Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
These NIN changes look baller as gently caress. Bigger numbers across the board. Lower TP costs. The Hise thing is neat. Less DoTs to manage. Crit added to Duality. Finally, I shall be a big dick dps. I am stupidly hyped.

Do you go get your first job quest now or at 62?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Everything feels all weird. Had to redo my hotbars. Felt good though. Is it just me or is the text smaller across the board?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I am so hype. I only had time to run a dungeon, do my job quest, and do some MSQ before class, but wow. The changes to NIN already feel great and this is just the tip of the iceberg. I have to fight some muscle memory for Mutilate and stuff like that, but it'll pass. Those big numbers are sooooooo good.

I also swung around a katana a little, but I don't wanna waste life in PotD.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I would've considered just doing a daily LDR, but I expect queues to be pretty yikes for the next few weeks and the duty finder was borked this morning. I figure SAM will be right where I left it in a couple of months when I'm at endgame looking for stuff to do.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Sorry, I thought this was the place to talk about Stormblood.

The new quest jingles and the normal battle music is real good.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Boogalo posted:

The series continues! Coil spoilers at the start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP02ykXXKog

drat. That speech made me emotional. What a guy.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
We won't get stuff like Bartz minion and the PS4 wallpaper until the official release, right?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I finally got around to trying The Feast. It seems cool as heck. What are some basics I should know to play better? NIN if that helps.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
It's like 108 degrees outside right now. The idea of trading Raubahn hell for literally burning alive sounds dumb.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Yeah, I wouldn't be giving out about the instance thing if I could just go do other stuff. But that's two DC's out of PvP. I was in a party with another DGKK lad who got DC'd while we were about to queue for 50/60 DR. Plenty of others are getting DC'd mid dungeon and PotD. FATEs are a mess with so many people. So like...yeah, I could go slap a training dummy, but that kinda sucks.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I did it. I made it past Raubahn. See y'all in Japan.

Also Zenos is great.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I need the Fairly Odd Parents "When do we get the expansion?" "This is the expansion!" meme right quick. The Aldynn family is dead to me.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Farg posted:

And I thought the Burden of the Father and the Burden of the Son were in Heavensward!

This actually made me smile in this dark time. Thank you.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

That's really pretty, but the one in the middle looks drat near exactly like my WoL and it's distracting. Maybe it was me and Raubahn + Pipin Savage was just a fever dream.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I like this middle period where I can use Hellfrog as part of my single target rotation instead of Baeflkafea. I will be sad to see it go from all non-trash fights.

That is if I can ever beat Pipin.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Ocatamai posted:

Servers are reporting that players are using their two person mounts to carry players across and over the wall instead. Incredible.

Holy poo poo, is that a real thing? That's amazing.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I hope somebody saves Ala Mhigo. It won't be me, but somebody should.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Finally beat Pipin. Savage raiding is a lot more difficult than I thought.

They give you a lot more dialogue choices this time around, or at least that's what it feels like. I dig it.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

dogsicle posted:

The patch notes denote the change as affecting 3.x and 4.x, and they specifically mention lv61-69 dungeons in addition to the lv51-59 ones.

Just curious. Does this apply even if you aren't actually the "proper" levelof the dungeon? I got Dusk Vigil (is the HW Vigil, right?) yesterday in LDR, but I wasn't paying attention.

Minrad posted:

"What took you so long?!"

"I mean, it couldn't be as bad as the last time we stood around waiting for something to happen"

there's some really unfortunate NPC dialogue in light of raubahn savage

I wanted to dent her goddamn face in when she said "What took you so long?"

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
At first I was glad to be at work and playing in small increments while things were borked. Now I am sad that everyone is doing cool dungeons and trials without me. Remember me in Not-Japan, fellow goons.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The text on the Syldra mount is great. Also drat, I did not know those earrings would come with that bonus.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I have yet to get any dialogue specific to being a ninja and it's making me really sad.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Fister Roboto posted:

Three days into the expansion and I've already been kicked from a party for not having enough HP as a tank. Great change SE, tanks doing too much damage really needed fixing.

You get kicked a lot.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I forgot how great it is to Hide through all the exploring you have to do in the MSQ. Trash usually doesn't take forever like it did in HW, but it's still pointless to engage with.

I've only hit 2 dungeons so far, but they were both fun and cool. Aether currents continue to be dumb though. I would rather have it all quest gated.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Susano is really hype. Good music. Cool transition. Good feeling playing him too, because it's actually pretty easy to avoid his poo poo if you keep your head on straight. I love when bosses feel like a test of my reflexes more than any of the other sorts.

It's a drat pubbie smasher though. We wiped like 3 times.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Sinteres posted:

People got mad at me in fc chat for saying this, but I started doing the ninja quests since I'm less than half a level to 70, and I either forgot how terrible reading Jacke's dialogue was or they deliberately made it worse. If leaving the city states gets us the hell away from bad dialects, I hope we never go back to them again.

Yeah, no, I'm with you. I remember liking Jacke, but his dialogue was pissing me off. I wanted to ask if he was doing that poo poo on purpose. Dimber damber my rear end, mate.

On the flip side, I think the secret to making me have so much fun with my Scion pals was just to leave all the male ones at home.

Trying to be super mindful of spoilers since I'm only ~65 and trying desperately to stay protected.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The 65 NIN quest reminds me of why I wish we could replay instances. That was some hot stuff.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Ciaphas posted:

Care to spoiler bar what it was? I did the 65 RDM quest yesterday and if all the jobs are taking the same tack then that makes me really look forward to the leveling process for the rest of the jobs.

RDM 65: Going through the last wing of Great Gubal Library--boss included--was inspired and made me feel like a total boss. :c00l:

You, Jacke, Oboro, and Princess Yuki all team up to beat up some bad guys that Karasu seems intent on loving over. V'kebbe and Underfoot show up too. So there's 6 ninjas kicking the poo poo out of everyone. The boss is pretty engaging too, I kept feeling just at the edge of survival. Funny thing I noticed is that J, O, and Y popped Kiss of the Wasp before she the fighting started. I wonder how late into development they decided to remove them for Stormblood.

Naruto hating ninjas are in the wrong profession and should quit while they're behind. More frogs and snakes and jutsu mudras please. I'm sad maintenance will be happening when I get home.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
As far as I can tell, Ninja only got buffed. By doing things like removing two DoTs, adding True Hit, and allowing Duality to crit, NIN numbers are on their way up. Not only are they hitting harder, but it feels like I'm hitting faster with the addition of the Ninki gauge. Now after fighting for a while you can toss a frog or use Bhavacakra to slap some extra DPS down. That plus some QoL stuff like additional Shukuchi during fights where you need to move to and from the boss frequently (hello Alexander) and the death of poisons is nice.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I told myself that I had better things to do, but you guys have convinced me. I need to climb that tower.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

MotU posted:

lol if you have hats turned off instead of glamoring to glasses

My WoL has had hats turned off since...I think since I dropped my Final Coil gear because his hair is great and glasses are for nerds. I think I might've made an exception for the PLD crown you get at 50 since it doesn't actually block anything. I just think the ears on helmets look kinda silly.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
That tower challenge don't gently caress around. Had to tap out after 40 minutes of trying. I will say I am both impressed and totally jealous of everyone who pulled it off.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
It's still a waste of time to buy gear, right? Cause the 66 stuff looks nice, but I know the MSQ gives out HQ stuff from time to time. And it's been ages since I got a dungeon.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
So (dungeon spoilers):

Bardam's Mettle is the new best dungeon, yeah? That second boss is fuckin amazing even if I messed up at the very last bit.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I think I can go ahead and add The Naadam to my list of instances I wish I could replay. That was some fun poo poo. Stormblood has been so drat great.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Augus posted:

It's still really weird that we never got a Bahamut extreme, just Nael.

I figure it's because, much like Odin, Bahamut was already really drat hard. To buff him would be to court death.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

:perfect:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I don't know if Bhavacakra is what I wanted as the strongest NIN attack I got (other than a duality AE I guess), but I suppose Dream Within a Dream ate up all the multiple slash moves.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Light spoiler for the cs right before the 67 dungeon:
Did I spy Oboro? Did he come outta nowhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I try pretty hard to help with aggro management and being a NIN helps, but it's still not easy. I can throw up Shadewalker as soon as it's off cooldown every time, but I can't Smoke Bomb myself. So when it's actually on cooldown, I'm kinda buggered. Sure I'll smoke the other DPS (if they're actually threatening the tank) but that's about it. I suppose I could dump True Hit during dungeons?