Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
They're hopefully leaving the clear tokens themselves in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Imagine queuing for a dungeon for a reason that isn't "welp, it's time to go fast and spam my aoe skill". Dungeons are literally the only place in the game they let you do that poo poo.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Reducing DoT tracking is one of the things I actually like about nu-Scholar, it was the last job that had multiple ones of different durations I think?

Yeah I. SMN dots were both 30s since 4.0 I think. I extremely do not care if I have to 321 or 21 as my rotation, but as long as they fixed that I'm good. :v:

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Not that anyone is going to care (the thread and discord have both made that very clear) but I do apologise for getting wound up and snippy yesterday. It's just kind of annoying to see a job you've probably spent a thousand hours playing get worse while a bunch of people mansplain it to you or troll away

{Don't worry about it.}

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
a real good way to fix eureka would be to give players 1) the ability to queue directly for the dungeon so they can actually do it together, and 2) to make an alternate way to access the relic grind.

1) if i have to roll RNG to get into the same instance as all my friends, that's just the shittiest possible game design. there's literally no excusing this.

2) the whole point of old relics for me was clearing almost any old and current content at my own pace, and maybe get something shiny at the end of the expansion. now it's locked to a side thing that's completely decoupled from the entire rest of the game.

e: if i could access some kind of alternate grind for relic, i might have even visited eureka some more to at least get the levels out eventually. as it was tho, i just unsubbed instead.

Truga fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 31, 2019

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

ImpAtom posted:

You can queue with friends and all get into the same instance assuming it's a normal Full Party.

BA requires a bunch of parties tho

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

FuzzySlippers posted:

So 5.0 doesn't hit till the actual expansion? I wasn't sure how long this Mog thing was gonna run

Yeah, 5.0 is only going to go live on 28th, with early access start.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
^^^^ wow why does that catgirl have 4 ears, also why is the top right ear reversed lmao

Ibblebibble posted:

It might be alright in aoe dungeon situations, but against bosses it's a waste of mana when you should be using Holy Spirit. Come ShB it won't even have the aoe excuse with Holy Circle coming.

Yeah the only things healers have over paladin is higher potency aoe attacks, but even then as a sch i have enough ogcd poo poo to keep a tank floating easily in recent dungeons without ever touching a gcd heal.

4.0 dungeons are an entirely different matter tho, especially if the tank is doing door to door pulls. Those things are still not nice to scholars. I got a temple of the fist yesterday and some of the bigger pulls can be a bit insane despite the tank having OK gear.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Uhh yeah. I remember getting yelled at a few times in swtor for using the bigass aoe skill healers there get constantly when I should be healing. And I didn't play that game a lot.

So yeah, to respond to that question of "why is honest healing a term only in ff14", it's because apparently in other mmos honest healing is the norm apparently lmao :ms:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Saigyouji posted:

SCH AoE's actually kinda weird now without Bane. At 2/3 mobs it's going to be better to multi-dot Biolysis and then just spam AoW, with AoW spam alone breaking even with Biolysis at 4 mobs.

Yeah I was thinking about losing bane yesterday and I'm not that sad after all? I'll spam bio3sis on everything while running, then start AoW once the train hits a door.

Vermain posted:

would look incredibly silly (Viera wearing a full helmet with their ears popping up like a goofy pair of antenna)

this would be the best thing about it, tho?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

sunaurus posted:

I always enjoy tanking most in MMO games but I've been leveling as a dragoon because I was told that it's a huge waste to use MSQ exp on a tank, considering the fact that it's easy to level a tank through dungeons. I got a bit bored of being DPS, though, so I've been trying out marauder. It's 10 levels behind my dragoon right now and I think I'll be setting the dragoon aside so I can continue the MSQ as a tank after all, it's just much more fun for me.

The only thing I'm worried about is MSQ dungeons as a tank. The early dungeons have been pretty straight-forward (as far as I can tell), do they get more complicated as I get to higher level ones? Would you guys consider it rude to queue as the tank without knowing anything about the dungeons I'm queueing for?

always queue for everything blind, always watch all the cutscenes, never apologize.

ok, maybe for old savage/extreme content don't go in *completely* blind, but for everything else you can and should do that and if people give you poo poo over it, they're the baddies

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
The best thing about that was the 1000 people all doing that quest on launch day and the consequence of there being 3000 of those chocobos around them, constantly spamming those things. It was amazing. So many dead people.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
If you want like 500 tomes in one sitting for mostly just shitposting online, queueing for MSQDR at an hour not close to the daily roulette reset will get you that. Around the reset time it's fairly rare to get a newbie in, but later in the night you still get a mostly instant queue as tank and get those extra 100 tomes. Also a shitton of xp if you have any tanks left to level.

For a more active playing thing, shiva, leviathan, ramuh, final steps.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

SettingSun posted:

It's a nice break as a SCH since in the sub 30 dungeons the fairy is a better healer than you are.

not after 5.0! :kheldragar:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

UHD posted:

on that note do healers still have rescue

because triggering people by rescuing them into the donut hole of suzaku is one of the few times i feel true joy

i wanted to tank in lava in lota the other day and got rescued out :saddowns:
e: speaking of lota, the eurogoon datacenter also tries to tank bone dragon north, but we bone zoned them good that time

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

The tooltip is entirely accurate as to what it does. It places yourself at the top of the emnity list, no more, no less.

i think it gives you one enmity if you're already on top since it moves you to the top of the list again :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
you're doing the right thing

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

somepartsareme posted:

all zones in the first use eureka leveling where you have to collect Darkness Experience

also, the only class that can collect darkness experience is DRK, thus SE solving both their raubahn ex and lack of tanks issues with a single patch

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

funkmeister posted:

Obviously, the WoL way to reconcile the two is to beat them up at the same time.

ah, the nanoha school of friendship through superior firepower

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

queeb posted:

gotta say with the almbums on spotify now, heavensward takes the cake for my favorite one. they nailed that whole expansion.

yeah. ARR has a bunch of good music, SB has a bunch too, but HW felt like it had zero bad songs

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I have to say I *really* like the "targets are locked in when the aoe marker disappears/cast bar ends" thing. It's unintuitive, but my dumb self had it figured out by level 15 dodging those overpowering enemies on middle la noscea, trying to find out why I keep getting hit. It's very obvious if you take a minute and pay attention to it imo.

On the other hand, you gain a *fuckton* of confidence of when enemy skills are gonna murder you because it's incredibly exact, because the attack animations being elaborate pieces of trash fire that can often be completely impossible to read. I'm glad they sacrificed a tiny bit of intuitiveness for a ton of extra verbosity. They also trust the client to a pretty big degree on "where were you when the aoe locked in". I played on west coast servers for a few weeks from eastern europe, and when the connection was stable I could still dodge titan EX bullshit fine.

In an action RPG, you can't get away with this kind of bullshit at all. Every attack needs to be straightforward, so you can read when to dodge. In a game like FF14 where the spectacle is often at least 50% of the enjoyment of even the harder fights and obvious telegraphs and cast bars exist, I rather have the stupidity of dying to something when I'm on the other side of the arena now, but keep those silly animations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Also, login queues are per datacenter as far as I know.

Also also, definitely get on Omega if you're playing on EU.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo I need to do that too. My muscle memory compels me to spam the protect button while loading into areas, it's gonna be great zoning into a dungeon and chat is full of ":rip: {Protect}" :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
It's not so bad in in the 50-52 stretch, but when the xp from mob kills isn't a large % of your total anymore it becomes very poo poo IMO.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Fister Roboto posted:

Also HW definitely had zone instancing at release, I remember it being particularly frustrating to group with people before they hammered out the kinks.

Yeah, at the start you'd just get thrown into a random one, it took a week or so before they added the "go through instance border to chose your instance" IIRC.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

UHD posted:

stuff like that is absolutely mythical to me because ive blown a healer lb early in a dungeon for laughs and I barely get chastised let alone kicked

what's even funnier is, i was playing with another dps friend, and he voted no obviously, so both the healer and tank had to click yes, and what the gently caress are they gonna use the lb for in braflox??

e: also they probably had to abort because my friend quit too after they killed the next pack. i don't think they knew how to search for more players lmao