Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So i just hit 50 with my miner and game just threw up all this information about collectables at me help me make sense of it all.

Ignore it until 60, then do this http://www.ffxivguild.com/ffxiv-gathering-rotation-appraisal-collectibility-scrip-farming/

and this

Ideally, ignore all of this until 70.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
If I were to use a macro this would be my raise line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hihEhsdwiIk

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I play primarily healer and I can't stand it when tanks do tiny pulls. Mega pulls are what make playing a healer tolerable in low level all dungeons.

Anything less than the biggest pull possible and the tank doesn't get comm'd. There are very few exceptions to this rule.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Lalas aren't people.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Thundarr posted:

One of those cases where I can't tell if OP is a career troll or just broke-brained but it sounds like everybody on Faerie hates them either way.

I could only read the first two pages. I imagine the other 15 is just more of the same.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Bremma posted:

I'm glad that for the most part people in roulettes are pretty chill (had a blast with a goofy group running Crystal Tower last night), but definitely ran into a few asshats.

I was running CT last night with friends and we were trolling the other alliance tanks. Were you in the one where our WAR was deliberately stealing aggro just because it made the DRK extraordinarily mad?

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

quote:

When using the performance actions, you are strictly prohibited from performing the music of any third parties.

Good luck enforcing this.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Good, Gilgamesh markets have been mostly dead when it comes to low level gear. There's also been a problem with FC recruitment since everyone is already level 70, so you couldn't grow an FC with new players.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'd read there'd been a mass exodus of Gilga for whatever reason

There were no new players on the server which made the community feel stale. The newbie areas were all dead, it is impossible to start a new FC, you couldn't play with friends who were new to the game unless you made an alt, and like I said above, low level markets were messed up.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Nov 21, 2017

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
The performance actions really need their own hotbar. This thing is a mess and I can't spare one of the preexisting hotbars.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Trying to learn some sick jams. 100% not third-party material.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybwHxKRl5VA

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Someone just undercut me by over 1m on a low volume item that takes forever to sell. :cripes:

Here's a fun tip for newbies who want to make money. Everyday at anytime there's someone undercutting an item by so much that it isn't profitable for competitors to chase them to the top of the market board, buy that garbage and relist it.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Irae posted:

Clemency is good to passive-aggressively let your healer know you don't trust them.

No, that's when they use LD, HG, or holmgang.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Thundarr posted:

I still don't get how so many people are still so bad at Hashmal. Sure there are several things that can one shot you, but they have such gigantic obvious tells.

This is how I feel. I have more trouble with the first boss, everything after that is braindead easy.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I found a neat island head while exploring housing districts.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
The first DPS DC'd and the SAM joined right after the first boss. The tank was pulling wall to wall which made me nervous a couple of times, but nobody ever died.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah after doing some research I guess I was wrong. DP is still pretty bad, but not completely useless. Your priority list for MP expenditure should be AD > TBN > DA DP > DP > DA Q

Is it not worth it to use dark arts on abyssal drain?

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/75fgb9/version_check_error_fix/ This fixed it for me.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Lalas are the only race it's okay to hate.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

This was a long fight.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

jalapeno_dude posted:

Pro tip: remember to level sync for the Starlight Celebration FATE. I, er, definitely didn't forget that.

Another pro tip: Turn off effects.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
All glamour prisms are being converted into one. Prism market confirmed dead.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Mentioning net neutrality is an automatic 10 minute ban in the live letter chat.

Now people are mentioning it without getting banned, I have no idea what I did.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Dec 15, 2017

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Replay looks neat, it seems especially helpful for raiders.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

quote:

We'll be making adjustments to the main scenario dungeons, so that new players can enjoy them without worrying. It may extend the duration of the dungeon; however, we have increased the rewards as well.

This sounds like they're adding more barriers to prevent big pulls.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

From the sound of it, it's something that basically means you can't progress until cutscenes have done.

Yeah, I read that wrong, I thought it meant all mandatory dungeons in the main scenario. I am going to dread having to do MSQ roulette.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
You still should do positionals past 62. If you're doing your rotation correctly you won't have excess kenki.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

They all have em, well most of them do. It's just they are really easy to mitigate.

The scorpion in Sohm Al (hard) was great because his tankbuster was actually terrifying.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Brainamp posted:

Some Fate poo poo right there.

I thought the same thing.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Top DPS, it's like I'm playing HW WHM again. The MCH never died, turrets being destroyed count towards the death count.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Today I learned that the Aery is one of the hardest dungeons in the game. Nidhogg can be an absolute monster if your dps are undergeared.

Edit: Heavy thrusts is for nerds and so are DOTs in general. Those charts only cover the Nidhogg fight.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jan 14, 2018

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a2CQPM6-2Y

This looks like fun.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Just suck it up and pay the crystal mining bot RMT empire like the rest of us.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Someone amassed enough Faygo to summon the Insane Clown Primal.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
FFXIV 4.2: The Phantom Train

Also, I really want that 8-bit Papaya remix.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Skaw posted:

Pentamelding crafted equipment for savage progression. Not all tier 5 is going to go up by a lot, but direct hit most assuredly will.

Maybe, I bet a bunch of people are sitting on unused cracked clusters so the price won't change too much.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

SwissArmyDruid posted:

VIs cannot be slotted beyond the first two slots. Everything after that is V.

Yeah, I misread the post.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

homeless snail posted:

Ah, hello PvP Protect

I was just going to post that. That buff is going to be strong.

homeless snail posted:

what was going on here

Nerfing varnish and wax farming maybe?

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Some people are telling me we're going to have a 24 hour maintenance. Is this confirmed?

Yes, and it starts in a few hours.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
4.2: Raubahn's Revenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
That Kefka fight was underwhelming, my group one shot him.