Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Haha, didn't expect some of the trailer stuff to show up this soon. Pippin's scene really delivers. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I mean until they fixed Unleash's threat gen there was no 'drop grit' option at least for DRK. I guess PLD's been busted but I haven't bothered with mine yet. Now that there's some gear and such you can probably get away with a lot more.

cheetah7071 posted:

Even when I gleefully keep casting holy and let the tank die they just silently respawn and then keep going but with single pulls because I have demonstrated myself to be a Bad Healer

This is what I do!

I mean you can only do what your group is capable of. It's not like five more minutes in the dungeon is gonna kill you IRL.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I'm okay with lowbie content having access to lowbie spells because it keeps things consistent for actual lowbies and that's all the balance that content should have. While it sucks not to be doing kickflips and Verflaring things in Totorak I don't find it that big of a deal and sometimes it's even fun to play a simpler rotation due to not having access to your main one.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The easy thing to do would be to swap a skill gain on all classes to give them access to an aoe move sooner but one thing they've repeatedly clung to is not particularly liking AOE dungeon clearing so it's unlikely.

ASTs everywhere are very sad about this. (Including me.) But it isn't really that big of a deal.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

1200 in queue at 6:01 on Excal. I think there's only 720 plots total available so good loving game.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Stinger: Why didn't Gosetsu just go to the Ruby Bazaar and try to contact the WOL or the scions from there? I'm pretty sure he knows Hancock exists... Also really all he had to do was sit on that bench until the WOL runs by, it's not like we don't constantly. Haha.

I for one really liked the MSQ this patch. And even better, now that we've gotten Ala Mhigo some progress, it means we should get to hang out with Hien next time (and we all know Doma was by far the better half of the split-story.)

e: Has anyone got squats yet? I want confirmation its from the squad missions before I spam them.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I mean we haven't gone back to see Hien so there isn't going to be a lot of mourning over things in that half of the storyline yet.

The big deal for Ala Mhigo seems to be the 9-11 towers thing where Fordola murdered foe/ally alike which they brought up already and will probably continue to bring up rather than any individual deaths.

RE: WoL soloing primals we already know that's not the case because there's multiple points where Alphi or Krile tell you to go get a pack of your adventurer buddies to deal with them.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Leveling 60-70 DRK is kind of wonky because Blackest Night is absolutely key to their combo point generation and you don't get it until 70. (You should make a macro to cast it on your MT if you're OT'ing too, gets you free blood points whenever there's a tankbuster.)

Grit being on the GCD says to me that it can't possibly be worth casting it to boost Bloodspiller, I could just be a bad though!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

You can pretty much always get off the swiftcast 3x holy combo but anything after that is going to be real dependent on your actual group. WHM are total monsters but you will run into mana issues if you just holy spam even with Thin Air and Lucid Dreaming so just pay attention to how fast your tank is actually taking damage and heal what you gotta heal. I like to have lillies for my Assize for example since MORE ASSIZES IS MORE BETTER.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

As a dirty casual who will probably never see it, is ultimate coil like a single instance where you get Bahamut's Greatest Hits + a healthy dose of gently caress'yall or is it an instance chain?

Normally I would prefer there not to be gating like that, since being able to zone into an instance and die horribly to it is something I find fun on occasion, but it sounds like this was literally done as a "No, this is actually hard enough that if you can't do O4S we don't want your guild to implode over it." mental health check so, well, I can't exactly disagree with that.

(It also sounds like it might actually be impossible without the O4S gear. That's some tight tuning, drat.)

mistaya fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Oct 25, 2017

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The weeklies for verminion and triple triad are really easy to bang out for some funbucks if you're saving for something but yeah all you need to do is the daily mini-cacpot and you'll get everything eventually.

So, Kojin's sworn rep was possible today. No emote, no mount, no new pet? :( That's disappointing...

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Rhonne posted:

I found this video of someone going through all the class gear on both a highlander and a viera and yeah, it looks like they can't wear anything that covers their head like hats, hoods, or helmets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bTIY9zyUm0

Things like glasses, hair ribbons, and face masks seem to work just fine though.

I'm happy that they got what they did to work but the lack of the cowboy hats and floppy bard hats just makes them a solid "no" from my perspective. One of the things about XIV I've always personally appreciated was how much care went into the clothing models instead of just letting things clip like in WoW. There were actual patches sewn into the pants for tails and the hats had ear holes that were clearly designed into them and things like that. More recently these things haven't been as common (tails and dress/skirts especially are clipping nightmares.)

I wish this video had shown a male/female instead of a female human/bunny though. Male BLM/RDM/DNC probably have significant differences.

e: Leveling as a tank is the easiest thing in the world. You can spec your Chocobo DPS and your damage on the world map is totally fine. Highly recommended.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jun 2, 2019

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The XIV community is honestly what keeps bringing me back because people are just generally nicer in this game than any other MMO/team game I've played. The whole concept of being able to go into new content blind- and intentionally so in order to maximize your enjoyment of learning on the fly- is just completely foreign in other games.

I mean, sure, don't go in blind to "Please know the fight, we're farming this" party finder groups but anything else is 100% fair game and someone's always willing to explain things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"Wake me up on Friday."

Yes I sleep in my belt boots. :colbert: