Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Thank you for the new thread, Chairman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Some snap analysis:

WAR: Cannot wait to get hit in the face! But really, Onslaught should ADD 20 Beast Gauge, not cost it.

AST: Why won't loving anything that Squeenix has written down tell me if Minor Arcana randomly picks between Lord and Lady or if half the cards turn into Lord, and the other half turn into Lady, and WHICH HALVES!?

MCH: ...wow, gently caress everything. Now MCH gets to feel what it's like to have a bolted on mechanic. There is no way to control overheat until you hit 62. Involuntary Overheats EVERYWHERE. All the BRDs everywhere just got schadenboners.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Seems I've got a bit of an edge detection problem with my graphics now... It gives me graphical corruption around the edges of particle effects and obliterates eyebrows. Anyone else got this too? Because it was working fine on Wednesday, and I'm trying not to chase my tail on something I can't control.

edit: I also feel like slightly less of a dork for plotting out how I was going to rearrange my bars in advance... I broke a bunch of bars up into 2x6es and 3x4es, and if it weren't for this handy little excel sheet this would be much more annoying.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jun 16, 2017

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

...well, they did *something* to the AA. Which is strange, because I run 0x AA.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Guess I'll be grinding relics on Warframe instead tonight. Should get that Quanta Vandal, I missed it the last time around.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Stormblood doesn't want to play nice with me. Left side, dedicated graphics card, right side, integrated graphics.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Minrad posted:

updated drivers? problems in other games?

Most recent and the version just before, and no problems in other games, this wasn't happening before maintenance, yes, I already checked and submitted a bug report. Alas.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jun 17, 2017

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
That will just kill performance even more. there's a reason why we collectively moved to DX11. I mean, I could test it for science, but really, I tanked all of ICC10 on sub-15 FPS, I don't want to have to play my MMOs like that ever again.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Alright, I'mma go play on Omega for a bit, get that 15 day sub and help grind up FC marks. Where's the goonhouse again?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Emalde posted:

Not sure if anybody has answered yet, but it picks the minor arcana randomly.

Hey, I thought that would have been buried and forgotten. Thanks for following up on that, Mal!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Farg posted:

an npc in a sidequest just started talking in japanese to me

If the untranslated line you're talking about has two Au Ra in it, one male and one female, I believe the untranslated line says, "<Another NPC name>. From now on, I would like to go outside the village of <Not sure how to read that. Water?>"

Unless there are multiple places that they missed translation.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
61 DUNGEON IS loving AWESOME

10/10, WOULD GET HIT IN THE FACE FOR THE BENEFIT OF OTHERS AGAIN

(Seriously, what a goddamn upgrade from whatever the gently caress Dusk Vigil was.)

Also Kugane is so goddamn pretty, I just want to run around with my UI off.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Dr Snofeld posted:

Well, Stormblood seems to have reintroduced that old DX11 error I used to get where the game crashes at random, seemingly endemic to the R9 3xx series of GPUs. Used to be a certain older driver would keep it from happening, but no longer. Fuckin sucks.

I unironically think it's a problem endemic to anything GCN-derived, so going as far back as the 7000-series.

This is what happens when I use the DX11 client:

This is what happens when I use the DX9 client:

Problems that I did not have before the Stormblood maintenance.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I miss _Flash_. As a warrior, of all things, I miss Flash the most.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Play-by-play of the SB WAR job quest:

Hey, it's a regular Roe-town Bro-down Showdown! (It helps that I too, am a Roe. =D )

Oh wait, it gets *better*.

....oh wait, it gets *worse*.

....can we please stop doing AoEs that I have to dodge so I can get back to Fell Cleaving you in the face?!

OKAY, STOP WITH THE AOEs.

AND THE HITTING. =E

JESUS, making me have to switch to Defiance to top off....

Oh god, it got *worse*.

Kuvo posted:

time to check in on hoary boulder and co...

She thirstyyyyyyyyyy

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 19, 2017

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Kanfy posted:

I guess it only half-counts but have they done the clash thing before? It definitely caught me a bit off-guard, but then there's quite a few raids I've never done.

Ah, that's a QTE, is it? So you mash with mouseclicks, or do you know if there's a button you can mash on your keyboard instead?

(I assume Numpad 0 works as the default, but I'm curious to see if just any input button works.)

(edit: Actually, come to think of it, if Numpad 0 works, doesn't that mean that the Japanese inherently have an advantage on this kind of stuff with 00 keys on their numpad?)

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
SUSANO'O WAS GREAT. 10/10 WOULD INTERCEPT GIANT SWORDS WITH MY FACE AGAIN. Although does it seem like last expansion's gear may not last quite as long into the expansion this time around?

I can't wait until I get to 70 and start doing EX.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

ONION KNIGHT NEXT JOB?!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Thumbtacks posted:

It's harder to judge individual performance as a tank, which turns a lot of people off of it. Or at least I think it's less fulfilling. Like as a DPS I can always tighten my rotation or try for bigger numbers, but the only satisfaction I get off tanking is pulling increasingly bigger packs and surviving, but that's at least 50% on the healer too.

What's fulfilling is eating the tankbuster and laughing it off, either because you set up your mitigation properly, or because you're primed to top yourself/be topped off afterwards as a result. C'mon, first SB primal, you think tanks don't get a loving rush from the transition?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Hrm. I wonder if they actually leaned into this all the way across the entire game. I would appreciate it if it did.

This makes me wonder if the dialogue at the end of the 63 WAR quest changes based on race and/or gender.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Falcon mount looks to be pretty good. I'm sure we're all getting it purely because we were going to be subbed for the duration anyways.

Deets: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/mount_campaign_2017/

We did it, guys! FFXIV is finally popular enough to be targetted with DDOSes!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
http://massivelyop.com/2017/06/20/e3-2017-final-fantasy-xivs-naoki-yoshida-on-stormblood-design-and-themeparks/
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/20/final-fantasy-xiv-team-picks-new-jobs-creates-minions/

Some things to read during maintenance.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Jun 21, 2017

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

unseenlibrarian posted:

The comparison I keep hearing is Urahara, and apparently the JP voice actor is doing an impression of him if it's not the guy himself.

Kisuke is a lot more jokey, Hancock is just smarm.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm not sure if it's for my taste but the Caster set from there is decidedly not casterish by this game's standards.

The TANK gear isn't tankish by this game's standards. You get slutplate, you get slutplate, EVERYBODY GETS SLUTPLATE!

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jun 21, 2017

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Another unanswered question, that probably already has an answer: Is it worth it to pop Thrill to boost Upheaval's damage? Probably not. Would be a much more compelling thing to do if the CD on Upheaval were shorter, but I did notice that Thrill was tacking on an extra 30% onto Upheaval on a dummy, whenever I could get the drat thing to not crit.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Skaw posted:

Anyone with a lore book, is there anything in there about the Keeper of the Entwined Snakes, the hyur in white armor who is always with Kan-E? If you talk to him optionally while tasked with speaking to all the Leaders before unlocking the final MSQ dungeon, he drops some information about himself I found pretty neat. If anyone passed over him and wants to know: He's a former Imperial from Cartenau who Kan-E had spared. It's kinda neat that there are effectively two people close to Eorzean leaders that are former members of the empire, one being a Garlean herself.

Was three, lest you forget about Eline Roaille.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
This is a criticism not unique to DRK and WAR, but they were too timid to rock the boat when they should have been rejiggering some skills to become available to the player much sooner, rather than sticking them all at the end. And some of the decisions are just bad.

I still think PLD needs Sheltron <15, <30 at the latest.
MCH needs Cooldown at the same time as Gauss Barrel, not ten levels later.
Onslaught should either cost nothing and be a straight cooldown, or generate 20 wrath on use.
AST making cards into a gauge instead of card buffs means I have to allocate an extra skill to dump cards instead of just right-clicking them off. I also can't see what the other AST has pulled anymore so I can know whether or not its safe to blow my load and not get overwritted.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Zerilan posted:

Item needed to damage a boss fate sold on the market board for 40m. Gonna pay for my small FC's mansion in Kugane almost entirely off one item.

Was zur Hölle?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Some advice for people who are still working on getting a character to level 30 on a "preferred" server for the purposes of getting 15 days free. (Roll on omega, give the gil to eurogoons!)

Level a gatherer.

That's right, level a gatherer. It'll only take a two or three hours instead of a couple days. Fishing will probably be the least-bad, what with being able to just stand still and fish.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

SettingSun posted:

As a WAR I feel like I'm flat out taking more damage, even in synced content. My health is see-sawing all over the place and I'm afraid to chain pull more than two packs for fear of my safety. Also I'm mourning the loss of Flash enough that I should probably hold a funeral.

I too, feel this way, and have taken to just shoving as much Tenacity into my gear as possible. If it does what it says it's supposed to do, anyways. Losing Bloodbath really, really hurt, and I could especially use it more than ever going Bloodbath -> Berserk -> Steel Cyclone -> Steel Cyclone -> Infuriate -> Steel Cyclone.

And man, do I miss Path's 10% debuff.

Also, RIP CCable Flash.

Holyshoot posted:

combat class takes a few days even if you spam skip through the story?

Well, I suppose if you poopsocked it, you could do it in a day, but I did it without the benefit of the Ala Mhigan Earring. I spent the weekend of early access casually levelling an archer to 30 instead of throwing myself at Raubahn EX.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
My commendations go to whichever person hosed up the least, and only until I get the challenge log entry. Which is fine, pubbie quality tails off severely after Thursday anyways.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

cheetah7071 posted:

Is there actually a limitation that grade 6 materia can only go in the first slot, or was that just a fever dream I had while reading the patch notes?

I believe that Grade 6 materia cannot go into a slot beyond Overmeld 1.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Ciaphas posted:

Also can I just say again how loving amazing the last boss of the 67 dungeon is, and can I have his weapon please stares meaningfully at avatar

God, yes. I have wanted one of those drat Magitek hammer things for myself for ARR and HW, and if you're not going to give us that, I will take the chainsawgun instead.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
You think pulling out entirely-inappropriate weapons is bad, try feeling emasculated when you have _an entirely appropriate tank weapon_ and instead of putting yourself in between Lethal Attack (fig. A) and Intended Victim (fig. B), you just stand there like a Numpty (fig. C).

The little bit of job-agnostic "I'm using my echo!" to ward off tempering at 67 was greatly appreciated.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jun 23, 2017

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Coughing Hobo posted:

So... the Warrior of Light is an atom bomb?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMzCpy0fXc

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Augus posted:

like, just having it on my hotbar makes me tempted to use it as an oGCD damage move out of habit.

I am still trying to break the muscle memory of just reflexively throwing out Low Blow between Heavy Swing and Maim.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

WAR AF3 is really good.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
:agreed: now let me steal her clothes and then feed her to the sharks.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Draynar posted:

I think he might have had the late emperors face.

Can't be, wasn't he old as poo poo when he died?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Ciaphas posted:

Just remembered the actual true reason I don't like tanking, and that's getting lousy DPS. 35ish minutes for spoopyship wowww :geno:

Think I'm gonna level SAM when I don't feel like waiting for the expert DR queue on RDM. :v:

I had forgotten what LLDR was like.

:what: