Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

SettingSun posted:

I play male roe and I am definitely trying to look badass (and succeeding, mind you). I couldn't imagine not towering over everyone else and it makes most cutscenes even better. The cutscene where Asahi reveals his true to colors to the WoL is great because he has to twist himself upwards to get close to my roe's face.

Relatedly, Asahi kneeling down to a lalafell will never get old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Preordered the book at the speed of light. Can't wait, especially since it looks like it'll go in on some Au Ra stuff and I've been waiting for that.

Also the floppy matoya hat is :allears:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Let the gerbiling commence.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

From some pages ago, but:

TheHeadSage posted:

I hope Yoshi-p's highest priority in patch 4.5 is giving us more glamour plates, as 10 nowhere near enough to curb my addiction to having multiple outfits for all my main classes.

Edit: And give me a replica of the wedding ring so I can chuck it in the dresser thing, rather than manually having to glam my rings like some kind of savage.

The glam dresser getting quadruple capacity for storage and ten more plates is my #1 most wanted feature this hot second.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

The Grimace posted:

I like Unukalhai a lot and want him to be used again. Just, I don't know how they will do so at this moment since his questline was not imperative to the MSQ.

They've made side quests mandatory for MSQ advancement before (2.1 did this with some of the previous sidequest-only dungeons). I could see them doing it for the WT line since that honestly seems fairly plot-relevant.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

did i mention

that it has

goddamn style?

That outfit isn't red at all. :mad:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

SwissArmyDruid posted:

You would have had even less cause to notice it, since if a skill does not have any up-front damage attached to it, such as the case with Bio, it cannot miss.

Yep, SCH could get away with a bit less acc because two of your dots would never miss (although getting Miasma 1 to stick could be a chore).

The destruction of accuracy was still the best move ever made for healers, though, and basically helped turn WHM into the dungeon-crushing monster it is today.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Renegret posted:

I started leveling Ninja yesterday too and while doing the "random bits of whatever ARR gear you found on the floor" glamour is fun at first, it'll be good to have a more structured glamour for a while.

I'm noticing a lot of sprouts in this game. I got to 30 by mostly spamming dungeons, and I encountered more sprouts than established players doing LDR in those low level dungeons. On one hand, it's a nice feeling because I don't feel bad that I'm dragging a vet into yet another tam tara, but on the other hand, you run into a lot of THMs who don't understand "just spam fire"

It's also good that the game remains healthy. :3: I'm glad XIV does so well even five years on, and Shadowbringers is shaping up to be really cool and I'm not even entirely sure what direction they're gonna take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That Miqo'te in the XV crossover doesn't sound like an Eorzean at all.

It's so baffling. They've well established their London-based English VO crew at this point, and then heeeeeere comes California Girl Catgirl for the crossover, and her diction is nothing like XIV either

It rather feels like the XV crew are just going for the lowest-rent local option for that and aren't coordinating with the BizDiv 5 crew much