Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Played for an hourish this morning. Role actions are neat and it'll be interesting to see which ones end up being the most useful for which jobs.

Wrapping my head around the Bard Changes is going to take a while!

Red Mage also seems really neat: dualcast will take a while to get a hold of but I think the basic rotation would be something like this?

Initiate with Verthunder or Veraero (doesn't seem to matter)
dualcast into the other one (So verthund>veraero or veraero>verthunder)
- If verfire or verstone procced, cast that and dualcast into its' black/white opposite of veraero or verthund (So verfire > veraero or verstone > verthunder)
- if they didn't proc, cast jolt and then dualcast into verthunder or veraero and try again

I haven't quite figured out if the opportune time to go corps-a-corps and spend all your black/white mana is at 50/50 or 75/75 or even just waiting till full 100/100, and I haven't really looked at the other abilities, so i'm probably missing something important.

E: The cast times on verthunder and veraero are really, really long, so you should never hardcast them except at the start of the battle

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Yeah completing the job quest gives you an item in your inventory that, when used, gives you a head, chest, arm, leg, and boots for that job.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Also note that in the very first new area (accessed probably 10 minutes into the MSQ) the vendor there sells ilvl 255 gear

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Harrow posted:

Wait, really? I thought you just got the weapon. How did I not notice the free gear set with RDM?

EDIT:

Holy poo poo, that'll teach me to play right after waking up. What iLvl?

I didn't check the ilvl! It's level 50, so I suspect it's 125 or 130.

E: I equipped it and went to mor dhona and was killing mobs in about 5 hits so I think it's pretty high

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Magil Zeal posted:

My understanding is the optimal time to melee combo is 80+/80+, and once you get Verflare and Verholy you want them to be uneven. 80 mana is the minimum amount necessary to do a full melee combo (and you want the Enchanted Redoublement even before getting Verflare/Verholy, because it has very high potency), and uneven means you can guarantee a proc by casting Verflare/Verholy in accordance with whichever mana is lower.

That holy/flare thing seems kinda neat but playing this job seems like it's going to get pretty technical trying to pull the exact best possible white/black mana numbers, since the increments are 3, 8 (on certains procs) 9 (on other certain procs) and 11!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

SonicRulez posted:

I also swung around a katana a little, but I don't wanna waste life in PotD.

You won't have to! I was skimming the patch notes last night, and it seems they've buffed EXP gains from FATE's considerably. They added the following:

-Randomly, FATEs will be marked on the map as giving bonus exp for completion
-Occasionally during a FATE an additional enemy will appear, if it is defeated then everyone who participated in the FATE will receive a buff which increases exp gained from FATEs for however long the buff lasts

So I figure between daily leveling roulettes and occasional FATE stuff leveling should be less painful now.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

queeb posted:

Does twist of fate work on under 60 fates?

I assumed it was for all FATEs. I didn't read otherwise anywhere

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Stormblood downloads through opening heavensward so uhhh I think either too many people are downloading it or your connection is fucky. Try restarting your ps4

also prepare your butt for the 90 minute download once you're in

I actually lucked out and checked the game last night around midnight and did my update and download then

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
ofc goons would suggest to jump the line. Shameful

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

SE raping all the jobs and by extension all the players, as is typical of the japanese

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I`m going to powerlevel my botanist first like last time, probably. You can make stupidly large amounts of gil selling the quest turn-in items to lazy people

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
When i first looked at that screenshot in the timg I though it was the bridge area on the western side of the South Shroud and the line had spanned both areas.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Heh, this early access which exists to specifically test the servers prior to launch is having server issues, what a bunch of idiot loving morons.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Cool server lagged out when Vishnap was at 1% and now I'm gettin 5006'd and can't play the game.

Cool.

owned lmbo

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I got into the raubahn thing first try with no disconnect :getin:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Also y'all should keep in mind that the MSQ branched off into two chains before that raubahn thing and you should make sure you're done the other one before declaring you are stuck

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm super mad about the server!!!!!!!!!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
So I bought the item to make my BLM automatically lvl 60 and am having trouble with other players messing up my rotation. So far I've got the following down:
Sharpcast > Fire > Flare > Convert > Flare > Transpose > Swiftcast > Flare > Elixir (item) > Flare

As the last flare is casting I yell at the other caster to give me mana so I can cast Flare again but they often say they don't have the ability on their bar. Is there a way to get these players reported for having the wrong job skills? If I don't get that 5th flare in it really tanks my dps and I feel that people are being really selfish with their mana

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Magil Zeal posted:

You can send them once per week out to get 5 scrolls that give buffs that mimic company buffs basically. They don't stack with company buffs but it does let you sorta have a third buff for two hours at a time.

They're also better than the company buffs by noticeable margins

jalapeno_dude posted:

It was a good way to get an efficient stream of crafting and gathering scrips in 3.x. Haven't leveled a DoH or DoL to 70 yet, so not sure if it gives yellow scrips once you do; if it stays with red scrips though once it's basically useless at this point.

You need 15,000 red gatherer's scrips for all the folklore tomes, at any rate

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Tsurupettan posted:

source your quotes because i want to see the loving OF thread this is from lmao

This is a Jimmy Hats Original :)

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
My rule of thumb is that tanks should always control what gets pulled, healers should always keep everybody alive, and dps should do their dps. When tanks start telling the healers what to do, or dps and healers start pulling stuff, you always end up with somebody getting upset and the dungeon just gets longer.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Toshimo posted:

My rule of thumb is that if you don't care for something another player is doing, you communicate to them like an adult instead of being a giant manbaby. It's had a pretty good success rate.

Eh, I find that 70% of people are going to throw a fit regardless of how you communicate. Better to just take the 25 minute run instead of risking it being 30+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Vargatron posted:

Just lol if you aren't doing every dungeon with the max efficiency possible.

Back in HW I had a group that could do Aery in 14ish minutes. (War, Whm, Bard, Blm) Now all my friends are dumbass casuals who die to bombs. I miss the good old days.