Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
*squats and takes dump*

This is new thread. Is fracture a dps increase on bard? Why is yoshi killing the game. I miss Tanaka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

A big flaming stink posted:

So I got this like a year ago and went through the MSQ until about....Ravana, I think?

My friend told me you can start the Stormblood questline right away, but does that permanently skip the rest of heavensward if so? Also would there be spoilers (lol caring about the story of an mmo i know)

i'm too lazy to look but are Summoners ever gonna get new egis

your friend lied to you, unless you wanna shell out like 25 bucks to skip 6 or so levels of good story

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i love ff14 so much u guys

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i'm just running frontlines and gathering during the wait to stay productive. level 63 baby

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
if the pre-order is a bonus then if SE just decided to nix the pre-order minion and earrings we would have nothing to complain about right?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
And I thought the Burden of the Father and the Burden of the Son were in Heavensward!

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Pipin...I'm already in the line

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
5am server time and still hopelessly congested

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
early into kugane

hancock is real and powerful and he's my friend

also drat alphy can draw

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
an npc in a sidequest just started talking in japanese to me

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Bardams Mettle :captainpop:

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

Let me tell you it's really cool seeing people dogpile me for getting treated lovely by pubbies.

i mean, it says something that people in this thread are willing to side with pubbies over you

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
very minor spoiler, just before lochs

why cant alphinaud stop accidentally saying weird pervert things to lady scions

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
The Lochs theme is so good

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
They did better than singularity reactor

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I want Marche's pizza cutter

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
That was your direct blessing of light from hydaelyn. Then you become even a bigger badass without it and get it back on top of that. You never lost the echo though

Omega teaser
i like how Nero is the majima to cids kiryu

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
the final dungeon is so good

"Ishgard remembers, Warrior of Light!"

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
the state of WAR is a kid wanting to do nothing but eat candy and then having his wish come true, but then getting a bad stomach ache

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
SMN in pvp is really fun which is weird because i dislike PVE SMN

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Cythereal posted:

The instructor even bitched at me for attacking the enemy instead of just healing.

ignore this advice, dps as much as possible as healer

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
theoretical effort post about how Thordan and Zenos are both reflections of potential paths the WOL could take with their incredible ever growing power and influence

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
best detail in the final dungeon is Ishgard remembers, Warrior of Light!

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
You could preserve that blue mage feel by letting you get attack "skins" from more exotic sources. Like you can't literally use boss move x, but if you go and get hit by in in EX you can make skill y look like it

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
is the 100gp skill that doubles your yield on the next hit new or have i been very very dumb

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Freak Futanari posted:

For Monks, the indignities never end

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullshit, the old PvP style was way better, because you had to actually think about what you were doing and which skills and cooldowns you used, instead of mashing the autocombo button until either you or the other guy mashing his own autocombo button keels over dead. The only people new PvP is better for is people who somehow failed to grasp that MMOs, in fact, sometimes expect you to press several - and sometimes even many! - buttons

it is indeed much more strategic to hit 1 2 3 4 with 2 different ogcd's as opposed to the childish 1 1 1 1 with only one ogcd

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
The only change they should make to pvp is triple exp rewards, grant tomestones even when not playing a 70 job, and add a poo poo ton of glamour and furniture and minions to be bought

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Renegret posted:

pubbies.txt

this guy loving rules

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Countblanc posted:

if you don't say "to you!" and "to me!" over voice chat every time you do a tank swap i dont wish to know you

AGREED

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
is there a consensus on the proper war rotation? also, levelling crafters

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Y'know, speaking of how strong the WoL is and how they could basically just tell anyone to shut the gently caress up and listen tho them, I wonder if they will ever do much with the elementals of gridania, which are canonically huge assholes and let people die or refuse to let conjurers heal people because They Said So

like, the WoL kills uber-primals for sport. I think they could probably just plant their axe in that big tree in central shroud and go "come at me motherfucker" and the elementals wouldn't really have any response

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Ghost of Starman posted:

So, like, the stuff with the Generic Empire summoning Meteor but actually it was Bahamut and he wrecked faces, all that stuff was the 'end' of the original FFXIV? I mean, that's what I would've guessed (both in terms of 'yeah that seems an appropriately cataclysmic way to reboot an MMO' and also 'after all that stuff happened seems like a really weird place for an MMO to start the main character's personal plotline.' I'm just impressed at how much they must've added and changed to make this new world hang together as well as it generally seems to.

Like, even post-Cataclysm, there's a lot of parts of WoW where I felt like "geez a new player coming into this must be just absolutely baffled." And so far I really haven't had that problem with FFXIV; there's definitely a sense that I'm coming in in the middle of a story, but in a way that feels very naturally like part of a world that is bigger and has things going on outside of the Main Character's hero journey.

Unrelated, but my very first dungeon experience was with a GLD as tank who refused to equip a shield. And then I saw another player running around doing Fates as a shieldless Gladiator as well. Is this A Thing, or are people just being idiots / expressing a strong aesthetic preference for shieldless swordsmen? :P

In a lot of ways, FFXIV is a sequel to a game that no longer exists. 1.0 had a whole plot, that while obviously at the time was meant to go on a lot longer, had a finale and a big dramatic final boss against a dude trying to bring the moon down. A lot of the ancillary stuff got subtly retconned or just rolled into new plots down the line.

If you are enjoying it now, then you are in for a treat because early 2.0/pre-50 is easily the weakest the game is in every category, from plot to characters to gameplay to dungeons to side quests. It's essentially a straight line up in quality all the way to the most recent stuff.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
mage, not wizard

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
german players get to go the verboten land of eureka

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

potaties posted:

gently caress it, just drop Lavos in there already

thats hydaelyn

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Charles Get-Out posted:

O1S is easy enough that the Meat Jerkin' Beef Boys cleared it so no one has anyone excuse really.

even the Randy Savages cleared! no excuses

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I always thought it was "up above uplander"...

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

Also I'm really disappointed that it's "time out of time" instead of "die Alex die".

SAME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Soken went into a fugue state while making Rise