Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Clarste posted:

It's not about dps, it's about fun. Stunning the enemies with Holy is more fun than not stunning them. Casting more dots and spreading them with Bane is more fun than not doing that.

We are more than mere numbers, etc etc.

if losing 1 dot ruins a class for you then idk what to say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

oh shadow flare is supposedly gone too. that sucks i guess.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i still think we shouldn't jump to a bunch of conclusions based on leaks of dubious accuracy but w/e

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

cleric stance was a blight and i'm glad it's been completely eradicated, even its vestigial form

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

this thread owns lmao

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Mate, I didn't preorder Shadowbringers for this exact reason. I had a real bad feeling that they were going to gut jobs I cared about, and what do you know, they're going completely above and beyond what I expected even at my most pessimistic. Apparently I have a clairvoyant space brain or something when it comes to middling game designers falling apart when they're actually under deadline and financial pressure!

Yes. I can read numbers, and either they're lying about healing checks being harder (in which case why gut healer damage and buff options?) or SCH is going to have huge trouble keeping up. It's barely on par with the other healers for burst output, and dramatically below them for sustained healing, and no Energy Drain could seriously gently caress up its MP sustainability though that's hard to tell with MP being reworked all around.

It's a Balmung account with everything (except FSH but lol) at 70, O12S down, very solid if unexceptional parses, so I'm not exactly inclined to give it away for free, sorry. I'm still barely holding onto hope that they'll either reverse course before launch or in 5.01 or something, but I really don't expect anything other than minor number tweaks that don't really fix much other than making content theoretically-possible for SCH. If not, whatever, I'll take some ERPer or wannabe raider's money and run I guess.

yeah this is the poo poo i love

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Vitamean posted:

i really just want a character on aether at cap that I can use to play with friends this isn't hard

balmung isn't on aether

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

the real question is whether you'll want to be in fists of fire or fists of wind or if there's a reason to swap between them

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

a lot of people haven't because they're insanely niche

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

and, at least in automata's case, not all that great to actually play

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Annath posted:

Someone mentioned airships are coming in the next patch/expansion.

Are they going to be a Gil sink, or will they be obtained through the story?

If the former, do we have any idea how much they might cost?

I don't have any form of housing, and I'm told they will function in that capacity, so I'm curious.

do you mean something other than the airships that have existed since heavensward?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

that's the fastest way to get through that stretch :confused:

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

because then it's over quickly? idk, that's what i did every time to get through that stretch. it sucks, but then it's over before you know it

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

What's the rush? The post said it was for DRK, so it's not the only job that person has leveled. So if your feeling is "I *must* powerlevel this class to level cap." well then, yeah, it's going to suck no matter what you do. If you're thinking that way, once again, you're the only person making yourself suffer through it.

they wanted to get to 50, clearly. the fastest way to do that is exactly what they did. not sure why you're chiming in with "um but if you did a thing that made it take days instead of two hours, that would totally be better"

doing leveling roulette and nothing else would make it take way way longer and be a hundred times more miserable, at least for me. some people would rather just get the poo poo dealt with so they don't have to worry about it anymore.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i don't think this is something we're going to see eye to eye on so let's just leave it there

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

tell me more about how some people just don't deserve to play a videogame

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

the far east is better because azim steppe is the best zone in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

he DOES yell "rip and tear" so he's good, actually