Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It is going to be Omega yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Xun posted:

When can I transfer to omega?

at mid day GMT

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
PSA: If you are waiting to transfer to Omega and join Please Calm Down, we'll be signing up people at the Aftcastle in Limsa Lominsa. You DO still need to get authorised through the Discord channel, so make sure you include your code in the app!

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
please calm down

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
*Added Jun. 16, 2017 12:30 GMT) / 13:30 (BST) Because we are currently experiencing an issue with the Duty Finder, the re-opening of the World transfer service has been postponed. We will inform you as soon as the opening date has been determined.

Sadly this means that there's going to be a delay in creating Please Calm Down.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

I'm excited to try out Samurai but I don't have any level 50 melee gear, nor do I have a pile of Poetics to get it with, so it'll have to wait at least until I reach Heavensward and can buy some.

I can't see it winning out over Red Mage for me, because RDM feels amazing and I've only played it for a half hour, but Samurai does seem pretty sweet and those slash sound effects are perfect.

You get a free set of gear when you unlock both Samurai and Red Mage.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The good news is that given the amount of people who have already attempted to join Please Calm Down, we're likely to have a pretty healthy population.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

This is the new PCD tag because some other group was using <Chill> and we didn't want confusion. Also we know that finding us is tricky with no house to go to, so if you can't see anyone with the tag, send one of us a message in discord and we'll try to meet up with you so you can join.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just a reminder that there are no congestion issues on the EU servers so if you're in Europe and were on the fence about moving, we've got a growing Free Company waiting for you.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
meanwhile, on omega

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah, but this is like bragging about rent being cheaper in bumfuck nowhere. Sure, you live cheap, but the rest of us get to be in a real place.

If it weren't for the fact that the Chaos data centre is the most densely populated of all of them you'd be right.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Minrad posted:

lotta people living in moscow

doesn't mean I'd want to do more than visit

my dude it is Literally The Same Game

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Have to say, walking around the cities, Omega is looking very populated. No wonder they had to add another server!

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
pipin should become a scion. like and share if you agree

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
paladins truly are the altar boys of the job system

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
One, Scholar needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever a Scholar's not in the party, all the other characters should be asking "Where's the Scholar"? Three-

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Incidentally, any concerns about Omega becoming the European Balmung seem to be unfounded. I think i saw an RP, once, but i saw it more often on Excalibur than I have here.

Love live Omega. Now Excalibur is the dead gay server.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SoulChicken posted:

Laotzu is thinking of coming back. I think I maybe should move to Omega! Its been so long!

While we'd love to have you, transfers to Omega are currently suspended because it's too popular!

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I got to do it in a SusEx after both tanks died. We wiped, but at least the white mage cheered for me.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I dyed the Ala Mhigan striking set and I like it enough that I'm not going to glamour over it!

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Emperors New Fists is the only viable Monk weapon glamour.

I got the High Allagan Claws from t9(?) and like those as a glamour, they fold out with a sound effect and have a cool red glow.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Toshimo posted:

My favorite shitters are the ones that, when the first month in a 2 mob pull unlocks the passage gate, go and plant themselves at the gate and refuse to assist on the 2nd mob.

I've wiped because we had a healer do this exact thing. Hit a summoning trap while also dealing with the wandering enemies, couldn't handle them all without heals and died. Not once did they move until the enemies came for them, and by then it was too late.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Summoning traps (and all traps in general) only happen in the proper rooms, so you were fighting wandering enemies while in a room where you hadn't already popped the trap or seen where it is instead of in the hallway. That's not the healer's fault, and if it was a dps you probably still would have died. You can solo potd up to 100, given enough effort and planning, so a single person sitting quietly in the corner, or even yelling at you for pulling more, cannot make you wipe. They can be a dick, for sure, but not wipe you.

No I'm pretty sure had the healer not run away and healed us instead of letting us deal we would have survived.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

And if you hadn't been fighting wandering mobs in rooms you wouldn't have triggered the trap that caused the problem in the first place, soooo

Are you being willfully dense here

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

gpose still cool and good, also my fists are birds now

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

An apocalyptic war that I'm guessing is their own drat fault. Would fit everything I've seen of Ishgard so far.

*nervous laughter*

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CuddlyZombie posted:

I agree with this in every way.

The establishing moment when I knew we were in for a good ride was early on when they take in Tataru on some bullshit charge and you march on in to clear her name via trial by combat. It helped establish that you weren't loving around and also it felt good to cut loose and beat up some priests.

e: also worth remembering that the lore reason DRK exists is to execute corrupt clergy and knights that are above the law

A Great Big Bee! fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jul 13, 2017

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

I think after I finally get to 70 on PLD tonight I'm gonna gird up and get a healer from 60 to 70. Need to choose between WHM and AST, and I can't :(

(e) or i could just keep leveling more dps classes starting with nin :suicide:

do what i'm doing - level scholar :unsmigghh:

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i will admit that i am levelling scholar solely because i already had it at 60 while my other healers are in the 30s. also i'm lazy and in low level stuff the fairy does my entire job for me

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

homeless snail posted:

You should join a FC even if you don't play that much, because of the buffs + people to help you do stuff especially if you're a dps

Exactly this, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by joining one of the FCs.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rainuwastaken posted:

Any content you can queue for can be done cross-server as far as I know, so you can still play with goons. It'll just be slightly more of a hassle.

Only in the most technical sense really, realistically speaking you're only likely to get people to do things cross-server if it's raiding. Honestly, transferring to Omega would be the better option, even if you have to pay for it; for the free company bonuses, people willing to run stuff with you, feed your chocobo, give you fashion advice, etc. Please Calm Down is currently the #2 ranked FC on Omega so we're pretty active and healthy, with a fair few new players, and you'd be more than welcome!

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Erg posted:

that av rules

thanks, i got it from here

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
me, spearfishing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyOWoxXCeoA

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dwesa posted:

More than a hundred and they're mostly active.

Yeah of our 114 members, only a handful haven't logged in within the last week. Personally speaking it feels just as active as the other free companies - more so sometimes considering back in Excalibur we were on during sleepytime or worktime hours for the Americans.

A Great Big Bee! fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jul 15, 2017

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
what if riddle of fire were a temporary gl4 instead

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i love thavnairian style so this new aquapolis is going to be my jam. also very glad i got my gatherers up so that i can sell maps for filthy amounts of money

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
learning is power!

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
we got a maoi statue for the please calm down house! not only does it keep a watchful eye on our neighbours, it has also enabled roof access

eventually even i managed to get up there, long after everyone else!

also congratulations to xaph irongauntlet for being first on the roof and being decorated with the official PCD title of "best at jumps"

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheRagamuffin posted:

Calling it now, the new classes introduced in 5.0 will just be SMN and SCH, finally separated.

we discussed this in the discord and established that the new class will be skateboarder (SK8) featuring special guest star tony hawk as the job trainer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I would assume omega would draw from mainline games it's actually appeared in so that's FFV, FFXI and FFXII (not including the FFI remake and FFIV: TAY)

FFXI content would be interesting, and FFXII would go hand in hand with Return to Ivalice and this having this expansion's legion be the XIIth.