Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

good night dark knight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I'm using a 1070 and approaching the Raubahn dogpile makes my client really unstable and it will usually crash eventually. I never had issues displaying the max number of players before 4.0 though

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Minrad posted:

Instability would probably be CPU related, not GPU. My 1060 has no problems, but my CPU gets under heavy load if I go over medium character display.

that could be it, my CPU is a bit older

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Nice neck, lady

(level 69 MSQ spoilers)

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

cheetah7071 posted:

Dragoon has a move called Dragon Sight. It has a range of 6 yalms (double melee range or so), and targets a party member. For the duration of the buff, the Dragoon gets a 10% damage buff and the other DPS gets a 5% damage buff, but only if they stay within 6 yalms. There's a red tether between them if they're close enough, so it's visually obvious.

aw heck I think I've broken that a bunch because I thought it was a boss mechanic

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

ImpAtom posted:

Look.

FFXIV is obviously an allegory for how mankind is tainted by both religion and patriotic zeal. It is a game where the central theme is that gods are worthless and while country is important it is more important to bond with other nations than to put yourself above the others. Of course the central theme is that religion is evil and must be destroyed in all its forms, even seemingly benevolent ones.

all religions are bad except for the correct one (worshipping the twelve)

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

You don't actually have to click the button, you can mash spacebar instead, or even do both

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

SwissArmyDruid posted:

No character plays exactly like Arms Warrior yet, but if you want to swing around huge fuckoff swords and axes you have DRK and WAR respectively. Both are tanks.

Alternatively, if you want 2H melee dps + platemail aesthetic + high mobility like an arms warrior you could pick DRG. Or you could pick SAM which is a 2H melee dps in a robe and wizard hat

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

ghostinmyshell posted:

I'm starting to remember my frustration with Alex releasing where if you don't get early on enough the first day and get loot drops you are kinda hosed for the week.

What changes after the first day?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Obligatum VII posted:

It totally does.

And I hope Omega works out this whole "heroes" thing right at the end when we inevitably fight it and applies it to itself and suddenly starts pulling out straight up limit breaks and stuff.

O12 has no threat table and just melees the healers to death at the start of the fight

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Oxyclean posted:

Nah, Savage mode shouldn't have drops. Why do you need better gear if you can kill the hardest stuff? The reward should be the sense of accomplishment and the friends you lost along the way!

And the amazing mounts!

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Velthice posted:

WoW gave bags of swag to try and incentivize tanks and healers queuing and it still didn't really make a difference. The plight of dps queues is eternal, absolute, one of the supreme laws of the universe.

This isn't true, or at least it wasn't when Legion launched: on my warrior I would queue as dps if the tank bag wasn't available and consistently get in well under 5 minutes. I even saw dps listed as the bonus role at least once

I'm sure it helps that WoW groups have three dps instead of two but people want those loot bags

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 7, 2017

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

funkymonks posted:

Honest healer question. I decided to swap to healer as primary for Stormblood and am at level 35 white mage. I could dps a lot up until about level 30 but now i mostly feel like I have to Regen and cure spam to keep a tank from falling over. Is this just levelling pains of not having my full toolset and undergeared tanks? Or is there something I'm missing?

I'm chaining dungeons to level and it seems like I might get 1 tank in 6 who isn't a sack of wet tissue.

Make sure you're using Lucid Dreaming if you aren't: the description makes it sound like it's just a threat reducer but it also has Refresh Potency: 80 over 21 seconds which is a ton of restored MP, it's pretty necessary if you want to dps and heal and if you're not using it dungeon healing starts to feel pretty tought at 30+

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Kalenn Istarion posted:

You are wrong

EVE is good

EVE isn't a post 2005 mmo tho

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Paladin 60-70 should have you be Mozgus from Berserk.

you mean Arcanist

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

hobbesmaster posted:

Offtanks are incredibly underused in encounter design in this game. I don't think any story mode has a tank swap for example.

I think Square designs most main scenario content around the assumption that at least one of the tanks and one of the healers won't know what they're doing

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Mordiceius posted:

I think it's more that Elidibus is Zenos now and Zenos's body is going to be the "Nidhogg's eyes" of 4.x/5.0. We'll get a reveal in 4.5 that Elidibus is Zenos now and something will spark the invasion of Garlemald just how Nidhogg's eyes sparked the invasion of Gyr Abania.

Nidhogg's eyes cleverly transferred their power to Zenos' corpse before they could be destroyed

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

most popular MMOs have you visiting a moon sooner or later

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Obligatory Denmo video for fat choco discussions.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CJugrJsYKl4

I like his first one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHgwsA59WOY

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

funny names are a gift that never stops giving

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

homeless snail posted:

Yeah the most commonly used action, jumping.

:hai:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

My stupid name still entertains me in 2019

https://imgur.com/a/zTjYgxK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

the final final end boss of Drakengard 1 and Drakengard 3 is an extremely difficult rhythm game

Here's a youtube of Drakengard 3's final boss (nsfw kinda): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49gLC9yiGOg if you miss any of the pulses, including the ones that play after the screen darkens and the final cutscene starts, you die and have to start the rhythm game over

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jun 26, 2019