Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

I use my powerful brain to determine gimmicks in fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

I cant believe there are cowards in this thread endorsing not tanking bone dragon in the bone zone

strong bird
May 12, 2009

not deep enough. drown em

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Countblanc posted:

The coward YoshiP must remove Verraise.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Ferrinus posted:

I guess because they used to have marginally worse caster stats and no one bothered to change after Piety became healer-only.

I knew they were pedophiles, but powergamers too???

strong bird
May 12, 2009

We didnt have enough new dps classes last expansion. We apologize. Here is another

strong bird
May 12, 2009

They made it ranged dps just so they could make it exactly like bard and gun guy

strong bird
May 12, 2009

they should have designed, developed and implemented a new healer class for the first time in 3 years or whatever instead of a new dps class when we just got 3 last expansion

strong bird
May 12, 2009

They should have made a new healer class

strong bird
May 12, 2009

the cat boys are already very gay so theres really no issue there. the real concern is that there isnt a new healer class for the second consecutive expansion pack after they added three dps classes last expansion

strong bird
May 12, 2009

please look forward to nagalla bookslates of continuity *laughs*

strong bird
May 12, 2009

healers will adjust to playing the same of 3 years old classes come the relesae of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm REborn: Heavensward: Stormblood: Shadowbringer

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Did they announce a new healer yet

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Hogama posted:

We should get a preview of all the dungeons before the expansion's actually out.

Heavensward's Dungeon Crawl was shown at the same time as the Job Actions trailer (both on May 21st)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGcvnNOe34k
But Stormblood's Dungeon Crawl was delayed until less than a handful of days before Early Access (June 16th; June 20th was EA)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na-cExYo5_g

Given everything on their plate, I'd expect the Shadowbringers one to release more like Stormblood's.

There isnt that much on their plate, they arent even making a new healer

strong bird
May 12, 2009

the stream has been cursed because they didnt make a new healer class

strong bird
May 12, 2009

looking forward to using my 50 potency single target DoT at level 80

strong bird
May 12, 2009

the mana and attack speed cards were very good. the damage card was obviously the ace but now you dont need to worry about that, you can increase someones damage by 3% in between casting broil x for the 500th time

strong bird
May 12, 2009

part of why this is so bad and poorly thought out is that there hasnt been a new healer in 2 years or whatever because they wanted to rebalance the existing ones. they did that by making them all exactly the same with 1 defining gimmick (except whm and sch are the same (aetherflow == lilies))

strong bird
May 12, 2009

and to top it all off the crit shield from adlo is a different buff which isnt spread by deployment tactics, just to ensure that that spell wont be used to unfairly give sch an advantage

strong bird
May 12, 2009

im not sure what im going to play yet but it its probably not going to be ast, the class with no spells

strong bird
May 12, 2009

yoshida p must hang for these actual, genuine Gamer Crimes

strong bird
May 12, 2009

its extremely obvious that nobody on the core design team plays a healer at a high level, theres no way to get to the conclusions they did otherwise

strong bird
May 12, 2009

makes sense that theyre adding the system to have bot healers since it will be necessary

strong bird
May 12, 2009

The bots we added just didn't understand the concept of 'fun'. So we removed all the spells they deemed to be superfluous.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

I don't plan on playing the classes they made 100% verifiably more boring so it doesn't effect me. Also anyone who does play those classes should suck it up.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

dungeons are better than potd because potd is bad and isnt fun and some dungeons are. god bless and add a new healer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Vermain posted:

Koji was pulling something in the 80-100 hour range per week during the latter half of Heavensward's development. The consistent rate of high-quality content they put out is already an anomaly in the MMO industry as it is, and I'd rather they cut down the quantity over working themselves to death.

not me, i get to play it when its all done so i want more and i can easily ignore what goes into it. im sure theyre all making a good living and will be able to retire with generous benefits in the next decade or so assuming the island of japan doesnt fall into the sea or get destroyed in a nuclear war

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)