Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h7KyokeLmM i really like FFXIV's music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Does anyone know of a convenient way to draw up positioning/movement diagrams for Savage or whatever? It doesn't have to be XIV specific, but something a bit more convenient and pretty than MS Paint would be nice.

Also, is it too early to break out the winter outfits? Of course not, it's always winter in Ishgard.

I love that it's not too hard to be super stylish in this game.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Does anyone know of a convenient way to draw up positioning/movement diagrams for Savage or whatever? It doesn't have to be XIV specific, but something a bit more convenient and pretty than MS Paint would be nice.

Also, is it too early to break out the winter outfits? Of course not, it's always winter in Ishgard.

Holy heck these are really good

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

SettingSun posted:

I really dig this raid tier in the Alphascape so I'm considering finally breaking out of the casual zone and joining a static. I think the toughest thing will be finding one that'll fit my schedule and tolerate me being a rookie to high level duties.

But I also think that committing myself to such a thing will kill all my enthusiasm for the game. Decisions, decisions...

If you want to play with goons there are plenty of statics that will tolerate a rookie, and even help you git gud, as long as you're not a straight up paint chip eater. Hop in the Catgirl Bargains discord and check the serious business section, and there should be at least one static that matches as long as you're not a Euro or on a JP server, I don't think that you can queue cross region, but you can definitely do static groups across multiple servers.

Also, progression is really fun, and it can bring a revitalized sense of awesome to the game because the fights are hard at first and then get easier as your regular group gets good at them, and you gear up.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Sep 25, 2018

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Almost all goon statics are pretty casual from what I've seen, there's not a massive assload of progression content that must be ground each week because WoW raids are not a thing in FFXIV. In my experience, bad performing statics tend to have ragers and toxic people, but if you are in a good one, you'll have a great time.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The difference between FFXIV's storytelling and WoW's is night and day, like haha holy poo poo FFXIV on its worst day is maybe close to WoW on its best day. Even ARR's storyline is stronger than WoW's has been since Vanilla.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ChickenWing posted:

I'm searching not hard at all for a static that will support my "sometimes I might not play for a week and a half straight" playstyle

also I'm on Mateus with friends so the immediate "join a goon group" suggestion is not so helpful

preemptive shut up Rhymenocerous the erp isn't even that bad over here

e: I said the wrong RP server. Mateus is the Balmung refugee camp

Cross-realm linkshells my person. They're made for people who want to roll on their own world

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Renegret posted:

I refuse to believe this because I haven't gotten a single horny tell, and there's nothing hotter than a naked male roegadyn in a subligar.

Your muscle slider better be maxed

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ChickenWing posted:

I edited - I'm on the less bad RP server

how do i do this thing

On the cross realm linkshell thing you need to be in a party with the mod/master of the shell to get an invite to a cross realm linkshell. Can anyone C/D on whether that can be done with a party finder group to join the cross realm shell?

You're also only allowed to be in one cross-realm linkshell at a time, but at least it creates the possibility of joining a goon group without server transferring.

A linkshell is turned from a regular shell to a cross-realm shell in the linkshell list menu (not at the NPC) by the owner of the shell, and then they have 24 hours to add members or the shell will get auto-disbanded by the system (if the shell has less than 2 members).

orange juche fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 26, 2018

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

For what it's worth, Suzaku EX is nearly impossible for me, and I've cleared O8S several times. Something about the second phase of that fight triggers visual/sensory overload for me and I can't keep track of anything that's going on, like my rotation. Or the instant kill mechanic she's about to fire off. Even the normal version of it gives me trouble.

But yeah, all of the other EX primals are pretty cool+good and (with the possible exception of Shinryu) challenging without being overly difficult.

Also, I'm glad that people liked the comfy winter outfits. Makes bullying my video game husband into modeling one worthwhile. :3:

Can you let me know what the items are? I need the list... for research purposes, especially with winter coming up :3:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Was looking for videos of ultima weapon fight based on earlier posts just because i wanted to hear the music again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csDO9seFLdM

NO DAMAGE SPELLS ON THEIR HOTBARS I feel so triggered right now

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

oh no blimp issue posted:

Sex is good, but have you ever played monk with GL3 and 150% power Arrow?

Isn't there a minimum GCD limit that I'm sure that brushes up against, or an animation lock?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

My anime catte is ready for spooky time

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Eltoasto posted:

I haven't had any issues with mine, other than having to disable the game controlling illumination after every computer restart. Sucks if yours is dying, since they don't make them anymore. Going to have to go with Razer when mine does. I don't have it enabled as a gamepad though.

Go into the following folder C:\Users\<Username>\appdata\Local\ and make Logitech folder not read only, this will allow the Logitech program to actually save the program settings (like app controlled lighting) between restarts.

I tried to turn on the joystick as an actual joystick since my G13 supposedly supports it and is new enough that it's a joystick instead of an 8 way hat under a thumbstick, but it doesn't register properly in FFXIV, so it's just gonna have to remain an 8 way hat. Still way more agile than WASD for movement.

Razer is also an awful dogshit company who demand that you install their stupid cloud save bullshit to use their hardware and if your internet flakes out your gameboard stops working along with your macro buttons on any other piece of Razer kit.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Sep 29, 2018

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nessus posted:

Cape Westwind is kind of a brutal gear shift but a lot of it is the level thing. Doing it at 47 is really rough but if you're at 50 - or even better, 51 or 52 - it's doable if you keep on your toes. It was a real meatgrinder early on, though!

Heh

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I'll believe the leaks when they actually show something that couldn't be faked with 30 seconds of editing a file.

(And even if they were true, it's hard to judge any change on its own merits without seeing the rest of the kit. Removing a nuke from Assize means they could have moved it elsewhere.)

Removing a nuke from Assize even if they move it somewhere else sucks, because Assize's main thing was the unreduced AOE nuke, or at least that's how I was using it.

Looking at its stats in live it doesn't state that it reduces on multiple enemy hits, so it hits like loads of old AOEs did before they got nerfed.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

I can believe that they considered removing the damage from Assize... I can't believe they would go through with it though unless they wanted to get rid of healer DPS entirely outside of solo content.

They like honest healers.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Cabbit posted:

Considering how powerfully dull healer DPS rotations are, I'm not exactly surprised.

Yeah they're dull but at least it feels like you're helping instead of sitting there mashing heal buttons and being bored off your rear end unless an AOE comes your way.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I loved old cleric stance.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Marin Karin posted:

I'm an insanely anxious person, but the game eases you so well into tanking that I don't stress about it anymore. So don't worry about being rusty or anything. It even offers a tutorial (that gives you good gear) at level 15 to help you get the hang of it in a stress-free environment.

I literally came back from a 2 year break from playing and jumped on my PLD and tanked a dungeon immediately after setting up my keybinds again with no practice and tanked better than most pubbie tanks i've seen since. The floor for tanking dungeons is pretty much "has pulse" and "can hold aggro". If you can accomplish those, you can figure out how to tank virtually any content in this game.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

BisbyWorl posted:

Blessing can be used whenever at a 90% chance, Brow can only be used on Good/Excellent and has a 70% chance.

Brow was always a shittier blessing for if you couldn't be assed to grind out the correct crafter to unlock blessing. (you would be stupid as hell to not have unlocked byregots blessing if you're any sort of serious about crafting)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Verranicus posted:

WP Hard rules. It has awesome music.

Tonberry murder victory finish is awesome.