Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

GMG is out of copies of stormblood, much to my dismay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Apparently buying stormblood doesn't come with 30 days of gametime like every other mmo I've bought...

Mad because it means I can't play until next paycheck (next week) because I've budgeted to play now, but don't have it in the budget to play now. (I have the funds, but the money is budgeted to things that matter more)

Ugh adulting :sigh:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Yeesh I'm glad I'm at a level where $15 doesn't make or break me. That's like coffee money for a week or so.

No, as I said, I literally could spend $15, but I'd be taking that from funds that are already set aside for other things, like new tires for my car and such I need to buy.

I just didn't plan out i'd need 45+15, but $45. There's a difference.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Summoner seems pretty cool, I like the dots and the pet. Not sure if it's tangible to level as the healer variant though. Seen it in a few Dungeons. Looks like tanks get the most bonus for daily Dungeons.

I've tanked in hard modes in ulduar (and Healy paladin) so I know I could do it but it's usually stressful so I avoid it. Healing on anything other than hard modes is usually enough to put me to asleep. The timing is easily the hardest part, since you get to avoid everything else about the fights that dps/tanks care about.

Anyways, I'm having fun, level 38 after a few weeks of a couple hours a night.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I just did Cape Westwind last night for the first time actually, and it was hilarious. I had figured he'd be super hard based on how FFRK portrays it, but no one did like anything but melt the boss super fast.

He died in like 45 seconds or something stupid.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I am currently a level 25 CUL, and I am trying to do the HQ Helm Component Ixal quest, but I am having some great difficulties.

I eat Mint Lassi, and everything but my head/ear/neck/bracelet/rings is HQ crafting gear for my level.

CP=253
Control=150
Skill Speed=144
Craftsmanship=161

I usually do this:

Inner quiet > steady hand > hasty touch, then do that as often as possible, sometimes doing master's mend to repair, but I just am not loving doing enough to get high quality up.

Am I missing something? I noticed that goldsmithing thing gets something cross class at 15, do I need that?

I just want to hand in these stupid quests because I'm reputation capped :mad:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

You're missing a bunch of level 50 abilities, most importantly Byregot's Blessing from CRP. You're just going to have to suck it up until you get there. Keep plugging away at CUL until 37 though, because Steady Hand II is really good.

I looked up a guide which shows the best leveling path is to spam levequests

This is pain.

I either have to craft myself the items, then go to the questgiver, turn in ONE round of items, teleport back to the questgiver, then go to the target again, and repeat. What the gently caress.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is it possible to pug the ARR raids? I want to do the content and my 56 rdm has ilvl130 gear now xD

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Yeah, but goons would love to run Coil with you.

If you mean Crystal Tower, queues will be long. I've heard Sunday is better.

Labyrinth or Coil would be ideal, at least just enough to try it once so I can experience the content.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I did Garuda Extreme and it wasn't that difficult but like....

Are some people just braindead?

I watched as they explained the mechanic to get in the bubble, and then one red mage just kept not getting in the bubble. Everyone was standing inside the bubble and he just looked at us and....didn't. And then he died.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Thundarr posted:

I like to think that sometimes they're just tunnel visioning hard and not paying attention to anything other than their hotbar and the mana gauge.

Yeah but... every time? Come on. I get getting killed by a mechanic once or twice, but if you're attempting extreme (this was sync'd) or w/e you should be cognizant that it's probably not going to be a steamroll.

I mean, we eventually did it, after about 10 times. (mostly due to the offtank not pulling one of the bird adds at the right time, or people not focus firing down the adds at first because no one said to and about 5/8 of the people there were new to the fight)

30m+ wait times for dps, could at least look up the fight guide in that time.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So Binding Coil and Labyrinth raids:

Interest check for who wants to do those this sunday (or tuesday/wednesday)

Thinking 12 noon EST till whenever we finish them?

I just want to experience the raids, so if we can run them unsynced or something that'd be great, or not.

We need 24? dudes so whoever wants to come and is 50 I'd say is fair game.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So would anyone be interested in doing ARR raids this coming sunday around noonish EDT?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Phone posted:

Man I'd be down but I'm going to be out of town until like 2pm. :(

I was thinking noon because that'd be easier but I'm here all sunday, so if it's better for yall to do anywhere in the 12-5 bracket that's ok too.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

homeless snail posted:

Legacy of Allag is kind of a pain but its just 4 fates, shouldn't take more than an hour or maybe two, and Crystal Tower is totally worth it IMO. Best tip is just put on a movie or something and grab a friend to help you camp both zones simultaneously and clear out any other fates in the area that might be blocking them. Chances are pretty good that it'll pop quickly if there's space.

If there's gonna be a CT group this Sunday like it sounds like there might be, any newbies should make sure they get allag out of the way ahead of time if they haven't.

What's legacy of allag?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Thundarr posted:

The quest to unlock the Crystal Tower (2.x 24-man raid series).

Oh I already did that. I have labyrinth of the ancients unlocked but I haven't done the raid yet. Looks like there is 2 raids after that too

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Krabboss posted:

your position in the queue should be determined by how good your dps is.

I should have instant queues then.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Anyone have any suggestions for SAM rotation? I figured I should probably play a little of this free level 50 SAM I've got and I like ~katanas~ but the rotation seems confusing coming from a WoW paladin (press 3 buttons and keep your dot up) and then SMN -> RDM -> SAM the combo pattern seems....confusing.

I found this which seems helpful:

http://imgur.com/a/OLGov#UH38V48

So I've just been trying to follow that. (though I don't have some of those at 50)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

jalapeno_dude posted:

It's BBQ chicken pizza that's the abomination.

:getout:

Chicken and BBQ is amazing...

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Did someone post about the Hunt guides earlier? I couldn't find it.

Also I just got to the point in Heavensward where Best Elf died.

:cry:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Verranicus posted:

Urianger is still alive though??

He's boring, and they haven't even bothered to touch on his apparent betrayal yet.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I'm getting the mount then I think I'm done with yo kai. I'm not willing to put in the effort to get every weapon honestly, I got my main's so im good.

What are the differences between whisper-go and whisper-a-gogo or w/e?

I thought you get another one when you get all the weapons too

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Well I finished HW...

By the way, when are we getting the Falcon Mount? I've been constantly subbed since SB came out :(

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I bought stormblood then subbed for 3 months without lapsing (I already had an expired account, so no free 30 days)

I also tried "send request" thing at the moogle and nothing.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

you need to actually purchase the 90 days of sub time during the promotion. if you didn't buy more than a month at a time, it's unlikely you bought 3 months during the promotion so far.

I have purchased it and it doesn't show up. June 27th, July 27th, Aug 26th. Bunch of hot garbage. I'll make a ticket with SE

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Velthice posted:

the promotion didn't start until july so your june sub money doesn't count

Except:

quote:

If you have remaining subscription time that was purchased before the campaign period, or you have an active recurring subscription, we will calculate any remaining game time available as of Saturday, July 1, towards the campaign.

Oh.....

Oh that's loving bullshit. (because it starts on july 1st, and i purchased on the 27th, that's only 66~ or so days paid "DURING" the promo period). I would have had to pay for four months based on when i purchased. t:mad:

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Sep 5, 2017

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Appaarently you can get Zhloe's reputation up, but how do you do that? I can't find any info about it.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Anyone interested in the Crystal Tower raids this sunday? I want to do those, having never done them before, and also am interested in Void Ark quest too...

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Phone posted:

You're gonna be in for a treat in about 30 hours. :v:

I just started the Anti-Tower part of the MSQ, don't tell me another of my e-friends doesn't make it :(

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So is anyone interested in some Crystal Tower later today? Or maybe some Binding Coil? I would like to do all of them...

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 10, 2017

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I got a pork roast in the slow cooker.

While I'm doing this, anyone up for doing Crystal Tower right now?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

homeless snail posted:

What's your name? I'll come heal, idk how many people you'll get but maybe that will expedite the queue a little

I'm in DF right now queued up, it's been fluxuating but we had mostly a full group. full on healers, need tank/dps atm. Excalibur

Gvaz Elite if you wanna be friendos tho.

edit: only need tanks right now, if you please

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Sep 10, 2017

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I finished Labyrinth of the Ancients, these Allagans sent a loving moon into space but they can't make a spaceship?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

And Syrcus Tower is down too. Next up, World of Darkness!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

And now World of Darkness is done (aside from not getting the CoD minion...)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Just finished Nidhogg quest.

God that music is so loving good.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Finished HeavensWard main story, now on to stormblood.... after 3 months...

I'm also almost 68

Can't say I'm too thrilled about the new friend we got.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Naw, I saw him play through most of it. Now dialogue boxes I would totally believe him skipping, but I think he watched cutscenes because he would bring poo poo up and ask questions.

Haurchefaunt (sic) got to him though lol

Granted: I did all the side quests in ARR while I was doing completion log rewards, and going "I wonder how to stable my chocobo" and "i have to complete my daily hunts!" and stuff.

Some days I wouldn't be able to play, and work days maybe 1-2 hours a night. Also some days I would just be like "oh i need to do adult things like cooking and laundry" and just be logged into the game for hours

So I wasn't going balls deep into the MSQ. Once I got to HW I was like "okay well i need to unlock flying and I can mostly just skip all the side quests in the zone until later..."

So I did...yet I'm still 68 and started in the Fringes.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Jumbo/mini cactpot is so depressing :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I need to do the alexander raids, anyone wanna go do that?