Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I saw the dragoon tether buff for the first time and I kept running away from them because I thought it was a burning chains mechanic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slev
Apr 6, 2009

homeless snail posted:

There's nothing in this game that doesn't work on controller, really.

You'll never be a top lords of verminion player

slev
Apr 6, 2009

SonicRulez posted:

The Good:
-Bhavacakra shall hit even harder which is fun for me. Please continue buffing ninja.

It got nerfed if it was doing physical damage before, meaning it would be affected by slashing debuff & the nin poison trait. It hits something like 120 potency less

slev
Apr 6, 2009

You should be mashing spacebar so much you can't even see the running animation.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I'd love to know what dumb nin rotation SE was using, because the current rotation was pretty obvious given the abilities nin has.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

dipple posted:

It's a trivial amount of damage and with the way the boss constantly spins I'd rather eat it and not engage with that mechanic at all.

The damage down debuff it gives is a bigger problem than the damage it does

slev
Apr 6, 2009

has someone discovered the number where crit becomes better than direct hit yet

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Positionals are good

slev
Apr 6, 2009

It's funny how much your win rate skyrockets in frontlines if you aren't in flames and don't freelance.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

wiped at pug catastrophe savage to enrage at 1 percent because a dps hosed up one of the gimme antilights, so loving annoyed

If you are hitting enrage it is probably because of more than one dps loving up in the fight

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I see AST will still be garbage in pvp

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Ixion is one of the ugliest mounts in the game

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I don't think I've gone in my apartment since a week after they got opened

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Leofish posted:

I once got the off tank cleave in Lakshmi Ex as a Red Mage in a PF group. Fortunately I was already in a position to keep it from cleaving the raid, but that little marker over my head gave me a heck of a start.

I feel like I should have gotten comms for that, but I didn't. I did win the casting ring on a Need roll of 1, though, because I was the only caster! :v:

That's my story.

You aren't going to get comms in PF regardless

slev
Apr 6, 2009

That change to targeting might be the best thing they have ever done

slev
Apr 6, 2009

is there a more boring boss than Yojimbo for a dungeon that isn't like level 20

slev
Apr 6, 2009

New gold saucer mount is good

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Make housing require a high feast rank

slev
Apr 6, 2009

As they decide to keep making the collars of all armor higher and higher they have no choice but to make all new hairstyles short or so bad no one will use them.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

SonicRulez posted:

Is there any worse feeling than trying to figure out when to Ten Chi Jin on a new boss and getting it wrong every single time?

That ability just feels bad to use regardless

slev
Apr 6, 2009

After playing it for a while at 70 rdm is kinda boring as gently caress

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I did all side quests because I can't handle going into a zone and seeing an exclamation point marker sitting there

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

When does Chocobo Racing get fun? My fifth bird is somehow even worse than my fourth. :smith:

Never

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Ninja was fun but then they added TCJ and now it is less fun.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

SonicRulez posted:

I've been seeing a number of NINs using Doton in their single target rotation. Did something change from 60 to 70 that makes that the right call?

If they are doing the doton combo in TCJ it should be more damage than the suiton combo as long as it ticks for the full duration. If they are doing it without TCJ I'm pretty sure it is just a bad idea.

You should really be using TCJ to set up trick attack whenever you can though.

slev fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Oct 31, 2017

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Spire me

slev
Apr 6, 2009

i exclusively goad red mages after they melee

slev
Apr 6, 2009

People never targeting the towers is going to be real fun in this new pvp mode

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I've played rival wings 15 times and still haven't seen any match end before the time limit

slev
Apr 6, 2009

hmm I think Rival Wings is bad

slev
Apr 6, 2009

mobas stink

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Limsa is like the only place I see RMT spam anymore so I tend to avoid it.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

DRG sounds awful to play if your latency is bad enough that you can't double weave.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

That MSQ roulette change is the laziest poo poo

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Nin is better until 70 when you get TCJ and then it is worse

slev
Apr 6, 2009

They need to take sword oath off the global cooldown already

slev
Apr 6, 2009

troofs posted:

Staring at your bars too much is a deadly disease that affects many innocent DPS players. Please donate to my foundation.

I got through o6s as dps by basically staring at my bars

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Neo is way less of an rear end in a top hat than regular exdeath

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Almost everything introduced in the minor patches ends up terrible and dead in a week. Can't wait for the blitzball reskin of lords of verminion in 4.35

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Rdm is the easiest dps by far but I still hate impact.