Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Got in to levelling roulette. This has to be the first time I was happy to see Toto Rak as I loaded in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

sunken fleet posted:

Why are people emoting at the NPCs in the first place? A lot of role players play this game or something? :lol:

It's more likely persistent emotes like /sit that are causing it just because of the change from ground to water.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Riftling posted:

FWIW there has consistently been 15-20% more SAM players than RDM progressing through the levels on Excalibur since launch. I'm curious what the dropoff is going to look like on both classes in a couple months.

It'll level itself out eventually, much like Ninja and Machinist before it. AST and DRK, too.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
I really hope the new dungeons are faster than the hw leveling dungeons. They were good but so slow to complete.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I'm getting the sense that SAM isn't actually very good for PVP. Though the range I can hit people with the super duper slash attack is astonishing and folks underestimate it.

I went 1/2/16 in my first match as a SAM and that's about what I was doing on NIN. I think I'm just bad at pvp

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Farg posted:

They did better than singularity reactor

You have no idea how hype this makes me.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

SwissArmyDruid posted:

SUSANO'O WAS GREAT. 10/10 WOULD INTERCEPT GIANT SWORDS WITH MY FACE AGAIN. Although does it seem like last expansion's gear may not last quite as long into the expansion this time around?

I can't wait until I get to 70 and start doing EX.

Last expansion's BiS will last about 64 instead of 56 this time around, I hear.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm waiting for the Steam Sale before I pull the trigger on this, but I'm definitely interested in trying this game out. I had my eye on it like a couple years ago, but didn't want to commit to the monthly fee. Now I don't care and I want to play a cool MMO :v:

Are all the classes/jobs pretty decent? I'm kind of waffling between going for Ninja or Summoner first, but I'm open to suggestions.

Summoner got hit real hard by the nerf hammer. Still, no class will feel underpowered so give them both a shot and see which you like more.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Eopia posted:

That... would make a lot of sense. Absolutely no one but Alphinaud, Alisaie, and yourself should even know you fought Bahamut if you did Coils after all.

Urianger knows as well.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
Where do I find my progress on the third garo mount? I've got the gold and silver horses but not sure how to get the black one.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

KoB posted:

You need a more wins in either mode.

Oh, cool, both count. I'm still not sure where to find the progress on the cheevo, though. Looked everywhere for the achievement that gives it.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Depths posted:

Is there a guide for the most efficient way to level the DoH?

Before level 15, just make 1 of everything for the completion bonus. After that, if you don't care how long it takes, use daily GC turn ins and buy the item at high quality or just ask a friend to make it for you. If you're rushing, use leves. Before 50, you'll want to use the ones that make you deliver an item to another location. The ones needing three items are repeatable so they're actually rather efficient on allowances but not your wallet or time of you're crafting them yourself.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

isk posted:

Temple of the Fist, 2nd boss -

I broke 20k at 51. Felt real good.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Clarste posted:

I always thought it was a bus.

A man the size of a bus.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

FortMan posted:

Make me wonder sometime about how much knowledge about the Eikon Slayer is widespread among Garlean military. And if it is widespread, why have they not advance rapidly in the different direction at the sight of the walking WMD and his/her similarly deadly companions.

Despite your strength, you are still mortal and multiple garleans have been able to go toe to toe with you. They may take notice after stormblood, though.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Squashing Machine posted:

Joker, you have to cast Verraise on the bad DPS or our raid's gonna wipe

You had to learn Red Magic somehow. Who taught you?!

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Erp mistells are the best thing.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
Magitek Knight? I mean, I can see us learning garlemald's fighting style and magic replacement if we actually go there. Hell, if Nero stays on Garlond Ironworks, he could share a thing or two about the fighting style.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

LordHippoman posted:

Alright, is there any good advice for dodging AOEs in this game aside from just "reflexes"? I just caused like, three wipes healing Titan because of that drat Landslide. I feel like movement is tricky, and it seemed like I dodged a few that ended up hitting me. I know about the cast bar not matching the animation, but should I be turning and running forward? Sidestepping? Or do I just need to practice until I get it down?

Switch the keybinds for turning and stafing you're on mouse and keyboard. Make turn q and e while strafe is on a and d. Holding the right mouse button helps keep the camera in place as well.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Arzachel posted:

Why do people bind poo poo to number keys past 5?

Because I use an mmo mouse. It works for me at least.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

I really hope the next two chunks of Omega aren't all FFV related. I appreciate that it's fanservice but I haven't played that game and I feel like I'm missing out a whole bunch! I love Omega itself though and the Tournament of Power poo poo we've got going on is extremely my jam.

It'll probably be a different final fantasy title since we got Exdeath. I actually kinda hope for Safer Sephiroth as an Omega fight even if I'm not a huge fan of FF7. Supernova would look kickass. Necron would be real interesting to see as well.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Free Triangle posted:

Where's my Alpha pet.

4.4, probably. Please look forward to it.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

SonicRulez posted:

It was a few pages back, but I wanted to say the Rogue 1-30 class line is pretty good. I liked the NIN stuff too. I haven't gotten into the PLD 60-70 stuff yet, but the 50-60 stuff was dreadful, so I have no hope. SMN was pretty neat all the way through. I remember a smooth gently caress all about ACN 1-30, so that must not've been all that hot.

ACN 1-30 is about spergy cats and beating up a pirate slaver.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Freaksaus posted:

I've had my SAM at 70 for a while no and am slowly leveling my white mage through roulettes and maybe a dungeon run or two every day. It's been fine up till yesterday when I hit level 65 and figured I might as well do some runs of Bardam’s Mettle. I had full level 64 hq left side gear, but there were times when all I could do to keep the tank alive was Cure2 spamming in between other cooldowns. This happened on two different runs, but in both cases the tanks were still using the augmented shire gear.

All my Shisui runs were mostly healing with Tetra, Regen and Assize, but that doesn't seem to cut it anymore. Is this just the point where the base defense on the SB gear is just so much better that people still using the Shire gear get smashed?

Yeah, Shire gear starts to show its age at 64.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
I know it was two pages back but the woman on the Adders recruitment poster is Nophica, The Matron. :goonsay:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Even then, it's likely to be 4.1x rather than straight up 4.1

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Rainuwastaken posted:

Personally, my money is on Flamerus Rex, if only so that we can get some Mystic Quest music up in this game.

I didn't know how much I wanted this until now.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Samael posted:

Cleared the bottom floor of Canals!

The namazu minion dropped along with a lot of VI materia and very expensive materials scattered throughout the run. The random encounters include a sneaky namazu which drops just crystals as far as we know and a giant which when kill drops a bunch of VI materia.

Most interesting is we got to the bottom floor before and there were already a boss sitting there, of a element (first time, wind, second time, ice) and the element of wind destroyed our 5 man party reasonably easily.

We gathered a few more FC members and went as a full 8 man and completed it in style. It's definitely worth a run.

The Thunderbeast isn't too bad. I saw the boss just sitting there and had a moment of "Oh god, we're gonna die".

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

a kitten posted:

These might come in handy.

Some good macros right there.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Draxion posted:

what the hell

I thought I was a pretty bad dragoon but at least I've used Fang and Claw and Whirling Thrust ever in my life

If you push a button on cd, you're in the median range for dps.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Arzachel posted:

That's probably not going to happen thanks to the horrifiying mess of backend code they're dealing with.

Honestly, I'm surprised Raubahn Ex was one of the only major problems in Stormblood.

Man am I loving glad I don't have to hear that theme that much anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
I really liked Automata. The combat outside of B route mechanics was good but man did I have to just sit down and think after some points.

Thank you for the flowers.