Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Vermain posted:

I'm really hoping they'll make the Trust system open enough that they can just start adding in dudes like Hoary Boulder as potential Trusts you can take along. There's a lot of side characters throughout the story that it'd be nice to see more often, and Trusts seem like the perfect excuse to drag 'em into the limelight again.

This would rule. Trusts in XI are such a robust system they've also become another sort of goal in the game, like they put dozens and dozens of trusts behind all the different content and it encourages people to do stuff they otherwise wouldn't to get them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Whatever the music for Arboretum HM is, that's what I'm using for my cozy study apartment.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Shellman posted:

gently caress yes.

I'm a little bummed about this quote though!

...makes me wonder if the short stories are non-canon or what.

e: gently caress it. Summer is almost here. Summertime glam post.

Not enough cute midlanders itt, kudos to you.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I feel sorry for Yoshi-P, having to deal with people demanding and hating on him for not including manly women and twinky boys or literal children characters. You can tell he gets uncomfortable whenever that poo poo gets brought up.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Cabbit posted:

Conflating the people who want those first two things with the creeps who want the third, wow! Really upping your terrible poster game quite a lot!

I see the same people that have been crying about the lack of twinky bunny boys crying about the lack of playable child miqote and kid rabbits. :shrug:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So each class is only getting like one new quest for ShB? Or did I hear wrong?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

UHD posted:

as someone who never played fft or ff 12 i thought the raids were fine in a vacuum but ho boy did it send the fanboys and fangirls into a frenzy like nothing before it

"guys what if EE-VA-LEECE IS REAL"

Lol, wait for the Nier fanboys then because they're much worse.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Krabboss posted:

I've skipped every cutscene I possibly can, clicked rapidly through all dialogue and play the game muted 99.9% of the time. I would do new game plus if it awarded something nice, but it definitely won't.

you suck

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I just don't see the appeal of playing without caring for the story or music or setting.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Lol at anyone who gets upset over a fat bird.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Did they mention anything about extra character slots what with the new races?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Yeah, WoW isn't in a good place right now and that's from someone who enjoys it and still plays it. Of course the people who are still playing don't miss a chance to say how lovely FF14 is because it's too slow, too asian, too boring, etc. but a loooot of players have jumped ship after BFA. There's a lot of diehard fans that think Classic will herald in the rebirth of the game but I think they're vastly overestimating how many people will play Classic for more than a curious evening or two.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
There are rumors that WoW is gonna start doing a "level squish" to try and curb all the poking fun of players being such high level, as in they'll crunch everyone back to 60 but keep the stats and make levels more meaningful. It could work.. if anyone but Blizzard was doing it. I'm almost certain it'll damage the part of the community that likes running old content somehow, any time they mess with stats it happens, and they don't seem to care because WoW's devs seem determined to keep the "the game REALLY starts at level cap" thing going forever.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Isn't FFXVI supposed to be a single player game, anyway? Why would it being hinted at (or even being released) mean XIV was going to stop getting updates?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Dr Pepper posted:

Actually XI is still getting updates.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/55525?_ga=2.133190990.1155679271.1560900445-87324258.1560900445

This is the lastest update, earlier this month. Which added a new fight and job adjustments. It's not getting any major expansions from the looks of it, but there's still gradually new stuff being added.

IIRC they hinted at a major change/update coming in the future for the 20th anniversary of the game, which would be in 2023 I think? So the game will be here until at least then, at which point it's either getting another expansion or they're finally releasing the mobile version of the game.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
They should add a cast bar to every ability, ranged and melee.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Wylie posted:

It is currently impossible to create a new character on any world in either the Primal or Aether data centers.

You snooze you lose.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Zoig posted:

I would be happy with crystal just getting more people on it

It's not like we're hurting for people, guy.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I once got put in with a 3 stack for Bardam's Mettle with a group that were all named after FFXV characters, and they kept talking in party chat like the characters, and we coudn't beat the final boss. Also I was the only one to survive the mechanics boss.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Be excellent to each other, talk poo poo in private with your friends.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
queue with friends

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Can someone explain the RDM changes to me like I'm an idiot? What's different about the rotation?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Leal posted:

I've posted a few times about this player who has sent me tells requesting I strip down my character, including them asking again a year and a half later. While going through my ff14 screenshot folder (over 1k screenshots!) I found this, and yes, it was them, again.

What server

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Mayor McCheese posted:

My female lalafell has been called adorable exactly once, and the thing I get asked most often is "what is on your face." I only play on console these days, but here's some old screens with me and my friend being potatoes:

Lewd.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

somepartsareme posted:

remember that terrible article from the guy who went to fanfest and treated it like he was seeing aliens and he thought haurchefant was ffxiv's vilerat

Rock Paper Shotgun is garbage.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

The Berzerker posted:

On the one hand I'd like to play with goons, on the other hand sitting here clicking refresh every three minutes is making me feel like an idiot for buying this at all. The idea that I should stay up until the middle of the night to finish character creation is pretty funny though.

What are the peak hours?

There are goons on the Crystal data center as well, just not nearly as many.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Hoping the nerds behind the sites where you just plug in your crafting stats and it makes a macro for you update their poo poo fast because I can't wrap my head around these changes.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Looks like the 8.2 patch isn't being received very well over in WoW, so expect even more WoW refugees for ShB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

orcane posted:

They really rolled 70DR into 50/60/70DR :psyduck:

So now you can get interesting dungeons where you can actually use your abilities. Or you might get level 50 trash fires like WP hard. I wonder if the rewards are still poo poo.

WP Hard rules. It has awesome music.