Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Rand Brittain posted:

How many nice people named "Inquisitor" have you ever met?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Renegret posted:

I remember doing those quests and I did them during patch 2.5.

Why were they removed though? Horrible DPS queues?

I'm pretty sure even a tank would get abysmal queue times for those.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Argas posted:

Looks more like that little Imperial outpost to the east of Castrum Oriens and north of the big bridge.

It's Castellum Veloydyna.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

No

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

NachtSieger posted:

I hear it's got really good stuff for Paladins, including armor I can penta meld?
It's also a soulcrushing hellgrind at first, it's meerly tedious after about level 10 but getting there is not fun.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

I'm really late but I guess I'll post my adventures in /gpose.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

He just likes to let everyone else know this at every opportunity.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

ARF spawns you inside the boss arena even when you're watching the cutscene IIRC.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

SonicRulez posted:

I've done Moggle Mog regular and EX about 200 times each. I have no clue what the mechanics are. I just know they're different between the two and doing them wrong causes a swift wipe.

Mog hard does an AOE when his health hits a certain point that is a hard wipe if more than like, 6 of the adds are still alive, unsynced you can get away with only killing about 3 of them but synced it's probably safer to burn them all down before hitting the boss.

Mogex is the easiest to gently caress up, Mog himself is invicible if any of the adds are still allive, but any time one of them dies he will use his health to revive them/fully heal the rest. After the third time one of the adds dies instead of healing them, he just starts a 30 second enrage timer, so the trick is to get them all low before killing one. Or run 8 WHM and just spam holy.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Mobs can't move while casting so it's better to avoid AOEs.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

If we're posting our chocobros then say hello to Tater everyone.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Literally will have to tell you exactly which pair of glasses those are,

Those are the classic spectacles, it's a level 40 GSM recipe.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Brainamp posted:

Amon's hat. BRD and MCH only.

That parts a bit harder to nail down. There are a lot of floofy dresses. The Thavnairian Autumn Wool Dress is a good start.

I'm pretty sure the Welkin hat from the AST AF2 set holds the trophy for "biggest hat".

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Aldo is for pre-shielding a big hit.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

I don't remember where I read it but I remember seeing somewhere that Midgardsormr was actively dying when he landed and Mom had to work to heal him. I think Omega mentions it as the reason it couldn't find him.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

The blue line signifying a debuf is cleanseable is part of the stock UI, you cannot turn it off.

Astroniomix fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 12, 2018

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

"Little Sun"

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Ytlaya posted:

As someone still moving through the MSQ (I think I'm close to starting Stormblood; I just finished the dungeon where you kill a bunch of bird people, something starting with an X), what is all this O-number-S stuff people keep talking about?

Also, is it worth creating my own Party Finder group for continuing the Binding Coil stuff? I haven't seen one for the 2nd part yet (and feel like I may have gotten lucky with finding one for the first part).

O is for "Omega" the number is for which fight it is, fights are released in groups of 4 so O1-4 are the first tier, 5-8 the second and then 9-12 are the current tier that got released this week. The "s" means it's the savage version of that fight.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Ytlaya posted:

I think I'm officially in Stormblood now. I just finished a fight against the Warriors of Darkness and all the cutscenes that followed. I like having Alisiaie (or however you spell her name) be the more direct action-oriented of the twins.

This game has an extremely solid JRPG plot.

You're not quite to stormblood. There's 2 more big plot points to cover before you get there.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

IDGI

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Griz posted:

iirc it only procs if the player is affected by a spell (not ability) that does some amount of direct healing. AST regen will do it because it has a small heal built in, WHM regen won't because that only applies the regen effect. tetra, essential dignity, and the regen bubbles don't work.

ED should work because it's an actual heal and not a "just set their HP to full" like tetra.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I don't think it would even be difficult to balance for 4 man content.

I'm glad to see you completely forgot that 8 mans exist.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

The strongest argument against DNC doing damage to generate healing is that it would give honest healers an aneurysm and I doubt SE wants to do that.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

I've since switched out the blindfold for shades.

I get a lot of weird tells.

What are the arms?

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Ciaphas posted:

So hyperbole aside, how much attention are Scholars actually paying to the tank during the dungeon, like the trash and similar

To me the whole "let Eos do it" has always smacked of memery and I've always been a touch panicky. But that was a year ago in a non end of cycle context

Sub 35-40 content you really can just leave everything to eos. At 70 your fairy + your OGCDs are enough to keep up with anything the dungeons can hit your tank with. Unless your DPS aren't doing anything in which case you might run out of aetherflow and have to hard cast something.

If the tank does single pulls your fairy can handle everything with no input from you whatsoever.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

You can now store 4 lilies.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Die Sexmonster! posted:

The only problem with DRK's current setup is you could drain all your MP then have none left for melee attacks (remember, TP is going away.) So something's gotta give.

This is only going to be true if they don't just make TP moves free. Which I think is more likely.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

IIRC the thing where someone leaving a PF party causes their slot to be locked to whatever job they were unless the leader manually resets it is still a thing.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

It's worth mentioning that MCH and BRD also had cast bars back then.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

If I could make a highlady but viera I'd be tempted to swap.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Draxion posted:

I don't know that I've ever been able to hear it tbh, for some bosses the music comes through really clearly and other times I can't tell when it changes out of the pianochanting stage

Garuda goes very quickly nowadays and her music takes a minute to really get going.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

remigious posted:

A few days ago I hit 50 and completed the Praetorium, but the quests after that have all been level 50. I did some googling and saw that there are a TON of level 50 quests before the Heavensward content...do I really have to do all of these level 50 quests first? It is frustrating running all over the place and hardly getting any xp.

Those quests bridge the gap between the expansions. You have to do all of them.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

The only issue with a12s unsynced is back in 4.0 is the phases tended to get pushed too fast so there wasn't enough time to build up LB3 and divine judgement still did enough damage to kill non tanks.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

I think their point was more along the lines of balance not being the only useful card.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

omg chael crash posted:

I was likely going to play a tank because that’s what I do in most MMOs these days — I just wanted to make sure that leveling a tank wouldn’t take forever if I have to quest solo

Anything that isn't explicitly a boss fight (which almost always will take place in a special battle instance) will die in a few seconds even against healers. Quests focus more on "go here, do thing, go back and talk to person" than grinding through a bunch of monster HP.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Captain Cappy posted:

I'm casting clemency to not trigger excog.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

How can you guys talk about tanks and DPS using healing spells and not talk about the summoners trying to heal people?

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Xaitil posted:

Reveal your secrets!

I think this is a joke about how getting the jackpot on the mini-cactapot requires you to chose a line with 1,2, and 3 in it.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

It's pretty hilarious that this game seems to have so much power creep that when you do the quest for artifact armor they literally give you another complete set of better artifact armor on the spot. I do remember people saying the original level 50 gear they give you is no longer any good (Which is crazy because it's soooo much better than anything you get before 50). Also the best possible bow at 50 looks like some random crafted wood bow and none of this relic green blue magic stuff

It's because there's literally 3 raid tiers worth of gear between the end of the praetorium and the start of HW and they don't want people to have to grind tomes for a week just to be able to do the already overly long 2.X MSQ.

I'm not sure how any of this is a surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

I've been hearing about it happening a lot more frequently recently.