Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Xun posted:

When are they implementing the furniture from the design contest I want some of that poo poo now :supaburn:

I already have spots in mind for a few of them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

vOv posted:

Mighty Thunderbolt
Doman Steel Armet of Maiming
Proto Ultima Mesh
Replica Dreadwyrm Vambraces of Maiming
[basically whatever legs, they get hidden by the boots]
Augmented Slipstream Sabatons of Maiming

All gear is dyed Bone White, though I redyed the hat Soot Black because it has some natural yellow-ish ornamentation on it anyway.

DRG at 70 is really nice. I think I'm going to keep at it for a while.

Also, does anyone know a good trick to get the camera to a perfect right angle? I just click it around until it goes, but sometimes it goes back and forth between like 149 and 153.

Congratulations, that may very well be the best-looking glamour involving the Proto Ultima Mesh I've seen.

Also, you can adjust those sliders with arrow keys on kb+m.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
It’s so weird for Aymeric to be a staunch ally and a genuinely decent dude. Guy pushes every Final Fantasy ‘do not trust this man’ button there is.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Darth Walrus posted:

It’s so weird for Aymeric to be a staunch ally and a genuinely decent dude. Guy pushes every Final Fantasy ‘do not trust this man’ button there is.

He has relatively normal hair and no makeup so he's fine.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I thought Aymeric was entirely non-threatening as a whole. He looks like he couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding to boot.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I thought Aymeric was entirely non-threatening as a whole. He looks like he couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding to boot.

He’s an ultra-smooth pretty boy with a posh British accent, long, fancy hair, narrow, serpentine eyes, and a powerful position in a corrupt, fanatical nation-state. In Final Fantasy, that is usually really, really bad news.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Darth Walrus posted:

He even kinda looks like Cid Raines.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I can't judge Americ because The Evilest Pope To Ever Exist sort of overwhelms everyone else.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I admit the very first time I met Aymeric in like patch 2.4 I was suspicious that he might be a non-flamboyant villain like Vayne but Haurchefant sad he was cool so I trusted him to be cool and he was.

:unsmith:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I can't judge Americ because The Evilest Pope To Ever Exist sort of overwhelms everyone else.

But Mika isn't in this game.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Evil Pope doesn't automatically outweigh everything else if everything else is extremely bad. See: Xenosaga 2.

But yeah Aymeric turned out pretty well given his family situation.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I was also very prepared for Aymeric to pull a fast one on us for most of the HW patch cycle. It was a pleasant surprise that he turned out to be so, I don't know, innocuous.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Archyduke posted:

I was also very prepared for Aymeric to pull a fast one on us for most of the HW patch cycle. It was a pleasant surprise that he turned out to be so, I don't know, innocuous.

Thirsty. The word is thirsty.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Thirsty. The word is thirsty.

Eh, thirsty means a very specific thing.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

nuru posted:

Eh, thirsty means a very specific thing.

Yes. Yes, it does.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Male, female, or Potato he wants you to hold him close.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Darth Walrus posted:

He’s an ultra-smooth pretty boy with a posh British accent, long, fancy hair, narrow, serpentine eyes, and a powerful position in a corrupt, fanatical nation-state. In Final Fantasy, that is usually really, really bad news.

Or he's a General Leo and is completely on the level, bringing a modicum of honor and decency to said corrupt, fanatical nation-state only to get backstabbed by the head/other subordinate of the corrupt nation-state to firmly cement themselves as Villains What Need To Be Dealt With.

Turns out the Pope wanted to be a bit more direct with the backstabbing (by doing it to the WoL.)

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

It's refreshing that we were allowed to keep General Leo around this time.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

nuru posted:

It's refreshing that we were allowed to keep General Leo around this time.

Pretty sure Regula is very, very dead.

Also, the endgame of FFXIV is totally going to be cosmic couples’ therapy, isn’t it?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Darth Walrus posted:

Pretty sure Regula is very, very dead.

Aymeric also showed up before Regula was introduced. Also being different organizations they get to have their own resident General Leos.

One of them was just more faithful to the mold than the other :v:

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Nov 30, 2017

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I kept waiting for Aymeric to bite it and I was happy when he didn't. I bought into that patch when he got ganked for a hot second there.

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006

I think this is nice and a very creative use of the resources they give you. Meganerdy for sure but if you're gonna be a meganerd it's at least well done using the tools they have. They even used directional lights for dramatic effect!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Hey, we're doing maps in like 45 minutes on Excal.

:toot:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

I bought into that patch when he got ganked for a hot second there.

I was really mad when that happened. :argh:

Lori
Oct 6, 2011

This is absolutely amazing, thank you for sharing!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Man, I’m looking at the guides for the Warring Triad’s Extreme versions, and they look completely nuts. So many lethal mechanics to go through.

Bismarck and Ravana Extreme were piss-easy, too, so the spike in complexity is genuinely intimidating.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Darth Walrus posted:

Man, I’m looking at the guides for the Warring Triad’s Extreme versions, and they look completely nuts. So many lethal mechanics to go through.

Bismarck and Ravana Extreme were piss-easy, too, so the spike in complexity is genuinely intimidating.

Leg Day Extreme is mostly learning the pattern. Sophia I would recommend grabbing a buddy in voip if possible to call tilts, And Zurvan is about skipping soar and dropping party if you don't.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Kobata
Oct 11, 2012

BrightWing posted:

Leg Day Extreme is mostly learning the pattern. Sophia I would recommend grabbing a buddy in voip if possible to call tilts, And Zurvan is about skipping soar and dropping party if you don't.

If you're going into them unsynced the only real mechanic left in Sephirot is the color phase. That said, you do need 7 people minimum, even unsynced, because he always does 4 tethers, and they still do enough damage when not done correctly to oneshot anyone.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kobata posted:

If you're going into them unsynced the only real mechanic left in Sephirot is the color phase. That said, you do need 7 people minimum, even unsynced, because he always does 4 tethers, and they still do enough damage when not done correctly to oneshot anyone.

Tanks can usually eat it and invulns worked on it back in the day. You could hallowed/living dead/holmgang through a tether without issue.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Mr. Nice! posted:

Tanks can usually eat it and invulns worked on it back in the day. You could hallowed/living dead/holmgang through a tether without issue.

An orange debuff'd Da'at might be tankable if you blow all of your CD's on it (and wars are kind of out of luck in that department with Inner Beast having so short a duration.) It does 90k-110k damage. A missed tower does the full spectrum 300k to the green debuff'd people so it's more worth blowing an invuln on (to eat the tower pound and avoid that.)

Most farm groups I've run with have done it single tank and they're at their most successful when doing the color phase pretty much flawlessly or having one MAYBE two oranges die due to mess ups.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 1, 2017

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I tried attending this a year ago when they did it but they didn't have enough seats :(

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Slime hat is good. Also WoL confirmed thirsty as gently caress.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 1, 2017

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Phone posted:

Hey, we're doing maps in like 45 minutes on Excal.

:toot:

9 gazelleskins produced 6 portals and 3 thieves; 500k in cash, 253 creation tokens, plus loot.

:toot: :toot:

e: forgot that the first map was a floor 7

Phone fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Dec 1, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

EponymousMrYar posted:

An orange debuff'd Da'at might be tankable if you blow all of your CD's on it (and wars are kind of out of luck in that department with Inner Beast having so short a duration.) It does 90k-110k damage. A missed tower does the full spectrum 300k to the green debuff'd people so it's more worth blowing an invuln on (to eat the tower pound and avoid that.)

Most farm groups I've run with have done it single tank and they're at their most successful when doing the color phase pretty much flawlessly or having one MAYBE two oranges die due to mess ups.

oh yeah that's why you just sac someone in the tower. It's not like DPS should be an issue, especially unsynced.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
It is funny how insultingly easy Moogle Tribe quests are after all the Ixal heavy low-level HQ demanding, and equally funny is how ridiculously easy it is to get Exp and level after 50, just 10 leves for basically anywhere from 1-2 levels, haha.

Also, I did the DQ quest, but only got the bodybuilder helm and golem minion, where do y'all get the amazing Slime Crown from?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
There's a vendor beside the quest NPC that sells slimehats.

Kobata
Oct 11, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

There are always 4 tethers but the colors are 50/50 of the players.

This means, at 4 players everyone eats a tether hit, 2 of which will be one-shot by it (and you can't control who because it's based on color) -- which proceeds to mean the other two get one-shot by towers, at 5 you'll have either 2/3 or 3/2, meaning either 2 or 1 yellow player(s) eats it (and now there's only one left alive for towers).

At 6 you'll have 1 yellow player always eating one, leaving 2 alive to handle towers (with minor controllability but in practice it's nearly impossible to arrange picking up specific ones), at 7 you'll have a 50/50 chance of a yellow player needing one.

So, 6 is basically the lowest player count you can get with an actually consistent strategy for any composition that isn't all tanks. Any lower number and you're relying on the ones being forced to eat things being the tanks, and you can't really guarantee that.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
I got some questions about DRK AOE at 70

- Aside from the initial agrro grab I should be focusing on Abyssial Drain and ignoring Unleash, correct?
- Should I bother with Dark Passage?
- How many mobs do I need to hit to make Quietus worth the MP cost of Darkest Night?
- Should I be prioritizing DA on Abyssial Drain or Quietus?
- Should I always be trying to Delirium Blood Price, correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kuvo posted:

I got some questions about DRK AOE at 70

- Aside from the initial agrro grab I should be focusing on Abyssial Drain and ignoring Unleash, correct?
- Should I bother with Dark Passage?
- How many mobs do I need to hit to make Quietus worth the MP cost of Darkest Night?
- Should I be prioritizing DA on Abyssial Drain or Quietus?
- Should I always be trying to Delirium Blood Price, correct?

Yes, no, five, Quietus, yes.