Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Ah, that fresh new thread smell.

So I notice in the OP that the EU FC is listed under 'Chaos'. Does that mean that the world it's on hasn't been finalised yet? I assume it's going to be Omega right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

It is going to be Omega yes

Thanks. Now to get through this work day and transfer when I get home.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Xun posted:

When can I transfer to omega?

I want to say an hour and a half? c/d

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Verranicus posted:

People already bitching on the OF. Gonna be a fun few days.

"RAAAAH THIS POPULAR MMO IS SUFFERING FROM CONGESTION ISSUES ON LAUNCH HOW DARE THEY"

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

super sweet best pal posted:

Farm Poes? Lahabrea steamroll roulette still gives 120.

I think everything give poes now.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

super sweet best pal posted:

I meant that the reward hasn't decreased post-patch, which is good since Shire gear is super cheap now.

Oh yeah in that case its the quickest way to get some decent poes.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

So looks like world transfer is super hosed and won't be fixed for a while.

edit: dangit Locust

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

SL the Pyro posted:

I sincerely hope this is sarcasm, Alisaie.

alisaie you little poo poo

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Yo i'm about to transfer to omega. Are there people online for pcd invites?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I'm here, where the goons at

edit: thank you Lyra for invite <chill>
:dance:

Oxygen Deficiency fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jun 17, 2017

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Ibblebibble posted:

Dear sweet Jesus why does Omega have a huge queue now?

Get out all you drat game time whores.

Holy poo poo you weren't kidding. Wish i didnt have to travel on sundays.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I still throw out Dark Passenger on c/d but i rarely Dark Arts it anymore since its a huge cost now. I always Dark Arts Quietus though.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

MCH was my main dps in HW and i'm terrified to look at it since SB launched in case I hate it. I'm one of those weird people who loved 3.55 MCH and thought it was perfect.

However I am glad to hear people think its fun at 70 since that was the main reason I played MCH so much in HW. :unsmith:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Alakaiser posted:

It has changed less than it appears at first. The core rotation will feel very familiar if you were playing regularly during 3.5 (and machinist was the absolute poo poo during 3.5 so it's weirder not to like 3.5 machinist). The biggest bummers are that your wildfires are smaller, you have way less buttons to press (that was part of the appeal for me at least...), and gauss barrel is removed on death, even if you had it equipped and it wasn't overheating. Gauss barrel should really be a trait at this point. There are cases where you'd want to remove it intentionally, but they are reaaaaaaaaaaally rare, especially since there's a cooldown after manually removing it before you can reapply it.

edit: It's really dull before 70 (Or 64/66, depending on your point of view). Before 60 it's all kind of bad. It reminds me of black mage during ARR in that respect.

Actually I really liked BLM in ARR so this sounds all good to me. I haven't tried SB BLM yet either but from what i've seen it looks really good.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

SonicRulez posted:

Which zone is Ixion in?

The Lochs

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Can I just say that (Omega spoilers) that moment when you finish the instance before you start O1 and Omega is all like "hmm yes you pass you are now in the scrub division" and your character looks at the camera all pissed off is probably my favourite moment of SB so far.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Freaksaus posted:

- Do your GC hunting log

You can't do GC hunts until you get a job to 50 and unlock it.

Also adding to the above list: beast tribe quests which unlock at levels 41-44 are daily quests that give xp and tokens to trade for items.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

No no, not The Hunt. The Grand Company hunting log. You know, the one that makes you do Cutter's Cry and stuff.

I completely forgot this existed. I do remember it was terrible though, since more than likely you'd get a tank who wants to speedrun a dungeon and you end up killing only 2 of the thing you need and have to requeue just to kill one mob.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I still miss North Thanalan FATE farming.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I would murder serveral people if it meant that they would put an FFT-like minigame in the gold saucer.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Your Computer posted:

This discussion is why I rerolled from tank :(

You people urging me to join a FC, is it worth it even to join a random one for leveling? I'm guessing you get some passive bonuses. If I'm gonna play this game again I think I'd want to transfer to an European server, so no (re)joining the goon guild unless there's space on the new server goons fled to (still wanna know why I'm "too late" for that migration)

I.. . I just wanna play with the cool new jobs :negative:

"Too late" means that you missed your opportunity to switch servers while transfers were free, so now you can still switch but it'll cost you real human currency.

edit:

Kobata posted:

You can still make a new character and get the new character bonuses, but transfers are out.

Oh... well rip I guess.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

But...like.... there probably won't be many goons on there fyi.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Rainuwastaken posted:

Aquapolis 2 looks to be more of the same, but with some new gimmick coming in 4.1?

Apparently there's Rowena's new outfit and catfish minion to get in there, among other things. Can't wait to get screwed by RNG.

:swoon:

The lil catfish dudes were my favourite part of SB.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Omega has also had a pretty good clear rate of Susan with plenty of newbies along.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I did the ARR relic quest during 3.4-3.55 mainly to get the title and the nexus kettle. It wasn't too bad (compared to what it used to be) but man is it hard on the wallet for some phases. Think I dropped a million+ on the mb to get some items that you can only get with maxed out desynth. loving desynth! Anyways the nexus kettle monk fists were 100% worth all the bullshit.

As for the anima....eh. Unless you really want a different shiny glam and a minion.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

what kind of sick gently caress puts dps at the top of the party list instead of the dumpster pile at the bottom where they belong

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Wait you can overmeld with VI's?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Xun posted:

FYI two different euro statics still need healers! My group goes on Monday/thursday at 18 UTC / 19 BST / 20 ETC / 21 EEST. The other group goes 3 days a week at what looks like the same time? Either way pm me here or post in the catgirl bargains Eurovision raid contest thread if you're interested!

The threads called '4 Static Fiesta' now to avoid any confusion.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

PCD need to stop doing map parties before i get home fom work. <:mad:>

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I feel like the Kenki gauge for SAM is a bit too cumbersome for what it does. I can reduce the size but that also reduces the font of the number that shows how much Kenki I have which is kind of important to be able to see. For now my solution is to hide the blade part of the Kenki gauge behind the Sen gauge so that just the hilt of the sword is visible.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Colgate posted:

Question earlier to someone who mentioned it. I didn't realize manually placing Eos did things. What does that do exactly?

Fairy healing has a range like everything else. Eos won't be able to heal your ranged dps if they stay stuck in the corner of the room. Most of the time its not much of an issue since your fairy will stick to you by default and their range of healing matches yours. But by placing Eos near, say, where the boss is sitting, Eos will be able to focus on Embracing the MT while you can run around healing the dumb ranged dps or rezzing someone who is too far away.

I haven't gotten SCH passed level 60 yet but i'd imagine placing fairies will be useful for Fey Union.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

....healing.....other alliance.....members.....?????

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I don't think i've done a single exdr in the last 3 weeks that wasn't kugane castle.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Renegret posted:

last night I finally level 50 DRK. My favorite moment in leveling is hitting a big level break point like that. I went from il34 to il117 and over doubled all of my stats.

I did a quick 50DR which popped WP EX. I told the group that I was a fresh 50 tank but left out the part where I hit 50 Warrior in ARR when WPEX was in the EXDR rotation, that it's my favorite level 50 dungeon, and I know the whole place inside and out. The healer's reaction was real good when I pulled everything to the door.

The healer must have also been fresh because he was casting holy from the back line but I didn't bother looking because GOTTA PULL FAST

e: I also didn't bother correcting him because it was really funny

If you haven't done the 50 DRK quest, go do it right now.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

"People die when they are killed" {Ageha}{Just used it}

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

smh if you don't just run up and finish them off with the staff

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

tyblazitar posted:

At levels 3-25, at least, you have two skills that you use 95% of the time, and the second one just combos off the first to become the same attack, but slightly more powerful. You get a sneak attack you can use once per encounter, but it seems like you can't use it for most dungeon bosses which is where it'd actually be good. You also get an execute skill that's useless against most mobs since once it's active you kill them with your next attack regardless. Finally, you have a 3s stun which I mainly use to give my fingers something to do while waiting for the GCD. I was hoping it'd explosively open up once I get ninja, if it takes until 40+ I'm not sure I can be bothered.

You get Mudras at 30+ which definitely make it more interesting and will give you something to do during gcd.

Have you looked into Palace of the Dead yet? You can unlock it at around level 15 iirc in Quarrymill. It will let you try any clas you've unlocked starting at level one and quickly gaining levels (which fyi don't translate to your actual level outside the palace). It's fairly fast to get to level 60 in PotD and get a much better feel for how the class will play at higher levels. As a bonus, once you unlock floors 50+ once, you can start at floor 51 with any other class/job and it will automatically start you at level 60 with all the class skills available (not sure if it also gives you job skills if you haven't got the crystal).

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

It'll turn out that the translators messed up and misheard the title of the new raid: Return to Evil Lyse

Lyse goes on a rampage and it's up to the WoL to stop her before it's too late

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

That glamour owns. What helmet is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Orvin posted:

I have just started playing this again, after playing for a short while a couple years ago on PC. Anyone have a recommendation for a keyboard to use with a PS4? I really like the controller for combat, but typing anything into chat with the controller kinda sucks.

Literally just stick any usb keyboard into it and it should work. I had a 10yo dell keyboard that worked perfectly for chatting. The only keybaord that didnt work for me was a lovely 3rd party one I ordered from japan.

Bluetooth keyboards also work if those are your jam.