Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

somepartsareme posted:

yeah every company does it but usually you dont have the face of the game outright say "we want lgbt money but have to be careful not to alienate bigots"

Somehow still less blunt than last time's "If we get too gay we're going to piss off South Korea"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
My guess the Nier tie-in will happen via Crystal Tower fuckery.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rhonne posted:

I wonder if there are any jobs that don't exist in the First. Like, do they have any machinist? Do they even know what a gun is?

you're gonna need to be able to buy guns and find them in dungeons so by necessity yeah

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Taking your boss hostage is a good way to lose any future bodyguard work

or like, your life

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Krabboss posted:

I'm not excusing what I did and I deserved the report. Definitely being a bad player is a worse offense than being mean to a bad player though, especially if a bad player thinks they have the right to speak to me.

"the right to speak to me"

Every post you've ever made in this thread makes you sound like the most insufferable shithead

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Vitamean posted:

I think they meant more of garleans as a race? Since all the other races get parallels in the First. Even Amalj'aa.

Depends on whether or not they got off Illsabard before it got swallowed up I guess

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Eimi posted:

even the gross gay comic relief villain who's tortured into becoming a flesh robot.

the who

Are you talking about Grynewaht?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Martin BadClixx posted:

Final boss of the doma dungeon

Edit: yes

I legitimately don't see the gay thing? Did I miss something?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The entirety of Grynewaht's characterization is that he's a big stupid idiot who has decided the Warrior of Light is his arch nemesis while being completely unaware of who he's loving with. The only thing I could see as remotely queer coded is the blush on his face which...is a reach? Especially when if you wanna talk about queer coded villains in this game Zenos is right there and not particularly subtle at all.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Eimi posted:

If you play with Japanese audio he's incredibly gay coded and it was really gross. I have no idea what he sounds like in English so they probably dropped that part of his character.

Edit: gross as in let's make him a gay villain for laughs, not that he is gay, just to clarify.

Okay I was actually completely unaware of this

Do you have some examples because googling "Grynewaht" and "voice" and "gay" just gives me 4chan threads and that's Not Happening

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Eimi posted:

That's basically what it was, that way he's super loud and emotive in response to things, his inflection, he's basically speaking with a lisp. At least it sounds like it to me. Like he'd be a guest character alongside Hard Gay or something.

I definitely do not hear it. He just sounds like a loud oaf character. If he was supposed to be gay coded or whatever I feel it would be way way more blatant.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dr Pepper posted:

Presumably they would have made another support job when deciding this instead of just having Bard.

They had to make Alphinaud and Alisaie twins because they couldn't afford to make another model an extra job at ARR launch wasn't ever in the cards

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Arzachel posted:

That's probably not going to happen thanks to the horrifiying mess of backend code they're dealing with.

Yeah they've said this is another "the game will self-destruct if we do this" things

it's also why they can't add a glamour dresser housing item

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Just realized that two new races means two new sets of retainer personalities

I wonder which will be the weirdly horny one this time

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

somepartsareme posted:

maybe im just still mad about no male viera but the "we wanted to make a beastly race" excuse is so lame when they still went with super humanoid proportions instead of actually looking like the ronso from ffx

Imagine the problems hrothgar have with helmets but for every piece of equipment in the game

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Ninjas are already nearly limited to their AFs if they want to look like a ninja.

Sticking them with striking really wouldn't help that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

CuddlyZombie posted:

PBC photo session was fun and it's a fun FC, have fun with us in Shadowbringers!

I'm the ginger lalafell photobombing you