Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Hey all is that choke point early on in Stormblood all cleared up now?

I tend to wait until after the rush to buy MMO expansions and want to be sure I'm not stuck for hours on end behind a 1,000 other players. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

So I’m playing due to the free login campaign since stopping midway through Heavensward and Warrior feels kinda bad to play now to me with the new system.

What melee class has a smooth rotation I should try?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Guess I’ll give monk a whirl since I don’t have the Stormblood expansion to try samurai or red mage out.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jul 22, 2018

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

60% off Stormblood tempted me back in.

Excited to see how well my Roe backflips as a Red Mage.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

This might be a dumb question, but do the Aetherpool weapons in POTD change color as they level up or are the different colors based on the class?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Blue Mage kind of feels like a throwback to the older, pre-WoW, MMOs. You're going to be hunting skills and figuring out what mixes and matches well together.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Oh lord, it's coming (to mogstation now.)

Whoa that's hilarious and good.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Wow new data centers?

It's been a long time since I saw a MMO expand instead of close and merge its servers.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Here's my shot in the character creator.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Friendly reminder to anyone who hasn't done the event/hasn't been subbed that the FFXV crossover event ends tomorrow morning. Took me about an hour + ~250k MGP to get all the stuff involved (Regalia mount, Noctis outfit, six orchestrion rolls).

There's a free login campaign running until June 17 with a whole 7 days of play time so you don't even have to resub!

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/5d8832c15e6c845e8c76b590f7a8acb26d4921da

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Fun fact: Max height male Roe frequently have a lot of their head out of frame during cutscenes due to being so ridiculously tall.

Source: Me. A Roe player.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I leveled Red Mage to 60 and am thinking over weather to start doing the Stormblood Main Quest as one or as a Warrior or start leveling Samurai to get a feel for that class.

Oh choice paralysis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

OhFunny posted:

I leveled Red Mage to 60 and am thinking over weather to start doing the Stormblood Main Quest as one or as a Warrior or start leveling Samurai to get a feel for that class.

Oh choice paralysis.

I think I've settled on leveling Samurai. The rotation at 50 feels pretty good.