Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Now I remember, that motif at the end is a slowed down Torn from the Heavens. Or at least, that's the song I remember it from most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Wow everything in this patch looks loving awesome.

The patch of fire! Fire weapons from birdlady and it looks like the glow effect you get in the next eureka is flames.

Gally fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 6, 2018

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

I am fully hype to get ground into fukken paste by that trial

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
This is starting to look like everything I wanted out of Stormblood, all at once.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
So its like all your namedays have come at once? :v:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

I have this really great feeling that 4.4 and 4.5 are going to fill in that missing dash of Epic that this expansion felt like it was missing and that HW nailed so well.

i look forward to being sorely disappointed :downs:

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
I think one of the most fun parts about leveling is fantasizing about all the cool poo poo I'll get to do as I get further and further through the game. I know when I get there it'll probably just be a moderately cool dungeon and boss fight but right now the idea of playing through a dungeon called The Binding Coil of Bahamut or fighting the the loving Knights of the Round fills me with so much childlike excitement and glee

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Charlie Bobson posted:

I think one of the most fun parts about leveling is fantasizing about all the cool poo poo I'll get to do as I get further and further through the game. I know when I get there it'll probably just be a moderately cool dungeon and boss fight but right now the idea of playing through a dungeon called The Binding Coil of Bahamut or fighting the the loving Knights of the Round fills me with so much childlike excitement and glee

And the music in those situations blow every other MMO away.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Charlie Bobson posted:

Nah, the level 50+ content actually is really cool, please look forward to it.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Everyone needs to get to 50 ASAP to experience the glory of Hildebrand.

Also I will spend literally all my cash to get the Suzaku orchestrion roll week 1.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Charlie Bobson posted:

Fighting the loving Knights of the Round is actually really fantastic and one of my favorite fights in the game. Each version of the fight captures a totally different feeling and both are great.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

BrightWing posted:

Now I remember, that motif at the end is a slowed down Torn from the Heavens. Or at least, that's the song I remember it from most.

That's the Realm Reborn motif, and it showed up a good dozen times in the original 2.0 tracks and it's been put into tracks for "climactic" moments in the story as well, such as the themes for Praetorium and Baelsar's Wall.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Rainuwastaken posted:

Fighting the loving Knights of the Round is actually really fantastic and one of my favorite fights in the game. Each version of the fight captures a totally different feeling and both are great.

I did this fight yesterday in Trial Roulette and we got him down to 1% before the phase change.
The feeling of normal mode Thordan is disappointment.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

oh no blimp issue posted:

I did this fight yesterday in Trial Roulette and we got him down to 1% before the phase change.

The normal fight is a total curbstomp, but that's kind of what I love about it. You're up against this guy who thinks himself a god and you just completely no-sell everything he throws at you, to the point where he's eventually wheezing from exhaustion and utterly terrified of you. It's fun and I felt like such a badass when I first did it. Then you go into the Extreme fight and you're fighting tooth and nail just to not die to his minions, and it's a wonderful uphill battle until the second half starts with a bang.

Poor item level syncs on older content ruin a lot of instances. I feel really bad for Syrcus Tower because those bosses had neat mechanics and were pretty fun, but you just bulldoze over them to the point that you don't even see half the fights.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I have literally never seen Glass Labia's gimmick, even when it was new.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Unfortunately the only way to properly replicate the right difficulty for older trials would be to severely limit the max ilvl when you run them through DF, and that would probably discourage a lot of people from running the roulettes (and make queue times super long).

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

Be thankful, because it was the most pain in the rear end poo poo to do if your tank was asleep.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Saint Freak posted:

You ever notice those platforms outside the arena? He'd unleash his big attack and you'd have to kill an add on each one, hopping around the ring till they're all dead and you get to jump back on the main part.

Its dumb and i'm glad we get to skip it now days.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
i have a few buddies that are working though the HW/SB content and when we do dungeons i turn on the min ilvl setting without telling them :getin:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
for an additional challenge, have the tank only use defensive moves and the healer only use healing moves

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Gally posted:

Wow everything in this patch looks loving awesome.

I think this actually looks like a really lame patch. There's nothing particularly new or interesting being shown here. Just another raid tier and tomestone to grind. The most interesting thing about what we know of the patch so far is the gold saucer jumping puzzle.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Uh the most interesting this is they're letting people build sex doll brothels.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Saint Freak posted:

Uh the most interesting this is they're letting people build sex doll brothels.

Wait, they're adding Toronto to the game?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

BrightWing posted:

You ever notice those platforms outside the arena? He'd unleash his big attack and you'd have to kill an add on each one, hopping around the ring till they're all dead and you get to jump back on the main part.

Its dumb and i'm glad we get to skip it now days.

I haven’t done it in ages but didn’t it have a thing where if you killed the adds too fast you could jump back on the platform too soon and die? Maybe it wasn’t that but I feel like there was definitely something very annoying about it.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Meiteron posted:

That's the Realm Reborn motif, and it showed up a good dozen times in the original 2.0 tracks and it's been put into tracks for "climactic" moments in the story as well, such as the themes for Praetorium and Baelsar's Wall.

It's basically "main theme of ff14"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Having the patch site have "you can tell people your FC house is a tavern" be an advertised feature is maybe the lowest low in FF14 history, including 1.0.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Failboattootoot posted:

I think this actually looks like a really lame patch. There's nothing particularly new or interesting being shown here. Just another raid tier and tomestone to grind. The most interesting thing about what we know of the patch so far is the gold saucer jumping puzzle.

I don't see the problem, do you expect them to completely change up the formula in the penultimate patch of the expansion?
What would you do different?

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Having the patch site have "you can tell people your FC house is a tavern" be an advertised feature is maybe the lowest low in FF14 history, including 1.0.

It's actually a clever ploy, since now they can more easily find the ERP brothels and ban them.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Ctrl + f “Lala only” shift + delete

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
does gladiator ever become as much fun as warrior or is it just going to be spamming 1-2-3-flash forever

at my current level warrior is basically just spamming overpower over and over again but the numbers get big and it feels good smashing big groups of mobs all at once

also bane rules, summoner rules, scholar rules. I have access to all 3 roles, my ability to queue is unmatched

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Sub 50 Gladiator/Paladin is a lot of 123 flash. It gets better, but not until you're in your 60s really. You don't even get your full dps combo until 60.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
PLD gets some love in HW (2 extra combos, both for single target damage, along with a nice heal) and a bit more in SB (ranged magic attack that combos well with a new buff). It's not as bonkers as OG Fell Cleave, but neither is WAR in SB.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Jobs in general get good around level 69-70

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Why does the Eureka potato have Zantetsuken?

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

I don't see the problem, do you expect them to completely change up the formula in the penultimate patch of the expansion?

3.4 added apartments, squadrons, POTD post-50, and wondrous tails

2.4 added an entire class

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

I don't have a problem with the new raid and the new tome specifically. In fact tomestone gearing is a big reason I play this game over others because gently caress RNG.

But since you asked what I would do different, the main thing would be firing komoto out of a cannon, apologizing for Eureka, and bringing back a more traditional relic structure.

Repurpose Eureka as it currently stands into a timeless isle sort of deal. Keep the NM's, add daily quests, adjust mob density. Maybe even use the leve system for something worthwhile. Trash lootboxes and just let people generate spendable currency. Treasure chests that are rare spawns and worth finding hidden in the far off areas. Stick a beast tribe hub in there.

Also a new frontlines map would be nice.

Mainly, I wish the content that I didn't already know we would get because we always get it looked even slightly interesting.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Adding new systems and classes to an MMO loses value and sustainability after a certain point. 2.x was largely a reaction to the unexpected success of the relaunch along with greater room for extra content and QoL improvements.

Also, given the mixed reaction to Eureka, I wouldn't be surprised if the dev team is keeping any radically new systems in incubation for longer. Similar with Raubahn EX - it's vital to nail the expansion launch experience, so they may be allocating more resources to Final Fantasy XIV: Regicide.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.

Ainsley McTree posted:

I haven’t done it in ages but didn’t it have a thing where if you killed the adds too fast you could jump back on the platform too soon and die? Maybe it wasn’t that but I feel like there was definitely something very annoying about it.
Didn't that fight have the part where the three adds spawned that you needed to drag to the right tethers, and a tank would miss getting aggro on one and it'd run to the other side of the room to hit a healer, or one would get dragged too close to the wrong tether and it'd get stuck, and then you'd wipe.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

isk posted:

Final Fantasy XIV: Regicide

unlike the previous expansions and base game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isk
Oct 3, 2007

The HW launch was pretty smooth iirc. No critical widespread issues come to mind, certainly not on the level of Raubahn EX or not enough dungeon instances in 2.0.