Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

5AM is nearly an ideal time for the servers to come up so I'm really happy with their choice of launch time. Instead of staying up like a 13 year old I can sleep like an old man and just wake up a couple hours early. Then, when I see the inevitable delays and queues, probably fall back to sleep.

But that's fine, don't care about rushing through anything anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Is everyone leveling RDM and SAM planning on running potd? I've done so much of it recently that thought of doing more makes me physically ill, but I know that's where I'll be. The new FATE changes look awesome but they only affect Stormblood FATEs afaik.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Marxalot posted:

I wanted to get in on this new expansion but now I have a vehicle that I need to do major surgery on this weekend :ohdear:

e: also don't forget father's day you nerds

gently caress you dad

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

I got SAM to 60 yesterday and now I, too, am cockblocked by cold steel. Can you get in if you keep spamming? Trying to decide if I should go for that, or level SAM other ways, or just go gather.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Ainsley McTree posted:

Is there a good newbie guide for potd? I kind of ignored it before now and I'm too afraid to open chests or use any of the pomanders because I don't want to waste them

Not sure if you still need this but here's a rough overview.

Strength/Steeling: You can save 3 of each for the boss but it's not necessary. They grant a 10 minute buff so feel free to use them before reaching the boss.

Purity: Sometimes chest turn in to mimics which can put a very obnoxious debuff on 1 or 2 players. It can screw you over if you don't have anyone who can heal around since it stops natural healing and applies a degen. Make use of the 3000 max potions you have from running potd., and use pomander of purity to remove the Pox.

Witching: Use this when you over pull, then step on a lurin trap, then aggro a patrol, then a Bard opens a chest that turns in to a mimic. It will turn all enemies in to relatively harmless chickens or frogs.

Raging: These basically let you skip a floor except for a few circumstances. If the floor has Knocback Disabled or No Item Use for example, it won't work. You can let other people use these until you figure out the ideal times, but if you've hit floor 57 and have 3 in stock, it's time to start using them.

Sight/Safety: Whenever you feel like. If you enter the first couple rooms and it seems like a nasty map, use Sight.

Lust: Use to stack 5 Vulnerability on the boss then drop it.

I think that's about it. The only other thing I would say is don't use the transmutation or transfiguration or whatever one, because there's a very small chance you'll create a room with 12 mimics in it. You can ignore or use the others as you wish.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

8-Bit Scholar posted:

2,476 person queue

what is going on with this game

Hi SE,

Mr Happy here. Other players are queuing for MY next solo instance and it's really hampering my progression. If I'm unable to move on then how can I continue churning out insightful and enticing content to attract more and more players to your game? Please shut the server down and open it up just for me so I can continue putting in hard work for you.

Sincerely,
A huge human being.

In other news, PVP rewards are brokenly good. You get all this poo poo and you don't even have to play this game. I'm getting 700k XP and 50 poetics just for typing this post. They should really nerf this but I doubt they will. PVP is the new PotD, at least for 60+.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Oxyclean posted:

I heard shatter was the best xp/time for pvp, but I had a 30 minute queue when I tried to join it before the big DC.

My queues are less than a minute and yeah, Shatter is quite good. It takes 12-15 minutes and you get 50 Poetics and 600k+ exp depending on your level.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

SettingSun posted:

For me, I've done 11 frontline roulettes, won 3, and that leveled my SAM to 52.

I'm not sure if it's as good sub 60 because I did PotD from 50-60. But, at 62, PotD gives 440(ish?)k experience for 12-15 minutes, and PVP gives about 700k for 12-15 minutes. Palace is probably faster up to 60 though.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Evil Fluffy posted:

You mean like the US destroyer that got hit by a Japanese cargo ship recently? :buddy:

Not funny dude, that ship was carrying MSQ instance servers.

Hatastrophe posted:

Yeah I joined a battle for a random frontline and got 90k'd and I haven't been able to get back in for the past 15 minutes

Just happened to me too. I fear we may be hosed for a full 90 minutes.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Everyone getting chain-DC'd after the queue: You won't be able to log in until the instance expires. For lots of things that's 90 minutes.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

MechaX posted:

If this is right then that means that I literally made it into the Raubahn instance only to be immediately DC'd and possibly stuck in the instance.

I...

Wow.. Just Wow.

I think that's exactly why the Raubauhn one is as hosed as it is. People keep getting DCd when zoning in and then that slot is occupied for a full 90 minutes.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

I think I just got dicked by another 90 minute lockout. Guuu

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Is it true that the whole Raubauhn, Pippin, 90006, 90002, Susano thing is only affecting NA data centers? If so, I think I might actually be mad.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

isk posted:

Also for whoever was asking earlier - lvl 62 has a considerable impact on SAM gameplay. Somewhere between 3x-4x as much Kenki if you hit your single target positionals, but you still get more than pre-62 if you're solo/lazy. Quite a bit more Kenki during AoE as well. You get an oGCD single target attack that you can use, like, every other combo while still having Kaiten for every Midare. It owns.

I started to write something about this but wrote a sentence that kind of looked like "how do i have enough to kaiten higanbana, use guren, and kaiten midare setsugekka" so I hit the back button and walked away from my computer.

But yeah, you get a trait that makes all WS generate Kenki, except for Iaijutsu. At 62 you will suddenly be drowning in it and won't have to wonder, "how do i have enough to kaiten higanbana, use guren, and kaiten midare setsugekka". It will probably become more difficult to manage at later levels when you have more options to spend it on.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Countblanc posted:

this isn't raubahn right?

It's at least related because all those instances of DC'd players need to expire in order for a new one to open.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Oxyclean posted:

I imagine that has to do with the thing they added that's supposed to return you to the previous emote or w/e after you come out of the queue.

I'm really glad they put resources in to fixing that.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Not sure what changed but when I logged in today I got through Raubahn and Pippin with no issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Jose Valasquez posted:

My guess is that all the backend developers that everyone said were doing nothing were actually doing something

We can dream. I don't blame the developers for much, I blame the lack of a stress test(protip this is the stress test) and the abysmal communication. Mostly the communication. I haven't been that irked by it either because I feel like there's so many other things you can be doing to progress, but not being able to at least get in the new zones is pretty disappointing.

Just got a 90006 when leaving an instance, that's a first for me.

Also, what are the odds the 4.0 relics require Crystal Sands/Umbrite? Not sure what to spend poetics on for the moment.