Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Hommando posted:

Stealing WHM skills, renaming them, then giving them to other classes is losing. We're going to have to use up role actions to get back skills we already had.

Welcome to the Republican party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

CuddlyZombie posted:

As a heads up, right under the big logo, the OP text still says Heavensward :v:

Well duh Stormblood isn't out yet.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I fail to see the issue.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Cythereal posted:

...There are people who do that? I always get a giggle out of playing a healer and topping one of the dps on the meters.

I think it usually stems from paranoia of WHAT IF I NEED THAT MANA but comes out in a much more hostile IM A HEALER NOT A DPS.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

You can't unlock astrologian until Heavensward so you'll have plenty of time to get comfortable on white mage or scholar before you have to worry.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

MotU posted:

i did it, i beat the menagerie

I didnt have a case of the nerves so bad as when i cleared final steps of faith at launch. What a spectacular fight.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Lansoc posted:

And I thought it was just me being annoyed at all the traveling back and forth.

The story wasnt even worth getting out of bed for which was a shame since HW's was pretty good I thought.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Divine Benison is a 15% HP shield, isn't it?

It is but to be fair it comes late to the party.

The reason whm didnt really have one is initially scholar and white mage were the only healers and they basically tried to fill the "shield healer" and "mega heals/heals over time" roles that are standard practice in MMOs. Astrologian came later and was like "why not both?"

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Astrologian was actually straight up garbage at release. It was mind boggingly bad.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I cant even imagine trying to replicate many of the games boss mechanics with one person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

porfiria posted:

Just getting into this (just finished the ARR Main Scenario). Does it make much difference which Goon Group I join? I'm somewhat interested in Savage raiding--are any of them more in that direction than others?

To answer this: no, not really. The older the FC the more established it is, and higher proportion of "hardcore" players but all 3 have a range of players at all skill levels.