Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Captain Oblivious posted:

That is literally what the text of the game says so yes

Did they ever say why it would only work if we didn't know what it did?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

TheRagamuffin posted:

Has Lustrate always had a 1s recast? I swear I remember being able to (accidentally or otherwise) dump all my aetherflow in like a second by mashing the button...

Yeah it has been.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

I just triplecast through it as BLM because I CBA to slot Surecast and stop casting long enough to ensure the anti-knockback effect works

Btw, surecast doesn't wear off if you're casting spells that don't have cast times, so you can triple and then surecast and keep the anti-knockback effects while triple is up.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

KoB posted:

What does snapshot mean? That it updates the dots on your current buffs/debuff or that it extends the original potency when first applied?

Similarly, should I use the Samurai Kenki potency buff on the dot Iaijutsu? Does that increase dot potency?

(Sorry I never remember many skill names.)

Snapshot means that when you use the dot, it takes what your current buffs/debuffs are and applies the dot at that level for the entire duration of the dot. So even if you had 1 second left on raging strikes as you use iron jaws, the dots will do +20% damage for the entire duration of the dot. It'll update the dot based on current buffs at the point it was applied but only at that point.