Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
where's that from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
honestly can't believe those pld damage numbers went live. tank balance is going to blow this expansion

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
so if you're playing whm, do you thin air stone 4s instead of holies during bosses?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i might just main dragoon this expansion. rip warrior :(

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

JT Jag posted:

I don't know what you guys are saying with all this rip warrior stuff, Warrior still owns

Wrath stacks to 10 instead of 5 like before, and yeah we're losing bloodbath but that just means it's a bit tougher to tank an entire dungeon full of adds, we'll adjust

warrior is fine, there's just not any huge need or want to take one. I would not be surprised at all if pld/pld becomes the new tank comp, LB penalty be damned.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i'm the warrior in FC chat still spamming butcher's block thinking i'm coming out ahead

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Truga posted:

this, but unironically.

they knew how many people entered early access codes, they've done this before with hw. there's no excuse.

if one hundred people told me they were coming over for dinner that advanced knowledge would still not meaningfully allow me to cook for all of them in my tiny rear end kitchen

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Minrad posted:

Yeah PLD's day of reckoning has come. I've gotten dunked by them a few times when I was playing summoner.

RDM, on the other hand, is a murder machine. Yeah burst a dude with dualcast! Then jump onto the caster when your melee dps gets em low and unleash the redoublement and verflare to blow poo poo up. It lacks disables, but it's straight killer for target switching thanks to dualcast.

actually you'll find what happens is the rdm dies to me jumping on them twice and then LBing them

it's Very Cool and Good

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
running neverreap for the drg gear...one guy refuses to roll on any drg gear that drops. i eat a disconnection because the servers suck. fin

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i continue to slowly but surely acquire drg gear in this one neverreap, broken up by five-minute disconnections

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
this is literally WoD launch, yeah. granted blizzard could fix their issue, but don't act like wow hasn't had a lovely xpac launch in ten years when it literally happened the expansion before last.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Jimbot posted:

Game disconnected me while I was loading into the first samurai mission. I'm going to go hug my Rurouni Kenshin and Samurai Champloo DVDs and hope for the best when I try again.

same :(

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
hella good. you poo poo out damage.

a note for anyone playing melee in pvp: please just use safeguard and the self heal. please.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Just a reminder that there are no congestion issues on the EU servers so if you're in Europe and were on the fence about moving, we've got a growing Free Company waiting for you.

anyone have an IP for the EU datacenter? gotta make some money somehow and if i can progress in the msq it's worth it anyway

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if you're 15/15 in 51-60 you might as well sit down at the cairn every floor because you're doing something slightly between jack and poo poo anyway

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i mean, they already *said* there are more solo instances available. they're just not letting people use them. i don't know how they arrived at whatever dismally low number of solo instances they decided would be stable, but whether by design or by incompetence its not nearly enough.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
can someone on Omega invite 'Boring Shieldman', i can't access the beds for some reason

also these fate parties are making the low-level fates insane

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Ither posted:

Not to be all :tinfoil: but are any of the big FF14 streamers having problems?

the only person who regularly streams ffxiv is mr happy and he gets like 500 viewers without xpac hype

maybe pvp will change that but this game has a very very lovely online presence given it's popularity and success.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Last night I noticed FFXIV had a viewer count of about 18,000 on twitch, when in general it struggles to hit 3k.

I wonder how long that lasted. Sitting at about 8,000 right now, and all the main streamers I recognize are sitting at level 70 doing stuff.

there are a lot of people just streaming the expansion. some streamers i follow for their general content are just streaming expansion hype stuff. i think itmejp had like 4k viewers and he mostly streams like tabletop rpg sessions, so it's hilarious to me that he would get more viewers than the de-facto ffxiv streamer

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i don't know who honestly thinks server stability is better than this. i would rather have server instability than, you know, be stuck fifteen quests into the msq.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

I mean the answer to this questions is really obviously "people not doing the MSQ"

so you pretty much mean 'people not doing the expansion'? people who are even casually leveling SAM and RDM are going to be sixty long before this issue looks to be fixed.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the free transfer locks you out of transferring for ninety days, fyi

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
yeah, only i don't give a poo poo about that and i do give a poo poo about not being able to play the expansion.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
feels loving bad when you're in a shatter with one healer and take the most damage on your team as a loving samurai

being ranged is still way too good in frontlines, especially with how much damage people do now

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
what the actual gently caress

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
alternatively it's Father's Day and people aren't waking up at 4 am to play vidder games

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
ah, the ancient and powerful Racism Meme *nods sagely*

combo buttons in pve would be awful though

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
also, the warrior beast gauge is used for a lot of stuff but it's also just an abstraction of something we already had.

Fister Roboto posted:

Hi, can we talk about how loving stupid it was to change tank AP back to 100% strength AND make jewelry locked by role? Because it's really loving stupid. It makes it so that good tanks will want to keep a set of 270 slaying jewelry (which is still all classes) because it's still best for dps. And they'll keep them either until the substats on fending jewelry outweighs the old slaying jewelry, or until they're getting one-shot through cooldowns.

Or, most likely, until SE goes back and makes all jewelry role-locked.

do we already know the tank damage weights?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the best part of that post is where you say good tanks would be so frothing mad at the mouth for like 300 extra damage on their fell cleaves that they would literally die for it, which seems to be way less a thing actual good tanks would do and more like what an OF poster thought about 2.55 strength tanks

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
please also consider the fact like eighty five percent of tanks pop literally no cooldowns and think it makes them a better tank for doing so

like, for every honest healer I've had tanking, I've had five bumbling dipshit tanks while healing who would rather see me go oom every pull than to even have a cooldown on their hotbar.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

I am enjoying being a squishier tank. Being a WAR with high dps numbers was fun but I would rather have actual ranking being challenging instead of tanking being easy and I need to get all of my challenge from squeezing out damage.

the biggest issue with being a squishier tank is that ffxiv is, comparatively, very stingy with its defensive cooldowns. cooldown usage is going to be much more important and much more targeted if our overall survivability is worse and we're going to have to lean on healers way more to make up that gap if the squishier tank paradigm continues into endgame content.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i was a str tank in 2.55 and i was not kicked once for it

have you considered their side, that your deliberate choices were effecting three other people's ability to complete content? i'm sorry they called you a mean name (no I'm not because you're actually just a raging rear end in a top hat until you decide to gripe about how the fact you being a huge rear end in a top hat has consequences, at which point you transform into a parody of insecurity that would make OF posters cringe)

but the only lovely thing the pubbies did was insult you. do you think we'd be on the tank's side if someone came in here about a poorly geared tank wiping the group? it's easy to internally decide 'I'll have worse hp and hit harder' when you're not the person who has to deal with the difficulty that decision creates.

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jun 19, 2017

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
that was his whole argument yesterday, that the elusive str tank BIS was going to be 270 accessories for like all of sb, and then I said 'wow, that's so dumb, the idea someone would be so desperate for 400 more damage that they would literally die', and today, he posted about literally doing that

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Reiterpallasch posted:

even in weirdo str weight world, there's no way that 270 maiming accessories would be better than 350+ crafted fending accessories with str VIs melded, would there

i'm not even shitposting now, i actually don't know enough about tanks to know the answer to that

you can only meld one VI to a single piece of gear, and we don't know how advanced melding is going to look, but a VI and four Vs is more str than 270 gear now by a pretty decent margin

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

dogsicle posted:

idk dude, it sounds like you're deliberately misrepresenting the situation to get an own in on a poster you don't like.

it might seem that way, but consider this: im not, i promise

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
so which healer is now the best at sick damage? whm, right?

it is kind of weird the same patch made healer damage also scale off of their mainstat is the same patch where they made tank damage STOP scaling off their mainstat, but I understand the situations are fairly different

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Haquer posted:

Samurai is real good yeah I like it

that warrior doing 2 pct more damage than the sch is chilling

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
what reason would someone have to want to download the game without a subscription barring the trials? the scenario that guy is describing makes no sense. does the few hours you'd be subbed but still downloading really matter? why would next week be any different?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
you don't spam spirits out of requesciat, you're right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
how much more engaging does the drg rotation get at 70? because at 61 right now it's actually pretty boring with the SB changes.