Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Vermain posted:

He thinks, essentially, that you've been spoiled rotten by your gifts and haven't really accomplished anything on your own. He makes a deal with Hydaelyn to strip you of your blessing of Light (the thing that protects you from the power of the Ascians) and turn its aether into a new, physical form that he can follow you around with. After your meeting with Tiamat, he becomes convinced you're the real deal, and you regain the blessing.

I thought we were regaining the blessing on our own.

It was just an excuse to kill off Moenbryda and had no actual bearing on anything else in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

MechaCrash posted:

One of the cool things is that the Paladin quests can acknowledge "yeah you met this guys before." For example, one of the NPCs is a guy who asked you to make him a sword in the Blacksmith quests, and when you run into him he says "hey you made me a rad sword, but I won't dishonor it or you by going easy!". And I thought that was neat. Unfortunately, I doubt the recognition would go the other way, because that would require touching old content, and old content has cooties.

That was a great callback and I'm glad I took the time to level the crafting classes before Stormblood. Though when Nanamo mentioned founding an Ala Mhigan jewelers' school in the MSQ, I felt guilty for not having done the Stormblood Goldsmith quests yet.

Biggest disappointment of the expansion is that they didn't feature Widargelt as a main character like Heavensward did Estinien.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Alakaiser posted:

That's fair; I haven't really played any melee DPS since ARR ninja so I don't really know much about it. I just like Hamon Holyfist.

He's back in the 60-70 questline for a minor appearance and just as good as ever.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Vanderdeath posted:

I did the HW PLD storyline just a few months ago and I'm struggling to recall any of it.

That's because nothing happened. What's his name from the ARR story faked his death and you follow the trail. There's a stolen sword he's retrieving, he gets it and you fight him to draw out its power.

Debated spoiling that because it doesn't feel like there's anything to spoil. Not like DRK's, which was awesome.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Guess it's time to buy up a bunch of PotD pedistals and complete the cube shrine.

Hommando posted:

Those prizes are awful.

Cat hat's good.

I glamour the mandragora choker onto things from time to time thanks to goons winning a bunch in a FC contest years ago.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Nessus posted:

Titan: Don't stand on the edge, just real close to it, and try not to get knocked off.

"Don't use your jumps on Titan as a Dragoon, you'll probably time it when he's doing his knockback and be animation locked."

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

You know what's better than getting a lowbie dungeon in Roulette?

Getting a lowbie dungeon with a Healer that does nothing but spam Cure. Even when most of the party has stacking poison debuffs. :shepicide:

Had to spam Cure last Brayflox I ran because the tank was wearing DoW and DoM gear. Got everyone through without dying but didn't get any comms :suicide:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Levi EX is really fun after learning the mechanics. It's like a dance.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Aside from the PLD skill, has this game had any nods to the disaster of a movie?

Safeword posted:

Just finished the Sylph area and gained a massive speed boost to my Chocobo, promptly zoomed off a cliff.

Do I need to think about my chocobo spec much, or will I eventually unlock all her abilities? Pushing her along the DPS tree at the moment to compliment my tank build, but healing feels like it'll be better for when I do DPS classes. Hrmm, choices.

Healbo. Birb works best as a health bump when you start taking bounties and doing beast tribes, even if you're healer it lets you focus more on killing enemies. As a bonus, the WHM barding you get at level 10 looks cute.

Kaubocks posted:

so you can watch videos on the side duh

Yeah, ambient music makes it harder to listen to ebooks and podcasts while fishing.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Wish the armoire could hold cosmetic quest rewards and nonseasonal cash shop stuff. Hate having to choose between the dresser, retainer slots or forgetting it exists with the salvager. Same for the Maelstrom hat and jacket; the old patriot garbage gets an armoire slot, why can't they?

TheHeadSage posted:

Finally finished the Namazu beast tribe and got the mount!

WASSHOI!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Frontline daily is worth showing up to, you get the tomestones win or lose. The PvP cosmetics are a bonus.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Safeword posted:

GLD story was a bit limp though. There was no actual arena combat.

They put it in the Stormblood PLD quest. I love PLD as a job but it's got one of the absolute worst stories until SB.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Really disappointed Kefka and Exdeath are just simulations and won't be real villains with actual story arcs in game.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Here is how you win The Great Hunt EX:

REMEMBER YOUR GODDAMN POTIONS JESUS. Stop sitting there with 10% health and going "la la la, healer's gonna cover me" when it's the second phase. Why is this so hard for people?

A lot of them are first timers, some of them are stunned.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Vincie posted:

He said that the Alphascape bosses will be FF1 Chaos, Midgardsormr, Omega, Adam and Eve which is wildly out of left field but if we get relevant outfits for Savage I would come out of raid retirement for those alone.

I would've guessed we'd get 7 bosses followed by Omega since we had 5 then 6.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

What is this from?

Think it was the dev room from the anniversary a couple years ago.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Alder posted:

Anyone else conflicted with fantasia just for glams? I've switched a few times but every time I see a new female glam I'm like this close to changing back but money. Somedays I just feel like wearing a pretty dress but player limitations.

I'll always have my retainers :sigh:

Now that squad glams are a thing there's another way to display your gender-locked gear and actually take it out into the field with command missions. It's given me an excuse to buy the old seasonal gear I couldn't equip myself and shove it into the armoire. Though I don't actually use it since I put my squad in Maelstrom gear. I've doubled down on ARR hunts because I must needs having my crew running around in the elite set.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Until it starts taking up 90% of your bag space.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

lol Zenos. Should I use my second chance to be a good person? Nah, I'll just go fight the WoL again.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Has anyone found out what the reward for getting to the very top of the tower is?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Thinking about what happened to Zenos' body. We know it's an Ascian, but which is it? My stupid guess: Zenos had merged with Shinryu, who was created using the eyes of Nidhogg, which were previously used by Thordan to devour Lahabrea's aether. I really hope it's him somehow, I want to see how much of a joke he still is with Zenos' strength.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm glad there's no achievement or anything and I'm free to spend the duration of the event catching up instead of jumping up a stupid tower.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Grimace posted:

...the original director of 1.0 before he got shoved to the side for being terrible?

That explains a lot.

An open world group monster hunting area would be a fun thing to do if it was done right, Eureka hasn't been that at all. Giving it its own level system, complete with deleveling, which hasn't been a thing in MMOs for over a decade, was the base mistake everything else has been built upon. I thought ARR and HW relics were a bit too grindy in places and maybe aside from books, Eureka has them beat.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I like how there's nothing of value in the app worth paying for. A retainer costs $2 a month on the mog station, so they're basically saying that having more bird bagspace and the ability to manage retainer inventories offline is worth $3 more than that. Paying real money every time you want to make or change a single MB listing is even worse. It feels like there was a mandate from Squenix to push a tie-in app with microtransactions and they just rushed out something only the world's biggest idiots would pay money for.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm honestly amazed that Onokoro is so dead. I thought it'd be the new Quarrymill.

If they give it a Kinna equivalent, people will be back. Everyone who had at least 100 tomestones in the currency tab by Monday night reset could be able to buy an i370 by the end of next week with a little effort so there's not much demand for the current HoH weapon. Also, the 60-70 grind isn't very hard on alt jobs.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Aug 15, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

For some reason I thought you'd be able to chat with your FC and your linkshells with the app. But you can only have 1on1 conversations with other people who have the app. This makes it absolutely useless to me

That would actually be useful and was what I expected when I opened the chat menu.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

They should just let us buy Eureka's tokens with PvP marks.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Cabbit posted:

Heavensward is probably one of the best FF plots, anyway. I wish I could just replay that entire experience whenever I wanted to.

This. Same for Hildy's quests.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Should've just let it happen then merge that world with the Void. Turn problems into solutions.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

isk posted:

New minion

Perfect minion for cosplaying The Tick.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I really hope the capy minion is from something reasonable and not Eureka.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Wonder how much MGP Mr Sneezy is going to cost.

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Vase Off sucked. Good riddance imo.

I hate Time of My Life more but agreed.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You can guess at skinchange fairly quickly and when the differences are obvious it's an easy win.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

dolphinbomb posted:

A TO THE L TO THE E-X ANDER

Alex Prime is still my favorite 8-man raid boss

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Leofish posted:

Pharos Sirius and Copperbell Hard are two walls I've hit in command missions. The Zu is a huge pain with a squad and I haven't been able to clear the first boss in Copperbell at all before the bridge catches fire and the bombs wipe me.

Aurum Vale, on the other hand was... :mmmhmm: piss easy :mmmhmm: with a squad, I found.

Tonberry King was also pretty bad with a squad and I wish I could give them more precise orders.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Do whatever you want. Make a hundred gil or a thousand, whatever clears out the inventory.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I really need to purge my bags of crafting mats.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

BLU is fun, even if it can't play the actual content.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'd love to get an FFX instance/series of trials so we can have FFXIV versions of FFX music, plus I want the blitzball players' prayer as an emote.

Koji's probably been waiting a long time to slip a Simpsons joke into the FFX raid localization.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

CYBEReris posted:

I think one of the things that plays into tanxiety is the uncertainty of whether your gear will be sufficient, especially after the awkward halfway-point of an expansion where your tomestone gear starts to fall off, and at cap before you've farmed the literally 100 ilvls between starter and relevant gear.

I know I'm way behind at this point. I'll probably beg in DGKK for a few carries later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Boogalo posted:

ARR was a mess of one marker doing different things in different fights so thank god they cut that poo poo out.

I like having AoE markers that say things like "stack up to split damage", "put someone on the point so the damage doesn't hit the entire party" or "don't look at this when it goes off". Gives the battles depth.