Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Tenik posted:

That should be normal for SCHs below 50. Your skillset at that level is mostly focused on keeping hp from dropping quickly, and slowly building it back up. Your fairy will only heal people who drop to ~90% hp, which means that tanks will regularly fall below that threshold as they take damage and get automatically healed. Adlo does some healing, but it prevents just as much damage as it cures. You won't see HP bars spike upwards when you use it, but they will fill up over time as your shield blocks damage, and your fairy slowly fills your target's HP bar back up. As soon as you unlock lustrate, you can weave it in between casts of Ruin II, Bio II, or Miasama II to quickly fill up health without pausing your damage dealing.

I always think of SCH's skills as a way of giving health more inertia. Their specialties make HP bars drop slower and fill slower. And, if you know how to use everything in your bag of tricks, you can prevent health from dropping to a dangerous level, period.

That makes a lot of sense actually. I’m used to white mage so it’s a different style of healing for sure. The thing about inertia makes a lot of sense actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
How do you deal with burst healing mechanics like the thunder god doom?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
It’s just gonna take a while to get used to scholar. Like I pop all my cds when a tank’s getting pounded and his health bar just freezes. It feels so weird.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
this is just rude. all i wanted was the materia for the book that i also don't have but isn't on the MB either :smith:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
You can do the atma relic quests, I suppose. I’m not sure if you can buy the rainbow gear without HS but that’s an easy i110

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
hello excalibur goons it's me Lieutenant Mittens

i need two Quicktongue Materia IIIs to start doing another dumb ARR relic, but there aren't any on the MB. if you have any please send them to me i will pay you for them, thank you <3

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
huh. how do i do that?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I actually got some earlier tonight but thank you! Now I know where to ask if the market board isn't agreeing with me.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Me and three sprouts. All three were class boosted. The black mage did nothing but hard cast their level 3 skills. Fire 3 blizzard 3 fire 3 blizzard 3 the entire dungeon. The dragoon did not doom spike.

It took 60 minutes. I did not get a commendation.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Almost certainly yes

I even told them both, in detail, how to do their rotations or at least how to be less bad. They ignored me

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
you guys ever see a name and think "how is that not a goon"

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
help

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
is that what the purple is?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I joined an LDR last night as a scholar and a 12 minute in progress Darkhold came up and I was like “oh cool”

Zoned in, the tank was a gladiator :stare:

I just said “lmao no” and left then queued again and got vault and everything was fine

Darkhold is like three dungeons after brayflox. Brayflox as a gladiator is still not good but makes more sense, it’s easy to shoot past 30 as a tank if you’re spamming queues

But Darkhold? How the gently caress did he do stone vigil as a gladiator

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I'm guessing the healer adjusted.

I considered staying, but it’s Darkhold and if the tank doesn’t pull the first wing at once into that crystal corner it takes forever

And gladiators only have Flash for threat so it wouldn’t have worked out

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Sometimes if a tank complains about me dpsing instead of healing I pretend I’m an arcanist again and dismiss my fairy and spam physick

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Yep

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
so dancer's totally confirmed right

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
so this is our warlords of draenor basically

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
so this is just the dark tower