Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Bad things about Stormblood

- all NPCs refer to your character with the n-word
- extremely graphic cutscenes in which Minfilia gives birth to eggs, fetishistically
- all jobs and classes changed to Warrior, Warrior no longer able to equip weapons
- the ability you like most was removed

Those are all good things, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I don't think it's reasonable to expect a completely problem free first day of a popular MMO expansion, but it's also really loving stupid that they put in an instance bottleneck basically at the start of the MSQ, especially when the MSQ gates pretty much everything in the expansion. It's amazing to me because HW had two different quest chains at the start with two different solo instances in order to avoid this exact problem. It's like they did the exact opposite of learning a lesson.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

super sweet best pal posted:

Bwahahahaha! It's like all my namedays have come at once!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Blattdorf posted:

The Block of Ala Mhigo.
The Queue at the Little Bridge.
The Far Edge of Queue.
Queueblood. (a low-hanging fruit, but whatevs)
I Queue With You.

Also shut up Mordicius, SE doesn't need you to white knight them. They hosed up and as a result a lot of people are blocked out of 99% of the expansion they expected to be playing today. A lot of those people planned around that expectation, taking off from work or whatever else. It loving sucks.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Heavensward launch was smooth as butter compared to this shitshow.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'd honestly rather get booted from the server every 15 minutes if it meant I could get past this single stupid plot battle.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This is all due to a massive influx of new subscriptions thanks to Mrs. Freshley.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

There's an unspoiled botany node that spawns just south of Raubahn, and if there are too many people around him it will get culled.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Made it past Raubahn, thought things would get better, but nope, there's just a handful of fetch quests and then you get another story battle. It's really astounding how badly they hosed this up.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm glad SS2 is dead because every bad white mage would start off a dungeon by slowcasting it and then yelling at me for not waiting for protect.

If only protect could get the same treatment.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

this works really well on loop

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

They're not going to change a thing because this is a problem that hopefully won't exist in a few days. All we can do is pray that they maybe spread things out a bit in 5.0 like in Heavensward (which I'm beginning to believe was just a fluke and not intentional), or perhaps that they use all the money they rake in from story skip services and advertising with Mrs. Freshley to upgrade their equipment.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Reene posted:

Hello I have come to join you in this dead gay anime catgirl simulator. I play Johanna Nyave.

Is it worth buying one of the skip potions and if so which one do you recommend prioritizing? I am tempted to skip over ARR because holy god there is a lot of filler but the actual main story is pretty decent.

For the love of god don't buy a story skip until they fix the MSQ bottleneck.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

kaempfer0080 posted:

I got SAM to 60 yesterday and now I, too, am cockblocked by cold steel. Can you get in if you keep spamming? Trying to decide if I should go for that, or level SAM other ways, or just go gather.

Don't try to spam it if you value your time or sanity. Just do something else, whether in game or irl.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

macfam posted:

Can someone explain why AoE attacks always do less damage to each enemy instead of doing a flat amount of damage to every enemy inside its effect?
I'm just annoyed that deathflare will do less damage now
On a related note now you're unable to cast shadow flare again for 60 seconds? You usually have to recast it every 15 seconds because enemies won't stop moving around.

Because AOE is bad. Please respect the content.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Serves you right for getting on board before it debarks.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A QUEST INTO THE SLOT. ITS BEST SERVED WITH COLD STEEL AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RAUBAHN. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME GARLEAN BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED EORZEAS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY GUILD CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN GUILD CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

I can't figure out what use if any Meditation has

Try using it five times.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hi, can we talk about how loving stupid it was to change tank AP back to 100% strength AND make jewelry locked by role? Because it's really loving stupid. It makes it so that good tanks will want to keep a set of 270 slaying jewelry (which is still all classes) because it's still best for dps. And they'll keep them either until the substats on fending jewelry outweighs the old slaying jewelry, or until they're getting one-shot through cooldowns.

Or, most likely, until SE goes back and makes all jewelry role-locked.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Another big problem is that it really fucks over tanks in solo content.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Even if they make it so that savage bosses hit extra hard and tanks need a lot of HP to survive them, you still have the problem of excess HP being a waste. Like, if you need 50,000 HP to survive a tank buster, and you get some jewelry that increases your HP to 51,000, what does that extra 1,000 do for you? Absolutely nothing.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Minrad posted:

petition to rename all the samurai abilities so they include "means x" in the name. like "Hakaze 'means downward slash'" or whatever the gently caress it means

Same but also for red mage abilities. Mostly because I want the AOE ability to be translated literally as Little Windmill.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

It lets you not die to the next auto attack.

I'm assuming that 50k is enough to survive the tank buster and any followups. My point is that if X is enough for a tank to survive a fight, anything more than X is useless. DPS and healers will get jewelry upgrades that help make the fight faster, but tanks won't. Instead they get a slightly larger HP buffer. Exciting stuff.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I wonder how many folks on the writing team are fans of the Suikoden series, because the Stormblood storyline is basically a Suikoden game.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

Zenos does have kind of a Luca Blight thing going on I suppose.

He's a lot more restrained than Luca of course, but he's got the whole "unstoppable beast of a man, and also crown prince of the bad guys" thing going on. I really hope the final battle against him is as epic as the one against Luca.

Although Garlemald is a lot more like Harmonia than Highland I guess.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

My only real 'fear' re: sidequesting and lots of dungeons is that I might hit 70 before I finish the majority of the MSQ and 'waste' that XP

Just do the MSQ until you hit a wall, then go back and do sidequests starting from the highest level ones. Definitely do sidequests that award aether currents ASAP, though, and fortunately it looks like none of those are hidden behind long chains now.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

My god, the Azim Steppe is gorgeous.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

heeeeeelp meeeeeee

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That's, uh, quite the saying.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Three days into the expansion and I've already been kicked from a party for not having enough HP as a tank. Great change SE, tanks doing too much damage really needed fixing.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Augus posted:

what does your damage have to do with not having enough HP

Since tank AP is back to 100% strength, you need to give up damage to get more HP, and vice versa.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'd rather have more damage.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Have you considered that maybe SE made a really stupid change to solve a problem that didn't need to be fixed? I have seen very few if any people complain about tanks getting AP from vitality.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Die Sexmonster! posted:

I mean, were you dying to a pull or a boss, or did they look at your HP and just decide you should have more? Not enough detail here for anyone to honestly comment.

We made it past the first boss, and I died on the a trash pull. I was only pulling two packs at a time, so nothing too crazy. The white mage did zero dps, and one of the bards never used his songs. After the wipe the healer called me a retard for being undergeared and then they kicked me.

Let me tell you it's really cool seeing people dogpile me for getting treated lovely by pubbies.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

vOv posted:

Yeah, I'm sure if tank damage used VIT then they would've been totally understanding and wouldn't have kicked you for some other idiotic reason.

When tank AP was STR/VIT this was never a problem though. Before that change, I would do dungeons in DF in STR gear, and sometimes people would look at my HP and say "wow he must be an undergeared trash scrub, let's kick him"

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Come on man, dogpiled? It's three posters, and one of them is Mord. They don't even count as human. (Source: they logged into FC chat on Sunday and mocked people for trying to do the MSQ. "lol @ everyone who spammed Raubahn" IIRC. gently caress off)

Yeah you're right, I'm just in a lovely mood right now. also lol

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Farg posted:

i mean, it says something that people in this thread are willing to side with pubbies over you

Yeah, it tells me that people in this thread are just pubbies that gave $10 to lowtax.

We wiped a single time, and the healer didn't say a single word until he complained that I was undergeared - I was wearing full 270 with a few 273s from quests up to this point. I couldn't possibly have better gear unless I dumped millions of gil on overpriced crafted gear for marginal benefit. I was even about to put on some vit jewelry when the healer decided to be an rear end in a top hat.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Reiterpallasch posted:

even in weirdo str weight world, there's no way that 270 maiming accessories would be better than 350+ crafted fending accessories with str VIs melded, would there

i'm not even shitposting now, i actually don't know enough about tanks to know the answer to that

At some point yeah, the dps from fending acc substats plus a STR materia will outweigh the 270 slaying ones, especially with grade 6+ materia. The question is where that point lies. If we're still below that point, it would still be better to wear slaying accs if you can survive the fight with them, because any extra HP on top of that is almost useless.

I'm 100% willing to adapt if I actually need the HP to survive, so it's not like I'm being overly stubborn here. In the next dungeon run I did actually put on some vit stuff because we were struggling. It's just that I think it's a really lovely change that didn't need to happen at all.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Here's what I actually posted yesterday just for the record.

Fister Roboto posted:

Hi, can we talk about how loving stupid it was to change tank AP back to 100% strength AND make jewelry locked by role? Because it's really loving stupid. It makes it so that good tanks will want to keep a set of 270 slaying jewelry (which is still all classes) because it's still best for dps. And they'll keep them either until the substats on fending jewelry outweighs the old slaying jewelry, or until they're getting one-shot through cooldowns.

Or, most likely, until SE goes back and makes all jewelry role-locked.

Apparently that's enough to get people here angry, for whatever reason.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Minrad posted:

what if both fister and the pubbie are both wrong

i'll expect a 200 page thesis on the moral implications of votekicks and dungeon wipes on my desk by friday. you're all dismissed

Well, yeah, I was wrong. Going straight STR and pulling multiple packs was a pretty bad idea. I just don't like people in DF who go straight from silent to rear end in a top hat over a single wipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The white mage AF "pants" return in all their glory.