Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Saint Freak posted:

Flamethrowers all the way at 70. :/

Need a reason to level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

they cleaned the preliminary patch notes out and added a link on the page to the full patch notes, except the link doesn't go anywhere. :allears:

Works for me.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/296b070f41c0e0dedae24de50ae7c51abfa95055

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Verranicus posted:

Trip report from Stormblood: Roegadyn women still ugliest race/sex combo

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Sounds like they don't want the instance server crashing, which would prevent anyone from being able to get into an instance.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Lemon King posted:

Sounds like they don't want the instance server crashing, which would prevent anyone from being able to get into an instance.

And servers crashed.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Got kicked. 1000 person queue now. :smith:

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/FFXIV_NEWS_EN/status/877400794500177920

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm learning that as rdm, you have to be hella careful about using your melee combo on players, because they can just run away into their team blob and your choices are to run into your certain death trying to finish the combo, or bugging out and swallowing the fact that you just spent 75 mana on one hit

Use your snare before you begin your combo.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

So as of Stormblood, I can confirm the bug used to modify any characters in the following way is now fixed and can no longer be reproduced.
Plus I can finally share some character creation findings. :toot:

Cutscene Only Skin Tone
Used early on in the Black Mage class quest starter and the Hildebrand questline for the unknown antagonist.
A grey skin color also exists.

Crystal Tower Red Eyes
Only seen during the Crystal Tower Questline on G'raha Tia and the Royal Clones.

Mide's Blue Eyes
Bright blue eye color unique to Mide.

Bright Red Hair
Debug Color? Never seen ingame.

Hidden Highlights
Never seen ingame, however 16 unique highlights could be found.
Pictured is Bright Yellow on White, more can be seen in other photos in this post.

Unique Lipcolor
A very dark red lip color could also be found, most likely for a cutscene NPC.

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jul 8, 2017

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Brainamp posted:

Was this stuff that only appeared during chargen, or could other people see the weirdness as well?

Everyone can see it.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

A Spider Covets posted:

If people did this before it was fixed will they still have those features? So cool and I'm jealous I never knew.

E: also I'm guessing you can't replicate them by downloading the appearance data of a character that has any of these features and loading it in the creator? I love messing with chargen.

Yes.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Oh we're doing photos.
Well, here's my Purple Pineapple Snowflake.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

brand engager posted:

summoner

is good

Thats always so cool to see.
But I don't have a PhD in Piano Studies, so I'm having fun being stabby with Red Mage.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Edmond Dantes posted:

Just one more question before I pull the trigger: Do black mages get better looking stuff down the line? Because the job preview gear is awful, and I'm currently rocking something that makes me look like a cat nun. :catstare:

If you ever get the chance to do World of Darkness, you can find some good looking BLM gear.
https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/File:World_of_darkness_caster_gear1.jpg

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jul 5, 2017

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Vitamean posted:

God I spent the majority of this morning trying to sort out my feelings about Omega, and I think this hits it pretty well. I love FFV, and initially seeing a handful of bosses in-game was a nice surprise, but I think the magic wore off really quickly. I hadn't thought about how it's separate physically from the rest of the world, but that's exactly it. Why should I care about the Dimensional Castle? It's a cool visual reference, but it has no presence in Eorzea like CT did.

Also there's just something a bit disappointing about not being surprised by boss designs. After V2.0 confirmed that all the bosses would be from FFV the only real surprise for me was that the V4.0 boss appears now when I expected it down the line.

But Omega is a boss in a room, much like Bahamut and not Crystal Tower. Wouldn't Return to Ivalace be closer to Crystal Tower as a 24man raid?

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jul 5, 2017

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

As someone who raided back in Vanilla, how the gently caress did we ever manage to get 40 people raiding at the same time? It's loving baffling to me.

At one point my guild was running simultaneous Molten Core runs. 80 loving people raiding at once. I don't know how we did it.

Problem was raiding back in Vanilla WoW you had half the raid carrying the other half and you always over recruited so you had 50+ members with some to spare incase if some members in your core raid team were missing.

Also, have what may be the reason why the servers be going down tonight.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Rainuwastaken posted:

Huh, I remember people posting screens of similar hair colors (and pitch black skin tone) around 4.0, saying that it got patched out. I'm guessing that's not the case, whatever that is?

That was me, shortly after I had made that post I found another bug.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

FillInTheBlank posted:

Tell me your secrets.

I told Square them. :P

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

After a few months of grinding, I finally have the Archon Throne.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Drizvolta posted:

It's a good mount but it would be even better if it played either gubal theme :argh:

Turned on the music to hear and yeah it needs a different theme.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Thumbtacks posted:

Wait how did you get your hair like that?

There is a bug in the character creator, I've already made a bug report and opened a ticket about it for Square.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Guess who lost a fight with the tie die street vendor

I like to think I won.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Emalde posted:

I assume you're using 26, 4 (203) for the purple, for whatever reason it creates a different shade of purple for players than the NPC they originally used it for. Because it's a "valid" highlight, it interacts interestingly with the debug hair (the neon red thing, which is basically the equivalent to valve's black/purple checkerboard for the hair palette in this game) and creates that tiedye thing you have going on:

If you use the debug color for highlights, it creates an odd solid magenta thing that doesn't gradient into other colors as uh, specifically?

anyway idk how you're doing this but with a hex editor and some patience, anybody can get this rolling, and that includes for the weird eye/skin/etc tones. Not sure how they plan on dealing with characters who actually implement themselves using these off-limits customizations though.

Not really, its about playing with RGB color value blending.
Hair value: 255,0,0
Highlight value: 109,81,239
This makes it so Highlight's red color blending cannot be noticed which allows blue and green to blend clearly.

Use a vec3 lerp between these two and you'll get something like this gradient image here.

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jul 8, 2017

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Thumbtacks posted:

Not exactly, if you do that the game reverts it when you load the character, you have to do it when your character is open and online but the game is allowing you to make changes to your character appearance. There isn't a server side check for that, inexplicably.

Wait, what? :psyduck:

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Suspensions were put out yesterday for anyone using the character creation exploit.
However, much earlier this morning I received the following.

quote:

This notice is to inform your suspension of your FINAL FANTASY XIV service account registered to this e-mail for exploit use violations on 09-20-2017 was further reviewed. While your account was found in violation of the use of exploits, the information that you provided in your report regarding the situation was helpful to our services, so it was decided that the suspension on your account should be lifted and the violation will be taken off of your records. You should be able to access the game normally at this time.

However, while the intent behind this situation is understood, please do keep in mind that we do take the use of exploits very seriously, and we highly recommend avoiding the use of exploits under any circumstances.

We appreciate your efforts in reporting this concern, as well as your continued patronage.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Its so happy! :3:

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Countblanc posted:

also new gold saucer emotes

oh and because stirring the rumor pot is always fun for a few pages - a few days ago there were some pretty quickly disregarded leaks posted on reddit. i only remember three things though:

1) hydatos will add the Vermilion Cloak (pictured in the patch notes) and the Kirin's Osode from FFXI
2) there are no male viera and instead theres some big bara hairy cat boy race (sounded like a rakshasa sort of thing)
3) dancer is definitely the other ShB job

now dont get me wrong, predicting the vermilion cloak is a pretty tepid pull but if the osode is there too well, lol i guess

Been gone for a little over a year. Where were these leaks? Because Hulk Cats sound kinda cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Hogama posted:

The latest on the rumour mill front: apparently French players are seeing a bug where NPCs referred to their character as every race instead of their current one.

Some oddities of the situation elicited skepticism, so dataminers went in to look at the French localization.

These new racial references aren't in any of the other localizations.
So... we might actually have males and females for both Viera AND a second race? (Keep in mind, Blufever, who's been mostly accurate, never said Viera would be sex-locked, only that there was a second race; however, the presence of both masculine/feminine addresses doesn't necessarily mean both are used, either).

This isn't totally unrealistic and I wouldn't be surprised if both races have gender translations, even if not used, to prevent bugs from popping up.