Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

hello this is a video game we shall soon play

I am spear man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

GoldenPrice posted:

Has anyone here beaten the lvl 70 dragoon job quest? I wiped 5 times last evening then decided to try again tomorrow and now i wiped 5 more times.

Is there some trick or something i am missing here?

Not sure if anyone responded to this, but you're supposed to be told to hit Elusive Jump by <spoiler>, but he is mistranslated into English. When Enervation hits you, Elusive Jump to the small dragon.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

warrior also has no button that shields other party members from taking damage, like both pld and drk do

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I think it's pretty rad that Paladin has been charging their JO crystals so long (check their questline) that they've become capable of spending their mana on shooting holy nukes at things and outDPSing most pubbies that way

warrior is just more fell cleaves and dark knight is warrior wannabe (while doing up to 40% less DPS than a paladin)

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

Pretty satisfied with stormblood through the end and paladin is loving sick.

Also strength tanked all the content without any issue. I put on a couple pieces of jewelry for trash in the last two dungeons, but I probably didn't even need that.

both my tanks wore full 270 strength when we killed lakshmi and susanoo extreme in two pulls

S-E sure poo poo the bed this time with forcing vitality on tanks this time

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

wait a loving second

SB MSQ spoiler if Lyse decides to leave the Scions because she can't stay neutral anymore, what about the WoL and how they pick and join a grand company? doesn't that make us non-neutral too

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

So, uh, something I just realized:

In the original version of FF6, Cyan's name was Kaien

His son? Shun.

Just pointing that out.

cyan is kaien in the not localization butchered original ff6 ya dingus

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

The movement abilities in this game are funny like that;
- for the purposes of targeted AOE, your hitbox is where you hit the at button until you land at your destination, plus server lag
- for poo poo in your PATH to the location, your hitbox is ALSO there, because as far as the server is concerned, you are indeed moving to that location, something you also visually are doing
- for poo poo that triggers upon seeing you within it's line of sight and having a reaction based on that, you are present at the origin point and at the destination at the same time, but not in the line towards the destination

this is the same for all movement abilities, including Elusive Jump, Aetherial Manipulation, Rescue, Plunge, Shoulder Tackle, et cetera

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

yoshida's response on the difficulty of gordias is a funny one because it wasn't JUST that the fights were nail-bitingly hard that was a problem with that patch

a3s not dropping any weapon upgrades was a really big problem because it continued to be insanely hard to beat a3s until you beat a4s, when you finally could get weapon upgrades

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/9c59749659a08d7101906f1389ca8ad89cb580c1

I guess your chance to go to Omega and play with eurogoons is gone

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Carmant posted:

Have they ever said why the glamour system is so unintuitive. In both of their other MMOs you literally just equip the gear and click a button and bam thats what you look like now. You can even use gear from other classes as an appearance. Was it some dumb server thing or ps3 limitation or holdover from the 1.0 engine.

Also what about all the destination markers you have to click on. Why cant they just make stuff spawn seamlessly. That must be a 1.0 engine thing right?
it's mostly due to how dumb their database structure is set up and how the game saves the state of all players' EVERYTHING every few fragments of a second

essentially they're so terrified of players losing data that they are hamstrung in what they can do

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

we went over the double FT rotation before SB was even out in the math nerd discord and it was ruled out because of lining up your buttons with your buffs

by doing the regular FT -> fac -> wt your B4B comes up just before chaos thrust, so you can chaos thrust into geirskogul into nastrond

if you do 2x FT, your BotD will be at 18 seconds when that comes around, giving you only two natronds out of your LotD instead of 3

when considering rotations, you can't look at 10 GCDs in a vacuum, you have to look at 3+ minutes of where your buttons line up

edit: oh and it is a potency increase to do 2x FT while under LotD because you can't extend the timer anyway, but not otherwise

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

Since apparently people better at this than me have been mathing dragoon already and then not writing it down in a source I can find, do you know the answers to these corner cases (or at least point me to the place I can get them answered)?

How long should I be willing to hold Geirskogul to enter LotD sooner? It's pretty common for me to be at 3 eyes, with jump 10-30 seconds away, and geirskogul up. Currently I use geirskogul whenever that wouldn't cause me to lose an eye (i.e., I'll do it if jump is coming soon, but not if jump and spineshatter are coming soon). I do hold it if it's less than a 10 second wait, but that's mostly based on feel, not math.

Should I hold off on LotD until I get the meter above 20 seconds, or just pop it immediately even if I'd only get two nastronds?

Am I supposed to use B4B on cooldown like I did in ARR and HW, or do I want to try to line it up with stuff?

e: and for the LotD phase, do I just skip all BotD extenders and do triple FT, or do I do some extenders and only double FT?
The Balance discord talks about this all the time and it's not hidden from the public. Here's the current state of Eve's attempt to make it visual for people coming in new. There's gonna be nuance to this only achieved by understanding why this image comes together like it does and mapping out your button presses over a fight, but it gets the gist of it out.

Because of 35+35 = 70, and LotD being achievable only every 80s, you're gonna be sitting on the third Geirskogul for 10 seconds while you get your fourth Mirage Dive in. For your *first* LotD, you're gonna have used Spineshatter and have Dive Ready sitting all the way to 2-3 seconds as you activate geirskogul + nastrond in the same offGCD, and then use that Mirage Dive immediately after, giving you the second LotD's first eye while at the start of your first LotD.

B4B is still use on cooldown, but you are going to have to decide on holding it or not based on how fast your GCD is. The current i315 DRG set gives you an abysmally large amount of skill speed, so feel it out.

During LotD, which you should open after a B4B into Chaos Thrust every time when your buttons line up correctly, you will do the CT -> WT -> FaC, then double FT combo and back into doing the extenders again.

oh and all of this goes down the drain in the current endgame fights because they hate dragoon so play something else

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

now if only your computer wasn't rendering your game in ps2 mode

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

just a reminder that when they say "1k tenacity" that means you need it to say 1364 on your character sheet because the base amount doesn't count

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

widespread posted:

Welp I am back in this weird-rear end game. Just a Lv 27 Pug from two whole years ago, lamenting the loss of both Haymaker and Touch of Death. And Featherfoot. But the Second Wind buffed is nice.

... I'm half tempted to just slam my face into Duties instead of questing.

this is ain't wow friend, you gotta do those quests to unlock more of the game

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

they don't want tanks to do more damage than DPS jobs

which they easily can do now if the dps player is a moron

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

alexander was the monk job questline to the pugilist class questline

complete and utterly disappointing

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

strong bird posted:

I cleared all the content this patch blind

same

both lakshmi and susie dead in two pulls

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

that mechanic on the bull in bardam's isn't new, every time that one has been used it has been "get the gently caress away or die"

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

yes, that red arrow chain has only been used to indicate "damage done based on distance to source"

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

people who play tanks are the biggest primadonnas

if you interrupt what they perceive to be The Way, they will throw hissy fits

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

4. actual good tanks - rarer than intelligence out of donald trump, knows exactly how much threat to generate and will berate your rear end for not using Diversion, Tactician, Refresh or Lucid Dreaming to let them continue being awesome

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I love spearfishing, let me spearfish forever

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

the problem with drg is not their potency, it is just fundamentally broken and unfun to play right now

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

dragoon is like OH poo poo I GOT MY BUTTONS NOW FINALLY AFTER 80 SECONDS OF BATTLE

and then the boss leaves

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Mymla posted:

It's fun, actually.
I'm sorry, but not surprised, to hear that you're incapable of fun.

you must be insane to enjoy having your new buttons only be available to you when everyone else is done spending their big buttons, and having a DPS loss if you don't spend them immediately upon them becoming available to you

I can't use battle litany or dragon sight alongside Nåstrand because that would make bringing a dragoon to the party pointless because everyone else bursts after 5 GCDs, while I want to do it after 30 GCDs as the dragoon

plus the rotation is the same poo poo as we had throughout heavensward and we're still clipping chaos thrust because gently caress dragoons amiright

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

the top parses are totally being hit by assail, not sure what you're looking at

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Toshimo posted:

Here's what I'm looking at:

My parse: Tank gets 3 assails (as I've seen listed in guides), eats 2. https://www.fflogs.com/reports/z1W693dQt7fN2kwM#fight=1&type=damage-taken&view=analytical&start=25257&end=118054&by=ability

5:47 Parse: Tank gets 2 assails (and they transition to P2 30 seconds earlier, I guess there are timing breakpoints for phase transitions), eats 1. https://www.fflogs.com/reports/mv3nPFrkZK7L8yWq#fight=14&type=damage-taken&view=analytical&by=ability&start=5706716&end=5806799

5:53 Parse: No assails (also transitions 30 seconds earlier): https://www.fflogs.com/reports/GLKnC6194ZQgmVP3#fight=74&type=damage-taken&start=98851804&end=98952731&by=ability
things that do zero damage do not get listed as having hit

the assails are coming out, they are just being completely mitigated

go look at Casts and then select the ability Assail

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

ez game?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Minrad posted:

Let's play a game, shall we?

havin some real tea right now

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

what kind of sick gently caress puts dps at the top of the party list instead of the dumpster pile at the bottom where they belong
I used to play Dragoon and used a macro with <2> in it

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

oh my god pepsi man is back to kill all the statics of the world

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Meiteron posted:

Halicarnassus: How many layers of mechanics are you on
Brute Justice: Like, five or six, my dude
Halicarnassus: You are like a little baby
Halicarnassus: watch this

funnily enough this is the easiest part of the fight

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Reiterpallasch posted:

unpopular opinion: o1s might be on the easy side, but it's a really good fight and a superb first raid this expansion

ice floors is never a good time, gently caress that poo poo

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

Then explain why I have to have a "/p Clamp! <se.1>" macro to make idiots not die

because other people call clamp on voice chat

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Mr Worldwide plays in my head the whole time while doing o4s part 1

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Martman posted:

PSA: people can see the stats you've received from food buffs. So if a group tells you to go eat food before you can raid, don't try to eat a boiled egg and pull one over on them.

you're either a giant piece of poo poo or should get better raid members because that's really lovely to even have the mindset to think of pulling

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Pikavangelist posted:

Dear SE, we arent all no life neckbeard basement dwellers

So stop with the forced multiplayer dungeons already!
Make them solo for MSQ and then have them be raid-hard for repeating. In queue for over 20 minutes now. Not every one has time to waste like this.
Dont say play a tank or healer either. That is not a solution and beyond stupid to say because then we'd all be tanks and healers and no other jobs. And you dont always have 8 people in an fc willing to run dungeons. This is an unacceptable design idea from SE.

EDIT: Apparently I was beaten on this one. I'm honestly a little bit proud of you people.

I swear this OF post may be a goon because we've had a couple of these I DUN WANNA MULTIPLAYER IN MULTIPLAYER GAME idiots show up in the discord lately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

oh yeah I killed o4s too earlier today