Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

They did. They ended up changing all dungeons so that the bulk of dungeon exp is now tied up in bosses instead of monsters specifically to stop first room DD blitzing

I forgot about that change and yet still found it faster than pugging during that level range.

It really is that terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

HotBobaloo posted:

Does anyone happen to know if the black chocobo code is available if you buy a game card? it says "video games" but if I bought a 2 month game card to resub, would that count?

Yes, it tells you at checkout at the top of the page if your order is eligible for the chocobo and a 60 day time card does count.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

This is my second favorite MMO commercial right next to EverQuest Online Adventures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-CHG_To7Ag

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
I did like WoW, and that horse has been rode into town and beaten beyond recognition but it's not wrong when people say current game is just not fun. But some people can't leave abusive spouses and will go back on any promise of change.

Helps that 8.2 is going to be bad by all accounts, with the promise of popular systems being put back in but in half-rear end partial measures and a gear grind that makes even the worst parts of 2.0 relics seem tame. The fair weather flakes will go back and those that are enjoying themselves will stay. And the hype behind Shadowbringers is pretty massive in comparison. It feels good to look forward to a video game and not feel an overall sense of "how they gonna gently caress this up." I don't feel 8.2 is going to snag back as big a chunk of players as they think it will. Not just stealing them back from FFXIV, but overall people who broke free and quit.

Here is to hoping that this is a big rear end wake up call to Blizzard to get their poo poo in gear and plug the holes so those who do love that game can enjoy it again. I still have friends who log into that poo poo, go through the motions and just log out because it's still by all accounts in such sorry shape.

Oh and release Warcraft III Remastered already for fucks sake.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
The leveling "revamp" was just so painful I felt sorry for anybody who didn't already finish leveling.

And then on the high end scale, level 110s were destroying 120s because of access to better scaling and lingering Artifact abilities. Even getting more powerful at 120 caused your gameplay sessions to be longer because there was zero power increases on your part, while NPCs gained exponentially with damage going out and total HP. Their reasoning is they didn't want geared player characters to be able to go into an area and round it all up and consume it like a plague of locusts.

You know, the whole point of getting better gear with better stats.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Just... halve everything? So a level 50 encounter becomes a 25?

In a sense it's a good idea because each level feels good because you're getting new skills or a talent point or some poo poo. Right now there are giant stretches of leveling in WoW where you get gently caress all.

I do not envy the dev team that has to figure this poo poo out.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Here is a visual for that google doc a page or so ago. Stolen from reddit of course.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Just take the MCH guns and paste the DRK blade portion on the end of it. Vola. Instant best glams. A Gatling gun of bladeswords.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
I'm fine on boss abilities for a while. Any new telegraphs and my brain might explode.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
I stopped parsing video game damages back in WoW Draenor I think and if I did have a meter going it was watching who was doing interrupts and cleanses. That's the real meta.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
I did enjoy Kefka and the first few times with his gimmick was very much a "clever girl" moment. I'd love to see more stuff like that. Just no gimmicks where if one person fucks it up, everyone dies. I hate that poo poo.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Submit all MMORPG vitaes on the Mog Station for a free retainer voucher that you will need to hold all your swolen e-peen loots. All guilds must maintain max rank and have a verified Ventrilo server with at least 13 pre paid months up front.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Missing a Grand Company rank too.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Be warned.

Check the price of shards first before you commit to this because it can quickly bleed you. For a while I was noticing people chomping up small stacks and then relisting them for a huge mark up.

Givin fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jun 22, 2019

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Sounds to me like you're tired of the game, not the classes or rotation.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Veev posted:

Basically every time Haurchefant is praising you in english, he's praising some part of your body in japanese.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
The world isn't ready for a drakengard story raid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Think I'm gong to focus on FATE grinding first to unlock max vendors and get that out of the way.

Also:

quote:

Parrying is now less effective in reducing damage.
Blocking is now less effective in reducing damage.

Get ready because I bet this is overtuned as all hell.

Givin fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jun 26, 2019