Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Someone fill me in on the Primal BA drama I need to know which discord to join

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

S.J. posted:

Which of the Excal FCs should I join? Does it matter? halp

They’re all good but I’m in PBC so join that one.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I recently saw the video that showed that Haurchefant in the original Japanese script is like, moments away from cumming in his pants anytime the WoL shows up and is all around basically an entirely different character.

Are there more examples of stuff like that? I know that the script is "punched up" alot in English but that seems like the biggest change I've seen.

Fray is apparently pretty different.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

S.J. posted:

Okay is there an actual way to make money in this game outside of crafting? I finally finished the story so now I'm just grinding for fashion and leveling jobs and such.

Rare deep dungeon items, eureka/BA, treasure maps, that’s all I can think of

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Note Block posted:

I can make 100k to several million a day from Eureka bunnies. It's good stuff.

Is this in Hydatos or Pyros?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

When a dps pulls ahead of you it just means they’re eager to help so you can get sick mega pulls while also being able to spam aoe in place. You ingrates. :colbert:

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Cabbit posted:

You're conflating the people who actually write code with the people who make strategic decisions for some reason.

On a completely different note: I finally finished a Pagos weapon. Got to Pyros and found out that I need to be 41 to unlock all the aetherytes, but I'm only 38. Seriously unsure if I want to go to Pagos again to try and amass enough XP to hit that.

You’ll get far more xp from a pyros fate you’re under leveled for than a pagos fate, no need to go back

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Elentor posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up revealing the Echo is just the nice Primals' way of tempering you and being subtle about it.

It's definitely gonna be this.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Given the nature of the revelations about Primals all the way back in Heavensward, it seems to me that players should really stop referring to them as being “summoned”, as if they came from somewhere, when something like “manifested” seems more likely. It’s not like something had to have historically ever existed to be made manifest as a primal.

In fact, I wonder if primals actually even have a consciousness/will, or if it’s all just a Chinese Room situation. Personally, I’d bet on the latter. Maybe with the exception of ones like Shiva, etc.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

It’s all just aether, mannnn

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I read a lore discussion post elsewhere about how perhaps light and dark and Hydaelyn and Zodiark are manifested by peoples’ desire for there to be cosmic good and evil and now I want an expansion boss to be The Fallacious Concept of a Just World

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Clarste posted:

In my experience, BLM has an ideal rotation which you could argue is rigid, but in practice you will always have to improvise because the boss will not let you stand still and do your full rotation very often.

Yeah, that’s what I like about it. Of course, extensive knowledge of the fight can let you alter your CD usage to keep your rotation going, but even then you’re straying from that ideal patchwerk rotation. But the ability to grow improvisational skill is very fun.

Unfortunately, it feels to me like a lot of class guides and stuff assume you won’t get interrupted and don’t really cover how to adapt when things go wrong, in my experience. But some do and I really like those.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Ivalice and Crystal tower are good ways to do throwbacks. I hope eden is more of that and less of Omega

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I don’t know if it helps any but according to the lore books, fat chocobos are just a breed that looks fat, but they’re actually quite healthy.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I can’t wait to hear the full version of Titania’s theme.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Both horses and chickens exist. Chicken breast and chicken eggs are both vendor items for low level culinarian. And there’s plenty of horses, both are extreme ponies and the ones in the Azim Steppe.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

What’s inside here.... is a Gamer.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

The logos actions in pyros, hydatos, and especially in BA feel like a successful exploration of customization and I wouldn’t be surprised if they continued to allow customization in sandboxed areas in the future.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

The guilty pay the price.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

There are two different starting spots that players get randomly assigned to but the board itself is always the same

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Cabbit posted:

I'm kind of annoyed how little we got to know Hingashi despite using Kugane as our hub city and base of operations.

Yeah, I was really disappointed by that. I wish we had a lot more Hingashi.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

FFXIV: Summoned to Another World of Eternal Day and now I’m the Jet-Black Villain of Darkness?!

I like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

PBC photo session was fun and it's a fun FC, have fun with us in Shadowbringers!