Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't remember having issues with ARR Early Access but one of the closed beta's 3102... wew lad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm having weird glitchy issues with the client more than anything else.

I think my GPU drivers could be a little old so I'll update those and hope that's it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I just get hard system locks when I try playing so that's good. Th-thanks YoshiP

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

What's the situation if I have PS4 ARR but not HW but want to (have to :/) use PS4 to play Stormblood at the moment?

If I pre-order it, is it going to get me the Heavensward rights now or am I basically just hosed?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Harrow posted:

You get HW right away. I'm in the same position on PC and you get HW on early access along with SB.

Right so I should just buy PS4 SB then.
I am the saltiest right now god drat setting up on PS4 is going to be years of effort..

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Getting locked out of my account because I logged in on PS4 (I just had to update pass)

It's not my day :negative:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Red Mage is extremely cool but POTD'ing it is essentially impossible right now thanks to disconnects.

Fate'ing might be viable but generally speaking this sure is an MMO launch.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Creating a throttle is probably a good idea but this is not the first time an instance or battle has caused a huge issue so having one right at the beginning was just foolish. They should have learned by now.

But as I'm in no rush to get the story done and get to 70 asap, I'm not super fussed.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm essentially locked in a kill zone. Was in POTD to see if it's working now (no, it kicked me instantly) and now when I log in, I get kicked again so I can't get out of POTD to not do POTD.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ocatamai posted:

Exactly the same except you don't have touch of death dot anymore and the charging chakra sound is worse than the original sound it had when it first got put in the game.

Also dragon kick's debuff icon blends in too much with all the other debuffs now so it can be easy to miss if it drops off.

The charging sound is the same but the noise when capping Chakra is revolting

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Level 60 Red Mage took all day and Palace of the Dead sucks a lot but now I have to decide what I should play primarily between RDM, MNK and WHM. I'm maybe leaning RDM but I'm not totally sure. I kind of want to stay loyal to my old main from day one, WHM though I've not really tried it in SB at all yet to see how things are now.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Augus posted:

spamming floor 50-60 of POTD is the fastest way to level, right? or does it not matter which floors I do

Yeah, because it tends to have small rooms with easy set ups and you'll be out in like 15 minutes. People at the moment are running straight to the teleporter when the next floor is unlocked too instead of loving around.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Holyshoot posted:

Guys its ok you can still hit 70 without even getting past Raubahn. Games fine! Great launch!

You need more gil, imo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Made the mistake of trying to learn my level 60 Red Mage skill.
Now I'm getting 500 person queues that immediately 90k me into 500 person queues.

Just spit me into the game world instead, I'll do something else.
Maybe they'll finally learn about not making these instanced single player fights come 5.0.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Who should I talk to about getting in on the Goon FC on Omega?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Info is in the second post of this thread.

Ohhh I'll get in on that sometime within the next decade, many steps.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

First dungeon is alright.

Would have liked it more if it wasn't all Bard drops for the bard we didn't have and the mandatory DRG drop (for the DRG we didn't have)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Minrad posted:

And RDM is really, really good.

Samurai is also good, though I'm not gonna play it at length.

Feels like to me they were just in a real groove when making the jobs in Stormblood where they just kinda weren't for Heavensward.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dear Caster DPS (aka Red Mages) who don't give me Mana Shift after I pointedly tell them to give me Mana Shift when I'm at 20% MP 'cos I've spammed the poo poo out of Holy in your level 50 dungeon that I'm graciously healing

gently caress YOU

Signed

Me

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Had a DRG cry at me in Dun Scaith earlier because I used Red Mage LB3 on Diabolos Hollow once he'd cast his commit suicide move.

It's like the only time I'll ever get to see it and not have it be a total useless waste.

It's also cool as fuuuuck.
Bet that DRG doesn't even glamour. Fashion > Function

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Wish the maintenances weren't always at lovely times for Europe.
YoshiP more like YoshiPoo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

oh
gently caress

it's a motorbike too

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Red Card
Eject a player from your instance.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The second dungeon is neat. Name: Shisui. I'm not sure if it's for my taste but the Caster set from there is decidedly not casterish by this game's standards.

Holyshoot posted:

Alright guys, Stormblood hasn't even been out a week and people are already trying to name and shame new players who use Jump Potions. My advice to you? Don't. Give people a chance for god's sake. I get that some people are going to be new and or bad, it's just how the patch cycle goes. Do we really need to start this trend when Stormblood hasn't even been out for a full official week? I think not.

We're a community praised for our generosity and overall welcoming feel. Let's not ruin it. If you suspect someone used a Jump Potion and you're not on board with playing with them, then kindly leave the party, don't bring it to the subreddit in hopes of farming up karma and inflating you're own ego because you think it's okay to do so. It's not. We're better than this guys. C'mon.

my favourite thing was the title "we're better than this"

i guess you don't know me, the internet or MMO's eh buddy?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i just got a level 64 monk using tornado kick the moment he hit gl3.

i am so mad

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Got a honest healer a little while back who refused to cast his attacks, except to pull trash the tank didn't want to which is just bad at being a healer and being bad at being a honest healer

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

nuru posted:

Skipping trash is dishonest to the content.

It was trash that was going to get pulled, it's in the way so you can't skip it. Pulling it before your tank is very dishonest.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Did Susano EX with some pubs and there were two other red mages in the party and yet I was still the only person who ever used addle, mana shift, or revive.

And still managed to pull 3200 dps. How are people this incompetent, part of why I love RDM is I can do all this utility poo poo without missing a beat at all damage wise.

I did Bardum's 'cos I'm only level 67 with another Red Mage and he never once used Scatter spam for AOE or Enhanced Moulinet and he still won the god-drat sword drop argh
Ban all bads

~level 67 Story stuff: It's all well and good sending important files via snail mail from Ala Mhigo to Kugane but why didn't they just ask me, the teleporting Warrior of Light, to pick it up and deliver it within 5 minutes?

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jun 24, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tanks who think they can still cross their tank stance off after getting an aggro lead are cute. Even in level 60 synced content, they're dropping aggro like it's hot thanks to E.Moulinet.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Instance servers in EU are borked

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Blizzard have tried a bit harder with boss presentation since ARR really took off, I feel, but it's still not good.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Leofish posted:

Glamurai

I've already put it on Eorzea Collection. https://ffxiv.eorzeacollection.com/glamour/i-studied-the-blade

(when do we get a striking dummy that's just a few milk crates with some water bottles on top?)

This is great but I think I'd shoot myself before using it even ironically.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Zenos is alright, other than having a toddler's face.

Thordan was barely in the game unless you count Nidhogg as the baddy of HW and then he sucked.

Thordan was cool despite not being around much though.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Red Mage has a big issue. Verholy looks way cooler than Verflare, it makes me not want to use Verflare.

e:
gonna message yoship and tell him to give RDM the deathflare animation and make the other casters utterly pointless

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Jun 25, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

Lord Hien is a Varian Wrynn that doesn't suck rear end.

If Cyan's Theme plays when you are being cool, you are my friend. It's a fact, we're buddies.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hivac posted:

The (hard) notation for dungeon locale revisits is so bad because it makes people think they aren't completely different dungeons when they actually are

Brayflox's Shortstop

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This final trial queue is the longest queue for content I've had by far.

it doesn't inspire confidence.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 26, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

nuru posted:

Spoil that trial name.

Ah didn't think

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

As cool as it is to see 900 new quests appear as soon as you get to a quest hub because it gives the impression there's a poo poo tonne of content, I'd much rather they just have a smaller amount that give more EXP each.

100k exp for each sidequest (~lvl62) is kinda pitiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

nuru posted:

It takes a least 5 minutes to do most side quests so you should be killing people in Shatter instead for 4-6x XP gains.

If by killing people, you mean getting zoned and just wishing that the two winning teams would give up and just let the inevitable front runners win, yeah.

PVP's still awful, just less so.

The important thing about Manafication is that if you're burning your mana on E.Moulinet, you can throw it out around 40/40 to get an extra couple of spin in which is very fun.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jun 26, 2017