Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

57 seconds of loading time though. I should invest in an SSD one of these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

That is underwhelming, it's like largesse with defense buff. At least I'll use it more than plenary indulgence.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
RIP aero III

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Gorelab posted:

Holy losing the stun isn't surprising to me just because it was a long time of full damage + mitigation which was probably too much.

This is also a non-competitive PVE game and most of the things susceptible to stuns only existed in casual content where it didn't matter if an ability was too strong. I don't know who these changes are supposed to appeal to, they don't seem to make the job anymore fun to play. It looks like YoshiP is trying to slow down the pace at which casual content can be completed.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I liked Lyse when she was Yda. I couldn't bring myself to care for her Stormblood character arc.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Just had a Ghimlyt Dark run where both of the DPS most likely used a jump potion. They didn't know their rotation, they had bare minimum ilvl, and they didn't know mechanics, It was easily one of the most fun runs I've had in weeks. I was playing white mage and I live for those instances where I am the only reason my entire party isn't horizontal. I even got the chance to tank the big pull after the first boss since I joined in progress to a missing tank, that pull is wild and more than once I dropped to 1000HP.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I don't think I've ever seen that sword before.

I use the same one, it's the Tsukuyomi extreme drop.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Only took about 4 years but I'm almost there. Too bad the mount is ugly.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

So I hear that blue mage sucks poo poo, and also can't do group content?
(new to the game, be warned)

BLU acts more as a mobile fireworks show than an actual job.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Axle_Stukov posted:

The only healers who deserve scorn are WHMs who don't Holy.

Like the one I had in the Burn yesterday, guy was so dedicated to honest healing he was precasting Esuna for the like, 1k tick poison the mobs at the start use instead of using Holy.

The worst part about white mages that refuse to holy is they don't realize that holy greatly decreases the amount of incoming damage on the tank. Or maybe they do realize and just like the sound of cure II.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

I got kicked from a lldr today for not recasting protect on a single dps who died, so I'm really looking forward to getting kicked by idiots for not casting protect after it gets deleted.

If that dps couldn't survive with protect they won't survive without it. That party spared you of their idiocy.

My favorite party I got kicked out of was a Suzaku ex clear party that kicked both myself and my co-healer for our inability to keep people from dying to mechanics they were failing. I ended up joining another party and clearing while that same group was still attempting to clear over an hour later.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

the_steve posted:

Why are some of your DoH professions purple?
Honest question, I'm still leveling through vanilla content, so I dunno how things go in the endgame.

You can specialize in three DoH jobs, doing so gives you a stat bonus and early access to certain crafting recipes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Joined an in-progress expert roulette as a healer where the previous healer left after the first pull. The tank wasn't much better.

At least he did big pulls.