Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

how much effort would it take to bring fsh from 55 to 70? i haven't fished in forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

im excited because now i can spend an hour or two a day grinding cracked clusters instead of running to S ranks and having the zone lag out because there's 400 people there.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

lemon king is the worst poster in the thread because he has all these cool character creator tricks and doesnt share them

Cythereal posted:

I don't mind fanservice as long as it's tasteful, but this is just shameless and makes me much less comfortable with the game. Laughing at bikini sets is one thing when there's ready access to transmog to hide it.

you are being extremely weird and making it weirder than it has to be.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

BRD is a dynamic piano simulator while bringing a lot of useful and fun-to-use utility to the party.

bard is pretty much old ret paladin from wow (very proc-heavy, reactionary gameplay) with some extra utility and a few more buttons. it's simpler than most people make it out to be. it's pretty fun too.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

SirPhoebos posted:

PLD is bae right now. That may or may not persist, but I don't think it'll get significantly weaker before we get the next expansion. That said, PLD is still has a bit of a :shepicide: feel to leveling (this is based on the lldr runs where I don't have RA available.)

1200 base potency flash makes life easy

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

What's the general consensus on the melee DPS classes? I made an alt on Excalibur recently and I'm looking to buy a level 60 jump potion, and since as I've only really played SMN, PLD, and AST on my main, I thought I'd try something different this time. Obviously raw damage output is going to change from patch to patch, but I'd rather not spend $25 on a jump and then find out that the class is going to feel like it's missing a button or three until I hit level 70 on it. I'm kind of thinking NIN at the moment, but I'm indecisive about these things.

NIN is very complete and the post-60 stuff is just overall nice additions, but you won't feel bad without it.

Source: I boosted a NIN.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Kakesu posted:

mistakes were made in this susano ex learning party

no that looks like you're doing it right

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Reiterpallasch posted:

your weekly reminder that manashifting your bard is cool, and good, and you should do it

i enjoy my 41 second foe's requiems and so does my group

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

So I bought the item to make my BLM automatically lvl 60 and am having trouble with other players messing up my rotation. So far I've got the following down:
Sharpcast > Fire > Flare > Convert > Flare > Transpose > Swiftcast > Flare > Elixir (item) > Flare

As the last flare is casting I yell at the other caster to give me mana so I can cast Flare again but they often say they don't have the ability on their bar. Is there a way to get these players reported for having the wrong job skills? If I don't get that 5th flare in it really tanks my dps and I feel that people are being really selfish with their mana

source your quotes because i want to see the loving OF thread this is from lmao

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

im 8 years old mentally and this post made me laugh

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Ninja is fun but I am spectacularly good at turning my Ten Chi Jin into a bloody mechanics magnet. NIN is the new BLM, it seems :v:

almost all of this is 'learning the fight' and knowing when to do things. susano is casting ukehi or stormsplitter? ten chi jin. you're just about to break someone out of the rocks? don't loving do it because you're going to be moving for lightning.

this is basically the same thing as when one of my rdm friends goes 'ARGH MY MELEE COMBO' when they start it during the middle of mechanics and they get stoned/stunned/have to run away from the boss/frogged/etc.

like, the bosses are generally in pretty set patterns of poo poo. don't start your melee combo when halicarnassus drops the playing field in p2, because she's going to frog after it (or do it and just actually pay attention to her facing indicator)

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Reiterpallasch posted:

fc chat is also telling me that it's possible to level jump jobs you haven't unlocked, which i think actually does make this possible

i jumped nin on my alt so im 66 nin 1 lnc

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/18253424/

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Jinh posted:

unless i'm at 100/100,

:crossarms:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

i am on a preferred world with a friend and have the road to 60 buff. if i transfer to another preferred world (on the same dc, if it matters) do i keep the road to 60 buff or do i lose it?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Ither posted:

I wonder if 5.0 is going to be the last expansion.

I mean, after the Empire/Ascians, what's next? It seems like all the lingering plot lines will have been resolved.

6.0 is Battle for Eorzea, war erupts between the city states. firm faction divide based upon the city state you chose at character creation and introduction of open world pvp.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

funkymonks posted:

The overall story of ARR is pretty good but the pacing is garbage. If they condensed ARR down it would be solid.

I have been told they plan on condensing ARR and reducing some of the fetch quests and combining them together. I was never given a source, just told it was on a live letter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Too many belts.

it's a final fantasy game, if anything there aren't enough