Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

All these people mourning and/or dancing on the grave of Fracture but nobody remembers Scourge, smh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

Thundarr posted:

On the other hand, Internal Release jumping to 30%

That's also just a trait being rolled into the base ability. :v:

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

Givin posted:

I know it's early in the expansion, but does anyone know of a basic write up for Dark Knight? I'm tanking just fine on Paladin right now but I can't ignore how sweet that DRK armor looks and wanna get in on it. I'm having a bit of difficulty wrapping my head around the Darkside mechanic tho.

tdlr for Darkside is that it's your offensive stance, but it's not mutually exclusive with your defensive stance (Grit). As of Stormblood, Darkside no longer drains MP while active but does stop all MP regeneration while in battle and block MP regeneration effects (This is why DRK's suite of MP recovery abilities is extremely important). A good chunk of DRK's abilities can only be used while Darkside is up, I think Dark Arts is an example of this. Therefore you want Darkside up all the time and instead of swapping stances you just turn Grit on and off.

even shorter tldr: instead of swapping between stances to deal more damage or draw aggro, DRK toggles Grit on and off while having Darkside up all the time

I'll come back and do a better in-depth writeup of DRK later when I'm not busy, if someone else hasn't already by then.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

My only big complaint about Stormblood DRK is that the blood gauge is used for three whole abilities and only above level 60, whereas the other tanks' gauges don't feel quite as tacked-on.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

ApplesandOranges posted:

PLD Oath Gauge is only used for two and to be honest feels like it was added just so PLDs could have a UI element.

Really? I take that back, I assumed PLD got the WAR treatment where a bunch of moves got shifted over to the gauge instead of using existing resources but I guess PLD and DRK are both in the "gauge for gauge's sake" camp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

also, the warrior beast gauge is used for a lot of stuff but it's also just an abstraction of something we already had.

My opinion on the WAR gauge is "at least there being a gauge for it makes sense" as opposed to DRK and apparently PLD getting gauges for the sake of having a HUD element because All Classes Must Have A Job Gauge