're saying you 'lost' Esuna and Protect when they're just role actions now?? Divine Seal got renamed to Largesse and got somewhat nerfed, Shroud got renamed to Lucid Dreaming and got a small buff (3 extra seconds of duration), and Fluid Aura on CD was a whopping 5 potency per second that you could only use on bosses.

I agree Lilies are dumb but your complaints don't make any sense.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Last post in the old thread! *flex*

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Anybody got any idea what the zone order is gonna be like?

I pretty much wanna check out Doma asap. All the Doma zones look beautiful, while the Ala Mhigo ones seem okay, but more like stuff we've seen already in 2.0. I'm sure there'll be some cool surprises, but I really wanna check out Kugane, Ruby Sea, Yanxia and Azim Steppe.

I'm worried we're gonna do all the Ala Mhigo stuff first and I won't see that stuff till 65. But then again, I think the first dungeon they showed off was in Ruby Sea? So by that logic we'd be going to Doma first off, and then Ala Mhigo later. Or maybe they'll send us back and forth and mix it up?

Also wonder how far into the game we unlock swimming, and whether we can use mounts underwater straight off or I assume we'll have to do flying attunement first or even swimming attunement...

Azim Steppe really looks awesome, some really cool Mongolia / Tibet / China vibes going on there, contrasting the Japanese style of Kugane. Terraced farming! :allears:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I bet the sequence is some Ala Mhigo stuff, then go to Doma, then back to Ala Mhigo.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
It's alost certainly get butt kicked in ala mhigo" > go to Doma to train and get allies > go gently caress up story guy in ala mhigo > ??? > afk on Rowena's temple in Doma

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Zaphod42 posted:

Anybody got any idea what the zone order is gonna be like?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

:lol:

:golfclap:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

It took me a second, but I laughed in the end.

Thumbtacks posted:

It's alost certainly get butt kicked in ala mhigo" > go to Doma to train and get allies > go gently caress up story guy in ala mhigo > ??? > afk on Rowena's temple in Doma

From all the stuff we've seen, it looks like it'll be something like this. Don't expect to get to Othard immediately.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I sincerely doubt we'll see all of Ala Mhigo in 4.0 and I doubt we'll kill the big bad guy (although given 3.0 I suppose that's a possibility)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

I sincerely doubt we'll see all of Ala Mhigo in 4.0 and I doubt we'll kill the big bad guy (although given 3.0 I suppose that's a possibility)

That's the point of Varis zos Galvus isn't it? So you can have a bigger bad, and kill the big bad (Zenos yae Galvus) this expansion and then tease the bigger bad for next.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
also i don't know whose character this is and i dont think they're a goon but we should put them in the yearbook anyway

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

"Certain large-scale FATEs will no longer require level sync to participate."

Someday, many expansions in the future, we'll be able to GSM solo Gorgimera like Godbert did.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Does anyone know when server transfers go online once severs open? Wanna get my butt to Omega when I can.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Ibblebibble posted:

Does anyone know when server transfers go online once severs open? Wanna get my butt to Omega when I can.
the World Transfer Service is scheduled to be available again on Jun. 16, 2017 at around 12:00 (GMT) / Jun 16, 2017 at around 13:00 (BST).

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Ibblebibble posted:

quote:

World Transfer Service is scheduled to be available again on Jun. 16, 2017 at around 5:00 a.m. (PDT)

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

vOv posted:

I agree Lilies are dumb but your complaints don't make any sense.

Stealing WHM skills, renaming them, then giving them to other classes is losing. We're going to have to use up role actions to get back skills we already had.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Hommando posted:

Stealing WHM skills, renaming them, then giving them to other classes is losing. We're going to have to use up role actions to get back skills we already had.

Welcome to the Republican party.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

PDT is super helpful for euro players, yeah...

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Truga posted:

PDT is super helpful for euro players, yeah...

1:23 am
Friday, 16 June 2017
Pacific Time (PT)

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
it's ok, someone posted god's own timezone, gmt

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVQS_yYAlh0

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

Chain Strategem is stupid good.

It's the best of their new spells which isn't saying much of anything at all when one of them is a lustrate that automatically activates that only lasts 30 seconds from cast

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
I wish they'd retooled Dissipation, cause Largesse existing means it's even more niche than it was in HW.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Ah, that fresh new thread smell.

So I notice in the OP that the EU FC is listed under 'Chaos'. Does that mean that the world it's on hasn't been finalised yet? I assume it's going to be Omega right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It is going to be Omega yes